Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

No Wave posted:

is it really? i think its funnier when the 6000 token card gets poo poo on.

Yeah it’s way more fun watching Galactus get played into Cosmo or Green Goblin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Shwqa posted:

Man I got the pixel variant of forge today. My God he is ugly.

Imo most (not all) of the pixel variants are terrible. There are a few that are cool, though. Given that pixel variants are "free variants*" I think that means they know they suck.

*I'm pretty sure some of the cooler variants are accessible by gold only.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There are like 2 or 3 good pixel ones and the rest are hot garbage

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just won like 3 games in a row with Hobgoblin

Once I lucked out because I thought my opponent filled their location but it turned out they were playing Venom, so they destroyed all of their cards and then my Hobgoblin neutralized the Venom card completely

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Sean posted:

Imo most (not all) of the pixel variants are terrible. There are a few that are cool, though. Given that pixel variants are "free variants*" I think that means they know they suck.

*I'm pretty sure some of the cooler variants are accessible by gold only.

Yeah the ones that cost 1200 in the shop are. There are plenty of cool ones in the 700 range though. Also reposting as a general PSA because it was news to me -- your "progress" towards getting special treatments that require upgrading a card to Infinity multiple times is shared across variants. So you could split Hellcow twice for a foil background and sparkle effects, then open a variant and just split it once for a chance at that sweet golden Pixel Hellcow.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

goferchan posted:

Yeah the ones that cost 1200 in the shop are. There are plenty of cool ones in the 700 range though. Also reposting as a general PSA because it was news to me -- your "progress" towards getting special treatments that require upgrading a card to Infinity multiple times is shared across variants. So you could split Hellcow twice for a foil background and sparkle effects, then open a variant and just split it once for a chance at that sweet golden Pixel Hellcow.

oh. that's really good to know!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Man I got the pixel variant of forge today. My God he is ugly.

For me, pixel Forge is in the "wraps all the way back around to good" category.

No Wave posted:

EDIT: MY DEBRII GOT UNPINNED and theres a knull in my shop!!!!

I have Debrii and want to like it, but either I'm doing it wrong or I'm missing the other cards needed to make her work. Wong/Death/Luke Cage + Hazmat seem like the popular choices, and I don't have those. Do you have a plan for her?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Maneck posted:

For me, pixel Forge is in the "wraps all the way back around to good" category.

I have Debrii and want to like it, but either I'm doing it wrong or I'm missing the other cards needed to make her work. Wong/Death/Luke Cage + Hazmat seem like the popular choices, and I don't have those. Do you have a plan for her?
I own wong+luke cage+hazmat and wanted to improve it. Still don't think it's actually good in any firm tho tbh.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Debrii works pretty well in Patriot decks. She gives you two tokens that get buffed by Patriot and she clogs up your opponent's board a little. She's not game-breaking or anything but I can't see myself removing her from my deck.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

genuinely dont think ive ever tilted this bad for this long. playing a mix of dino+leader and baero and just keep loving up, making dumb mistakes, when i'm not just losing coinflips and getting outdrawn. need to shake out of this somehow.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well there goes my 3K points on She-Hulk

I almost went there, missed the deadline, and then got rewarded by having Rogue and Wong both show up back to back in my shop. Waiting for my last 1k token card to eat my initial supply but I feel like I've gotten some shenanigans diversity out of waiting for the cards from Wave 3 that I consider the most fun. Wondering if I should regret not grabbing Doc Ock when he passed through my shop this morning.

edit: that said, She-Hulk is no joke and she's definitely worth the 3k all on her ownsome.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat, Knull is the first series 4/5 card that I actually want. Maybe in a few years...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I really like Debrii in the Death+Surfer deck I've been playing recently but she could use a little stat boost IMO. There are a lot of 3-energy/4-power cards that are pure upside, and with the symmetrical nature of her effect I don't think she needs to be at 3/3.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

stev posted:

drat, Knull is the first series 4/5 card that I actually want. Maybe in a few years...

Please look forward to losing to Knull for six months till you get the tokens.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If there was an option to pay to not see a Patriot deck against me ever again I’d strongly consider it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

If you're using the "Always Snaps" title and you do not, in fact, snap back when I snap on T1? The cosmos look down upon you in harsh judgment.

I go for honesty and use the "Absolute Garbage" title for myself.

Inferior posted:

A successful Galactus play is so, so funny.

I hit someone's Galactus with a Yondu on turn 1 last night and they immediately retreated.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Goblins annoy me, especially Green, because 90% of the time, if my opponent is running one, we end up getting the "One Card Per Player" location and they drop their Gob before I can play whatever I was wanting to play.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

If there was an option to pay to not see a Patriot deck against me ever again I’d strongly consider it

Since they're probably playing Blue Marvel on t5 so they can Ultron/Doom on t6, it's usually easy to know where to play your Enchantress/Rogue.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

canyonero posted:

Since they're probably playing Blue Marvel on t5 so they can Ultron/Doom on t6, it's usually easy to know where to play your Enchantress/Rogue.

As a Patriot player, please delete this post :cry:

The trick is to spread Patriot/Ka-Zar/BM if possible so that a single Enchantress/Rogue doesn't kill you. The disadvantage is that the Ultron lane will be a bit weaker, but that's what your other vanillas are for

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I played Patriot on 5 once right before a Leech drop, so he was unharmed and the cards left in my hand were all Patriot friendly, and now I'm going to drop Patriot T5 for the rest of my life to my detriment

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Once I lucked out because I thought my opponent filled their location but it turned out they were playing Venom, so they destroyed all of their cards and then my Hobgoblin neutralized the Venom card completely

My second favourite thing to drop Destroyer in is a game where I got goblined. I had Bucky/nova/wolverine down already and someone thought they were slick adding a Hobgoblin there. Oooo noooo, you got me good, you'd better snap!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Leader needs a nerf

Or I need a Leader

Either is ok by me

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I just assume every Patriot user is going to put Mystique down next to him the next turn (t4 if things are going well for their draw), so Enchantress gets double value if you don't have priority. It seems like most zoo type decks tend to have priority since they have some power everywhere early.

^ I think it works to complain about a card here and get it in your shop or next cache. So I also hate leader (and Wong and Debrii and Juggernaut and Ultron).

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It's probably just the brutality of the ladder but I feel like I am being consistently punished for playing my decks that are good. Feel like the meta has rotated against Arnim Zola/Wong/any turn 5 or 6 combo because I've seen so much Aero, Juggernaut, Leech, and Rogue today.

wyoak posted:

Leader needs a nerf

Or I need a Leader

Either is ok by me

I got frustrated playing meta and broke out my Hazmat Luke Cage deck and had two enemy Leaders today copy my Hazmat on turn 6 for an even bigger punish

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

canyonero posted:

I just assume every Patriot user is going to put Mystique down next to him the next turn (t4 if things are going well for their draw), so Enchantress gets double value if you don't have priority. It seems like most zoo type decks tend to have priority since they have some power everywhere early.

^ I think it works to complain about a card here and get it in your shop or next cache. So I also hate leader (and Wong and Debrii and Juggernaut and Ultron).

I don't have Mystique so I can't comment there. With Ultron as a finisher, power on board is a bit secondary, but it does mean it's vulnerable to Prof X.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Serperoth posted:

As a Patriot player, please delete this post :cry:

The trick is to spread Patriot/Ka-Zar/BM if possible so that a single Enchantress/Rogue doesn't kill you. The disadvantage is that the Ultron lane will be a bit weaker, but that's what your other vanillas are for

What does a Patriot deck with Kazar and BM look like? I've been running this and I'm not sure what I'd swap out for those two:

quote:

# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (1) Zero
# (2) Shocker
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (4) The Thing
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3F1aXJyZWxHaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUGF0cmlvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlR5cGhvaWRNYXJ5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaGVUaGluZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJvbWluYXRpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pc3R5S25pZ2h0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The idea here is that I can play Zero into either Lizard or Mary for some big numbers relative to the power cost, and if the draw order doesn't work out then all the vanilla cards make it pretty easy to slot in Zero regardless, as 3 power for 1 energy is not nothing

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

wyoak posted:

Leader needs a nerf

Or I need a Leader

Either is ok by me

I find Leader so loving confusing when both sides play one. It seems like you just end up with Leaders randomly spewed all over the place and I always lose.

I don't think it encourages good strategic play, I'd be happy if it was removed, or maybe cost-reduced and limited to the lane it's played in.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

What does a Patriot deck with Kazar and BM look like? I've been running this and I'm not sure what I'd swap out for those two:

The idea here is that I can play Zero into either Lizard or Mary for some big numbers relative to the power cost, and if the draw order doesn't work out then all the vanilla cards make it pretty easy to slot in Zero regardless, as 3 power for 1 energy is not nothing

This is what I've been running

code:

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUGF0cmlvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hvY2tlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJvbWluYXRpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlVsdHJvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhc3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Patriot alone is a bit like Ka-Zar for vanillas, he's OK with one or two, but the more the merrier. The way I see it, you benefit more from going wide. Ultron is your plan A, the drones become 5 power with everything online. Debrii would probably be as good a plan B as Doom, but other than that, Mystique and Brood would be the other cards I'd be looking at, with Brood helping you go a bit tall rather than wide

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

No Wave posted:

EDIT: MY DEBRII GOT UNPINNED and theres a knull in my shop!!!!

:mmmhmm: :mmmhmm: :mmmhmm: :mmmhmm: :mmmhmm:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

They and I both Storm'd T3 and I figured, "gently caress it, let's end this now" and Absorbing man'd T4. They were trying to miracle Jubilee for something to lock out the lane but obviously failed and retreated. While not cube gatherers, these games are fun.

I love when Jubilee helps me. Jubilee pulled Wave so I could play Sera a turn early. They played Leader to grab my Sera thinking they were cool as hell for that move I bet, I just used Rogue to not just steal her back but make it so I could play my whole loving hand with double Sera T6. Jugg to knock them off their panic Maximus and Scarlet Witch off center and safely to a lane I'm already gonna lose and I put up numbers. (I believe the lane was Kamar Taj before their Witch hit.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I kinda quit this game because snapping and surrendering are such a big part of the climb but most of the fun is seeing degenerate stuff happen.

If we're supposed to retreat every time what's the point?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

WarpedLichen posted:

I kinda quit this game because snapping and surrendering are such a big part of the climb but most of the fun is seeing degenerate stuff happen.

you don't have to climb. ranked rewards are nothing.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

No Wave posted:

you don't have to climb. ranked rewards are nothing.

Yeah but my opponents do too (even the ones I swear are bots).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you don't snap people won't retreat that much. Unless you're playing crap like wong in which case yeah nobody wants to watch that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

WarpedLichen posted:

snap earlier. if you snap on t5 and your opponent has to gamble between losing one cube because they believe you when you snapped vs thinking you're an idiot and lose 4, they're gonna pick 1.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

canyonero posted:

I think Sandman is pretty good in an Armin Zola deck, especially in a multi-card turn 6 like we seem to be in. Sandman t4, Dino/Panther t5, Zola t6.

Also the Zola/Panther/Dino deck I used most of last season is still letting me climb without too much issue. The only changes I made to the one discussed here was taking out Hulk and Spider-Woman to add Killmonger (get rid of those drat squirrels and raptors) and Sandman.

Can you post it? I'm considering such a deck myself.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Goddammit. Wong is in my shop but I really want Sera and Patriot. Only sitting on 1700 tokens *but* I'll probably spend all my saved gold on the sunspot bundle. Should still probably save the tokens for she-hulk or at least something less telegraphed.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Is the Sunspot bundle data mined from the future?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Yeah, costs 6000 gold and you get 8000 credits, 2000 collector tokens and the variant, title, avatar and 100 sunspot boosters.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vulpes posted:

I find Leader so loving confusing when both sides play one. It seems like you just end up with Leaders randomly spewed all over the place and I always lose.

I don't think it encourages good strategic play, I'd be happy if it was removed, or maybe cost-reduced and limited to the lane it's played in.

It's not random. Each Leader creates another Leader that repeats the process, so you both just fill the lane in which your opponent played a Leader with more Leaders. Whoever had the most free spaces gets the most Leaders.

The tricky part comes when Leader is discounted or Limbo is in play, so that something else can be played alongside it. Then priority can matter. Say I played Leader left and you played Leader (free from the Raft) mid and Green Goblin left, and those are the only cards in both lanes. If I have priority I fill my mid lane with Leaders and send three Goblins across to you. You don't get anything because I filled the lane where you would have got Leaders, but your Goblin does come over to me and I believe I keep one for myself from the fourth Leader in mid. If you have priority then - assuming you played Goblin first - you send Goblin over to me then put four Leaders in left. I fill the mid with Leaders as before, but fill the left with Goblins that I can't pass over because the lane is now full. (If you played Leader first then you get three Leaders in left and then we trade one Goblin each way.)

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Goddammit. Wong is in my shop but I really want Sera and Patriot. Only sitting on 1700 tokens *but* I'll probably spend all my saved gold on the sunspot bundle. Should still probably save the tokens for she-hulk or at least something less telegraphed.

If you know you're buying the Sunspot bundle then you can pick up Wong from the shop. Along with the bundle your next 12 boxes will provide enough tokens for a Series 4 card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Jedit posted:

If you know you're buying the Sunspot bundle then you can pick up Wong from the shop. Along with the bundle your next 12 boxes will provide enough tokens for a Series 4 card.

Oh for sure, but if I don't then I can pick up either Sera or Patriot when they pop up instead. Wong seems fun and very powerful but also super easy to shutdown or retreat from so not great for climbing.