Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

What's the opposite of "go woke go broke"?

"go fash lose cash"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Its weirder than that. I literally made a new google account just to get away from grifter youtube outrage merchants. That dude literially made bank by loving yelling "GO WOKE GO BROKE"

brie said something like "if you dont like it then its not for you" or maybe it was a "then dont see the movie then"

Oh yeah I think I might be confusing his hate boner for brie with his "notice me senpai" Please notice me senpai" for that Gina lady that got kicked off of Mandalorian.

Anyway the brie thing isnt anything near gamergate levels it was IMO just thing to whine about while promoting his sponsors.

the comic book/movie culture war is so stupid. The only aspect I find fascinating is how it started with iron man and now it covers so many movies and tv show I ve lost track of every.

To bring it back on point jermey doing notice me elon musk is just sad, and I hope he and his wife dont get impregnated by musk

There's YouTube channel blocker extensions you can get for most major browsers now. With just one click you can disappear these assholes from your virtual life forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Azhais posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/19/sen-warren-warns-tesla-board-about-musk-conflicts-of-interest-with-twitter.html

Apparently there are rules about appropriating assets from public companies to prop up private ones (i.e. using Tesla engineers to review Twitter code)

I knew there were rules but also know that nothing matters

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Nazis storming Twitter HQ trying to save musk but accidentally killing him because they think hes a copy of the real musk

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Pretending there is anyone left at Twitter HQ except bored security guards

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I hope Elon stays on so the lols stay flowing for you :unsmith:

There Bias Two posted:

poo poo, I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time right now. DMs are open if you need to vent.

Another Bill posted:

Hang in there kitty!

I've had days like this and they suck.

Codependent Poster posted:

Good luck to you and your family. Sorry to hear about the hard times.

On the topic of Elon, I can't believe you're all posting his assassination coordinates non stop!

Infinitum posted:

I hope whatever dumb thing is about to happen, cause it's gonna be dumb, is dumb enough to take your mind off things for a bit friendo.

(Protip: Musk is doing it so it's gonna be the dumbest 'I am very intelligent' poo poo ever)

(He spent $44 billion dollars to have everyone tell him to get hosed)

(:elon:)

Thanks fellow Goons. It's funny, I've taken myself off of every social media platform except this place- I hope SA never changes I think I would leave the Internet forever if some goober lime Musk took this place over. It kind of had the opposite happen, didn't it?

May Elon continue to distracted me from my currently sad life.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

geonetix posted:

I wonder how much actually work people are twitter are doing at the moment? Like, I can imagine a lot of peoples days is just watching elons twitter account trying to figure out if they'll still have a job by days end.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1604661892840009729
Little callback lol: The crazed antifa assassin, that meticulously extrapolated the car's exact position from where Elon's plane landed a day earlier, was actually a Grimes stalker. To everyone's complete surprise it had zero to do with @ElonJet

quote:

In his communications with The Post, Collado, who said he was a driver for Uber Eats, also made several bizarre and unsupported claims, including that he believed Boucher was sending him coded messages through her Instagram posts; that Musk was monitoring his real-time location; and that Musk could control Uber Eats to block him from receiving delivery orders.

This is sad. Medication could probably help this man but he's an Uber Eats driver so he probably can't afford it. Besides, those secret messages were intended for me.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rondette posted:

It's funny, I've taken myself off of every social media platform except this place

Same, my days have started off so much better without scrolling some drat algorithmically generated feed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

geonetix posted:

There's still like, what, 50 to 100 people there that Musk is forcing to live, work, and sleep there in jury rigged hotel room spaces because they're all there on work visas and Musk will deport them if they try to leave. So yeah, the slaves are still there. Security isn't there to keep anyone out, they're there to keep the servants in.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

At the rate it’s dropped the past week, it’ll be under 100 by the year end. Wonder where the floor is

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Gotta appreciate the transition from 'musk tweets are tanking tesla stock' to this morning's 'musk not tweeting is causing tesla stock to tank more'

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Konar posted:

Same, my days have started off so much better without scrolling some drat algorithmically generated feed

Jokes on you were about to roll out golden man babies (up votes) and gasses (down votes) so we can synergize with the paradigm of web 3.0

Make your posts good people!

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

does anyone still think this poll result is what he wanted. you'd think he'd be armed with a zinger or lovely memes for the result drop.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Steadiman posted:

This is why you shouldn't allow mail-in voting on Twitter polls. Rigged!

It's likely that's why he's doing it via poll, isn't it? So he can step away, under investor pressure, without admitting any fault? His followers would just assume it's a rigged poll and he's just too much of an honorable man to fight the results. At least that's what he thinks in his head.

In reality they'll be digusyed by his rolling over when ubermensch Trump fought.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Gotta appreciate the transition from 'musk tweets are tanking tesla stock' to this morning's 'musk not tweeting is causing tesla stock to tank more'

I think it's just the downward spiral of nobody knows what's going on and people realizing that,the philosopher king they staked the company's value on is actually a drooling idiot.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bad_fmr posted:

Wait wait wait. The flight tracker assassin is SA poster Waffle House?

Btw according to the Sagas thread in PYF this is actually appearing more and more likely

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Konar posted:

Browse imgur a lot and I recently started filtering out trump, musk, and politics. It cleans up like 80% of the feed.

I just want to see dumb memes and pictures of cats and dogs

https://i.imgur.com/DHF1t6n.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ngvZITz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AWHt8L0.mp4

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

never

.random
May 7, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Jokes on you were about to roll out golden man babies (up votes) and gasses (down votes) so we can synergize with the paradigm of web 3.0

:gas:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Decon posted:

The real lesson I'm getting here is that the only good big name in tech is Myspace Tom. He made a fairly successful website, sold it before it collapsed, and hosed off with his cartoon sacks of cash to.... *checks wikipedia*... do photography at Burning Man.

It's not really his fault that he mainstreamed social media as there's fair argument to be made that he was just one of many people going "how do I make forums digestible for normal people". As far as I can tell, he had the sense to not let it go to his head, and seems to have just gone and lived his drat life instead of deciding that his giant pile of money and (temporarily) successful website means he's god made flesh.

He's my friend, and yeah a sound guy

The Postman
May 12, 2007

can he make it 24 hours without Posting?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like tom because he was like "yeah okay you can play a song on your page, you might piss people off but whatever man, its all on you, use your best judgment"

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sequoia Capital uncomfortably shifting in their chairs as goons explain why the downvotes actually need to be references to holocaust gas chambers. They still make a 300 million dollar initial funding investment.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Post you big loving BitchBaby

Couldn't wait to run your fat Trouth mouth earlier, what's wrong now?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
As promised, I will now STEP DOWN from twitter

*picks up his severed foot the saudis chopped off, drops it on the tarmack*

Crylaugh-emoji-face

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait.. so since losing has Elon gone radio silent? Because lmfao he is surely sulking and crying if so.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I can't believe Elon Musk loving killed himself

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Saudis took his Tweeting Thumbs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hobo Clown posted:

I can't believe Elon Musk loving killed himself

noooooo he had information that would lead to the arrest of hilary clinton

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

yook posted:

As promised, I will now STEP DOWN from twitter

*picks up his severed foot the saudis chopped off, drops it on the tarmack*

Crylaugh-emoji-face

"Let that sink in!"

*is slowly lowered into drum of acid*

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Hes probably busy figuring out how to get tesla new investors to pump up the price.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

geonetix posted:

There's also Dora, Eivid and Alejandro who still run the cafeteria that nobody uses.

Pretty cool job all in all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Please Mr Trump, won't you pretty please be the CEO of Twitter? I bought it for you!"

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

elon was sent to the Past while in flight and he's currently tearing up sheets of paper at an empty airport

If this is a Langoliers reference he's DEFINITELY the guy who went crazy about hallucinating being late to a meeting and his dad hating him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A farting mink posted:

There's also Dora, Eivid and Alejandro who still run the cafeteria that nobody uses.

Pretty cool job all in all.

he sold all the cafeteria equipment, what do they do?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elon died on the way back to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ProfessorMarvel posted:

If this is a Langoliers reference he's DEFINITELY the guy who went crazy about hallucinating being late to a meeting and his dad hating him

That's the paper-ripping guy.