Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CBD Corndog posted:

Oh, I know what will fix the freefalling stock price

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1606325491069222914

More useless junk in the merch store

This would mean something, if your feet could be wirelessly charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Ok

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

:lmao:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1606341183705268224

Dummy didn't push enough commits

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I dunno why people don't realize with freaks like elon (and trump) loyalty is an extremely one way street.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Textbook 5D chess

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Wtf is the point of private likes? The whole point of dumb bullshit like that is brag

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I can like lewds without my wife seeing

Samuel L. Jackson is getting heat for his liking habits. NSFW

https://i.redd.it/o9f9o7db0k7a1.jpg

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

This would mean something, if your feet could be wirelessly charges.

Oh well in that case it makes sense, there's plenty of people on Twitter who charge wirelessly for their feet

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

shock, the view count thing is something twitter already trialled years ago and decided not to deploy, and elon just dusted it off and shipped it

https://twitter.com/Stammy/status/1606021753725034497

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

How many people with 0 view tweets will complain to elon directly about being shadowbanned lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just to be clear what this person is asking for WOULD require actual development work; which means it will not happen

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
https://twitter.com/williampietri/status/1591502124977950720

Did Luke get the boot over this?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

LOL It's THAT GUY? Guess he wasn't hardcore enough!

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Guess it took about a month to transition all of Luke’s knowledge

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Lmao “they were cut for a reason”

That reason is a certain fuckwit that took over and decided to be a gigantic pissbaby about literally everything.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

The attached tweet also says it isn't just the owner's views - they tweeted this, logged out, logged back in and found it at 10

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Green Wing posted:

The attached tweet also says it isn't just the owner's views - they tweeted this, logged out, logged back in and found it at 10

Probably 10 poorly-batched RPC requests. Working on it

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Clearly the FBI agents are viewing the tweets

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

priznat posted:

I dunno why people don't realize with freaks like elon (and trump) loyalty is an extremely one way street.

But what if one day I got to be the freak? Worth it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigglesSWE posted:

How long till mentioning Glass Onion will get you banned on Twitter?

Why? Does Rian Johnson dunk all over Musk in the movie, or this some weird perpetual right wing nerd outrage spill over from The Last Jedi somehow?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Maybe Elons definition of a view is different from ours. Like, yeah, you’re viewing this post right now, but is that really just a view. Maybe you lingered on it for a second. That could be like 1.8 views. Or if you left it on your screen while you left to answer a phone call or take a piss. Now we’re in 50 views, maybe even triple digits if you camp out on the toilet like I do. If I leave a post on my screen overnight, guess what, you’ve gone viral.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Why? Does Rian Johnson dunk all over Musk in the movie, or this some weird perpetual right wing nerd outrage spill over from The Last Jedi somehow?

The former. There's a character in there who fills a very similar archetype as a weirdo rich wunderkind guy, and the movie takes great pleasure in showing him to be a gigantic idiot who got rich on the back of dumb luck and other people's work.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Postman posted:

Clearly the FBI agents are viewing the tweets

It's Maye Musk trying to save her son's crumbling empire.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I'm less inclined to believe that the view counts are completely fabricated than I am that they just implemented it in the most lazy way possible without any consideration of whether it actually reflects views or not (because who's going to know?). Maybe they just put a counter on and keep track of every time the tweet is touched by any part of the system.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i'm sure this won't be bloated at all. i hope they just plop it into the existing UI with "public" or "private" toggles lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol even this loser suck up couldn’t hack it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon is just going to promise everyone every feature they want and won't deliver on any of it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I would love to see someone put together a UI mockup with all the dumb features elon is promising, it’s gonna be a nightmare.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Green Wing posted:

lol, imagine working for the FTC right now

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

priznat posted:

I would love to see someone put together a UI mockup with all the dumb features elon is promising, it’s gonna be a nightmare.

Bullshit. It's all going to be great, they just need to rewrite their ridiculous stack.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
All he has to do now is buy keenspot's old codebase and call it twitter, seems like what he wants is an old image board rss kind of thing

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/s...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

super cool that Elon brought these back

Maybe you can have visitors sign a guestbook on each tweet next

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

out of sight out of mind bing bong

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Just offhandedly committing to building a YouTube competitor in reply to some random

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1606369816205414400?s=46&t=J_h4nOgCr08i9lGC8k5Eew

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

I want a realistic down-to-earth twitter that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And, also, you should win things by watching.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Lol when you look that dude up on LinkedIn, there's a section "posts mentioning Luke" and the top posts are all screenshots of his slack messages

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it takes a great engineer to reply to every random suggestion about your 40 billion dollar website with agreement

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it takes a great engineer to reply to every random suggestion about your 40 billion dollar website with agreement

Interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Noxville posted:

Just offhandedly committing to building a YouTube competitor in reply to some random

https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1606369816205414400?s=46&t=J_h4nOgCr08i9lGC8k5Eew

I bet he just forwards these tweets to employees and says "on my desk by Friday"