Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Edmonton needs to get its loving poo poo together, it’s painful to watch McJesus get squandered year after year.

Hmmm nah. He is the creator of his own destruction ever since they started giving him say in who to trade for/sign, plus he called the Hockey Canada execs the real victims so gently caress him I hope he rots in Edmonton until he is 36 then spends his last few years suffering in Philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
McDavid is a boring guy so he'll play in Edmonton and never win a Cup and then when he's like 35 he'll sign with Toronto

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jamwad Hilder posted:

McDavid is a boring guy so he'll play in Edmonton and never win a Cup and then when he's like 35 he'll sign with Toronto

And never win a cup

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

What was the WHA like back in its day?
Was the competition markedly lower than the NHL at large or is not rolling the records together a result of the battle between the leagues

Like if every team in the AHL got one top line NHL player. Don't read anything into WHA statistics.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tarbrush posted:

And never win a cup

Yeah, that's what they said

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
What's an option to stream the world junior tournament?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Krime posted:

What's an option to stream the world junior tournament?

Youtube, search for wjhc or the countries playing and filter by live. 95% of results will be fake but there will likely be at least one real stream (probably russian)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
nhl66 comments should have some links too

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
On hockey is still going strong, but can be annoying to use with popups and questionable security.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

News: My wife surprised me with tickets to the Kraken game against the Ducks in March.
Views: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Theres no World Juniors thread so let me just say :lol: Finland.

Also Latvia is now tied with the USA somehow with their only shot on goal in the second period.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Furnaceface posted:

Theres no World Juniors thread so let me just say :lol: Finland.

Also Latvia is now tied with the USA somehow with their only shot on goal in the second period.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4020502

I made a thread so you can laugh at Finland in there.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres/Blue Jackets was postponed because WNY is still shut down due to the snow storm. The airport is closed until at least Wednesday and most of the city hasn’t been plowed. Any Sabres players who left for the holiday can’t get back. We are supposed to host the Red Wings on Thursday but that’s also questionable.

It took my wife and I about four hours to shovel the ~4 feet of snow out of our sidewalk and driveway. We are trapped in our house because the street is still full of snow. Lots of people lost power for more than a day and many are unable to get food. Like 30 people have died. It’s pretty insane!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Sabres/Blue Jackets was postponed because WNY is still shut down due to the snow storm. The airport is closed until at least Wednesday and most of the city hasn’t been plowed. Any Sabres players who left for the holiday can’t get back. We are supposed to host the Red Wings on Thursday but that’s also questionable.

It took my wife and I about four hours to shovel the ~4 feet of snow out of our sidewalk and driveway. We are trapped in our house because the street is still full of snow. Lots of people lost power for more than a day and many are unable to get food. Like 30 people have died. It’s pretty insane!

That's even a lot of snow for WNY. Stay safe, and also lols at postponing maybe 2 games because of it. RIP to the schedule.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Stupid question from a PacNWer who doesn't deal with snow often: If the street is full of snow and you can't go anywhere, why bother shoveling the driveway/sidewalk?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Stupid question from a PacNWer who doesn't deal with snow often: If the street is full of snow and you can't go anywhere, why bother shoveling the driveway/sidewalk?

Because we get 4" and the city shuts down. It takes 24" to slow down Buffalo. That was 48" and is taller than most 6 year olds. So you shovel in anticipation of the plows eventually getting to you.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I had several days off for the holiday and would rather do it during the day than in the evening after I have worked all day, when it’ll be darker and colder. It needs to be done eventually, no point to waiting. They’ll plow my street eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also if you leave it then the plows push even more onto your driveway.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

If you don't do it soon after it falls it will freeze solid.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
4' of snow is absolutely insane, goddamn

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Jhet posted:

That's even a lot of snow for WNY. Stay safe, and also lols at postponing maybe 2 games because of it. RIP to the schedule.

Are you saying "Winnypeg"?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Koth posted:

Are you saying "Winnypeg"?

Western New York? It's where Buffalo is and where those cancelled games are.

I just assume Winnipeg is a wasteland of cold and snow most of the winter if it's anything like northern Minnesota, but most places would have issues dealing with 4 feet of snow in one storm.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It hardens after a while and it's a huge pain after that. You want to get it overwith while it's still soft and manageable.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

Also if you leave it then the plows push even more onto your driveway.

We didn’t end up shoveling all the way to the street, it’s inevitable that the plow is going to gently caress it up. Whenever they plow the city side streets lol

Eric the Mauve posted:

If you don't do it soon after it falls it will freeze solid.

That was inevitable too because it was like 10 degrees with 60mph winds and by the time the winds died down enough that we could shovel, probably 3/4 of the snow was compacted and tough to shovel. We’re both sore af. I’m also sad that it will be several more days before I get to watch the Sabres again. At least the Bills won on Saturday!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Winnipeg is cold but only gets a moderate amount of snow, most of the time.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
come to ottawa, it's cold, we get lots of snow, and also freezing rain and also Trudeau lives here

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mennoknight posted:

come to ottawa, it's cold, we get lots of snow, and also freezing rain and also Trudeau lives here

Sprout some mountains an I'm in.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Flew in to saskatoon mid blizzard after a 4 hour delay in Toronto in a broken down WestJet plane. F+ this country is too big and cold.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Who was the last blue chip goalie prospect that came from Canada? When did the country get so bad at this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Matt Murray lol

Or Carter Hart I guess.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

The Dirty Burger posted:

Who was the last blue chip goalie prospect that came from Canada? When did the country get so bad at this

whats funny is russia arguably has the best goalie tandem in any hypothetical best on best tourney(if they were allowed to play). total opposite of what im used to

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Matt Murray lol

Or Carter Hart I guess.

Jordan Binngton was right there. So close you could have thrown a water bottle at him.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Aphrodite posted:

Matt Murray lol

Or Carter Hart I guess.

Yeah I think Hart was supposed to be a The Guy level prospect but then it turned out he was on the Flyers.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Hand Knit posted:

Yeah I think Hart was supposed to be a The Guy level prospect but then it turned out he was on the Flyers.

Hart is not having quite Vezina level season , but he’s been really really good this year. Def #1 goalie level , and probably enough to be top 3 for team Canada (which yeah, they don’t have a lot of options).

The fact that he is only the Flyers , and is doomed to spend his career being shelled by pucks for 50 games a year is a tragedy though.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Devon Levi will get there.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Stuart Skinner

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mennoknight posted:

Devon Levi will get there.

Yeah, the goalie pipeline for the Sabres is great. It’s just who they have right now that is the problem lol besides Anderson, who can’t play at a high level more than one day a week.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

more like brown chip

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Jordan Binngton was right there. So close you could have thrown a water bottle at him.

He’s older than the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1607805194925899777?s=46&t=DkOcIgFhoMo1px35Sx918w

Not very auspicious that one of the Leafs goalies needs a load management game despite his last start being a week ago, and the other one needs “redemption” after looking like poo poo in his last third period

but what did we expect, really