Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I haven’t really been spending any gold on variants, is the Winter Wonderland bundle (Sunspot and other junk) good value for 6000 gold? Or should I stop being a butthole and start grabbing variants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Jcam posted:

I haven’t really been spending any gold on variants, is the Winter Wonderland bundle (Sunspot and other junk) good value for 6000 gold? Or should I stop being a butthole and start grabbing variants?

yes, it's a decent rate for the credits alone, the 2000 tokens are a big deal, and the rest is gravy.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

When do emotes and collectors tokens and other stuff unlock? I’m only CL65 or so at this point.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Alright, got my carefully crafted deck, let's play some Snap. "Replace your deck with 10 random cards." ... well at least it can't get any worse. "Draw 3 cards and destroy your deck." gently caress off.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jcam posted:

The collector's tokens are the equivalent of what you'd gain from advancing 960 CLs on the track, so pretty significant-- up to you if that's worth it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I wish the game would stop advertising the Sunspot bundle since it's not on sale anymore. It's not in the store on Android anyway. This line in the sand bundle is tempting, but I don't think I want to spend $20 for Spider Man and Sandman.

I made it to Rank 40 tonight! I've been using the extremely basic support deck I posted earlier. Having multiple 4 and 5 cost cards for multiple win conditions seems to work well.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Walla posted:

I wish the game would stop advertising the Sunspot bundle since it's not on sale anymore. It's not in the store on Android anyway. This line in the sand bundle is tempting, but I don't think I want to spend $20 for Spider Man and Sandman.

I made it to Rank 40 tonight! I've been using the extremely basic support deck I posted earlier. Having multiple 4 and 5 cost cards for multiple win conditions seems to work well.

it's in the store for another 4 days

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I've purchased it already but it still shows up right below the Spider-Man bundle (which is a much worse deal unless you just really like the anime variants)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

You can't see the Sunspot bundle until you're CL 500 or higher.

Edit: of, if you're over it just says SOLD, yeah.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

Yondu-Venom-Zola on Bar Sinister. I wasn't really sure how it would work, exactly, but uhhhh it did

Try it with Nova instead of Yondu some day :D

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Try it with Nova instead of Yondu some day :D

Oh I've done that one, but this is my Knull deck so Yondu works a lot better if I see it pop up.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Got winter ebony maw and wave in my last two reserves! Hoping for winter rogue next (since I don't have rogue).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Have there been any leaks about the next bundle? I just hit 6000 gold and all the extras are tempting, but I don't really use Sunspot

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I've been using all my gold on buying missions and I really should've been saving them up I guess

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Jcam posted:

I decided to buy it as a season pass player who has been saving up gold. It was well worth the CL boost and it was a lot of fun upgrading card after card after card. Thanks to opening so many caches I also recieved the winter vacation varient of Patriot, Rogue, Rock Slide, and Abomination.

That said, even unlocking a bunch of new cards didn't save me from a bad week and dropping rank from 63 to 55. Seemed like no matter what deck I played my opponents always had answers. I went through something similar at the start of this season too though and eventually turned things around.

I've worked my way back to 57 again and am trying to slow down, think, and pay better attention to how I'm playing.

Losing that many ranks, especially when my decks had solid hands or strong last turn plays only to still lose, has sure made me gun shy about snapping though.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Opopanax posted:

Oh I've done that one, but this is my Knull deck so Yondu works a lot better if I see it pop up.

Do you mind posting your deck? I always assumed adding Knull would mean removing Zola

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Protip posted:

I decided to buy it as a season pass player who has been saving up gold. It was well worth the CL boost and it was a lot of fun upgrading card after card after card. Thanks to opening so many caches I also recieved the winter vacation varient of Patriot, Rogue, Rock Slide, and Abomination.

Even with the bundle that is insane luck. There's a 5% chance of opening one every 4 reserves.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Enchantress and Rogue need to cost 9 and have -100 power.

Signed: A Patriot player

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

Have there been any leaks about the next bundle? I just hit 6000 gold and all the extras are tempting, but I don't really use Sunspot

No. The ones we know about were datamined from the last patch, so until we get the January patch there will be no more info that SD don't give us.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

You can't see the Sunspot bundle until you're CL 500 or higher.

Edit: of, if you're over it just says SOLD, yeah.

That explains it. I'm only 341, and I don't think I'm gaining 160 more in 4 days.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Serperoth posted:

Enchantress and Rogue need to cost 9 and have -100 power.

Signed: A Patriot player

Counterpoint: gently caress the Ultron you rode in on :colbert:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

That explains it. I'm only 341, and I don't think I'm gaining 160 more in 4 days.

You could by spending a chunk of gold to buy credits and accelerate your CL growth. Of course, the bundle itself costs 6,000 gold, which you're unlikely to have unless you've already spent a fair bit.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

the_steve posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress the Ultron you rode in on :colbert:

Counter-counterpoint:

Doom does as he pleases (when I don't draw Ultron or if there's a Kamar-Taj around)

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

uXs posted:

Just got to lvl 90 for the first time on the back of my Galactus deck. gently caress yeah!

No Death or Knull, the highest power cards are Gamora and Magneto.

I lose slightly more than I win, but I concede quite a lot so I guess the cube loss is limited in games I would've lost anyway. (But I probably don't snap enough too.)

Yeah I don't have Knull but I do run Gamora in place of Knull in my Galactus deck and she helps a ton, but I still have to bail on a bunch of games where the opponent isn't backing down and and I have priority on T6.

2 times I lost to Galactus yesterday I bumped into a version that would like to run Green and Hob goblin in the same lane followed by a T6 Galactus [:doh:]

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Next bundle is $50 USD for 4000 credits + anime variants of Angela and Sera. It's not clear when/what the next bundle you can pay for with gold will be

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Big K of Justice posted:

Yeah I don't have Knull but I do run Gamora in place of Knull in my Galactus deck and she helps a ton, but I still have to bail on a bunch of games where the opponent isn't backing down and and I have priority on T6.

2 times I lost to Galactus yesterday I bumped into a version that would like to run Green and Hob goblin in the same lane followed by a T6 Galactus [:doh:]

Had a great game just now:

Turn 5 we both play Galactus in the same lane. After some mutual admiration of our variants (they had the Lifebringer, I have the darkest one), I played Shang Chi and Hulkbuster, because they had priority and I thought that surely someone with such an exquisite taste in Galactus variants would have Death or Knull in hand or something equally big.

Turns out they hadn't (or had rightly assumed I would just kill it), and played a bunch of small cards followed by Venom to turn everything in one big card which got +5 because the location was Atlantis. In the end I had just enough points to win by 1.

With some more mutual fistbumps we bade each other farewell and good luck on our travels.

edit, the game after:

Playing with Sinister London.

I've played Wolverine, Hulkbuster, and Green Goblin. Turn 5 I play Hobgoblin on Sinister London, gambling that they wouldn't want to fill their locations before turn 6. Joke's on me because they played Prof X, locking up 2 locations with them winning by 112 (Mojoworld) and 15 respectively. I emote Deathpool because my gamble didn't pay off.

The one open location has me 8 in front because of Negative Zone and the copied Hobgoblin.

They retreat.

uXs fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 29, 2022

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019
Was getting really tired of leech/Leader decks so grabbed a zoo/dracula deck and added in destroyer. Idea is to attempt to not fall behind at turn 5 and making sure either destroyer or infinaut is left in the hand for dracula.

If not up against leader you can normally play destroyer thanks to zero/cosmo/armor to swing one location and another with Dracula and infinaut.

In this game the opponent leeched my destroyer and infinaut but i kept them in hand so he only leader'd my Kazan in the final turn.

Rest of the deck is a few 1 drops with armor/cosmo for disruption and energy curve.

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Zero
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (6) Destroyer
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkljZW1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXN0cm95ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

You could by spending a chunk of gold to buy credits and accelerate your CL growth. Of course, the bundle itself costs 6,000 gold, which you're unlikely to have unless you've already spent a fair bit.

I already spent all of my gold on upgrades. How do you think I reached 340 since Friday night? ;)

I refuse to spend more than $10 a month on a game, and even that is a lot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Well, good news is the 10 dollar per month purchase in this game is the best one by a lot. Saving gold for bundles is long term optimal but who knows how long we'll all be interested in the "get dumped on by series 5" game.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
"Win 10 with a snap" is loving me up

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tom Smykowski posted:

I've noticed a lot of people making dumb snaps today. It's great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Do you mind posting your deck? I always assumed adding Knull would mean removing Zola

It's not perfect and can use a few tweaks, but it's been mostly working for me. Spend the first three turns charging things up, then turn 4 wave, 5 Knull, 6 Zola. When Zola destroys the initial Knull that still counts as "destroy", so the two copies will be double.
I need to figure out some more ways to buff him in those early turns and should probably drop Shang Chi, but it's a fun deck to mess with. Death works well with him too, I have another deck with both of them but this one is more fun to use.

Tom Smykowski posted:

Just start auto snapping turn 1, it counts if they retreat

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

stev posted:

Every for sure win I've had, I got into it and forgot to snap. So I'm the one making all the dumb snaps

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

stev posted:

It's me, I'm being dumb today. Lost way too much cubes when I should've been retreating.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

goferchan posted:

Even with the bundle that is insane luck. There's a 5% chance of opening one every 4 reserves.

Nah it's better than that. The listed odds would be 5% (of all reserves) but because of the every-4-reserves thing the cosmetic reserve actually has a 40% chance of a variant, 30% chance of a title, and 30% chance of a portrait, since it can't have anything other than one of those. The winter event makes that variant have a 50% chance of being a normal variant of a card you have, and a 50% chance of being a winter variant, so overall it's 1 in 5 cosmetic reserves that'll give you winter variants.

I popped the last $35 I needed for the Sunspot bundle and when I finished upgrading I'd gotten uh, two of the winter variants.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the fun thing with the 'win a game with a snap' quest is that it counts you winning games where your opponent snaps

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

parasyte posted:

Nah it's better than that. The listed odds would be 5% (of all reserves) but because of the every-4-reserves thing the cosmetic reserve actually has a 40% chance of a variant, 30% chance of a title, and 30% chance of a portrait, since it can't have anything other than one of those. The winter event makes that variant have a 50% chance of being a normal variant of a card you have, and a 50% chance of being a winter variant, so overall it's 1 in 5 cosmetic reserves that'll give you winter variants.

I popped the last $35 I needed for the Sunspot bundle and when I finished upgrading I'd gotten uh, two of the winter variants.

Ahhh ok I thought the cosmetic reserve was a 10% base chance for a variant with a 50% chance to be a winter one, that makes more sense

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Crummelhorn posted:

Next bundle is $50 USD for 4000 credits + anime variants of Angela and Sera. It's not clear when/what the next bundle you can pay for with gold will be

Ah, drat. Going to start seeing a lot more Sera and Sera counters when this drops.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tom Smykowski posted:

It awoke my aggression. Yesterday was so demoralizing (get Leader/Leech the gently caress out this game) that I stopped snapping and retreated when the opp snaps. I actually managed to climb today. Thinking weds might be a big stream day or something for beta players. Feel like every rough day for me has been wednesday

flatluigi posted:

the fun thing with the 'win a game with a snap' quest is that it counts you winning games where your opponent snaps

My special. (I play scared :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Morag by itself is fine but there are so many locations that when it appears with that the game becomes a single lane game at best.