Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Drax meta is here…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
eh it's something to leader

galactus on the other hand doesn't seem like it'll change a thing

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

wyoak posted:

there's more in that leak including this gem:

Eh, on the face of it they just add some RNG. If it still averages out at 400, who cares?

wyoak posted:

If you don't want priority, it's actually a buff.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

uXs posted:

Eh, on the face of it they just add some RNG. If it still averages out at 400, who cares?
more that it's meaningless, why bother

uXs posted:

If you don't want priority, it's actually a buff.
hah you're right

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 4, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

wyoak posted:

more that it's meaningless, why bother

Probably something psychological about it feeling better when both the lows and highs are higher, even though the average stays the same.

It's a mobile game, it's supposed to be a manipulative piece of poo poo after all.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

wyoak posted:

Prof X is now an auto win

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Uncertainty of unlock rates leads to higher retention and return plays.

wyoak posted:

Opposite take here. Galactus will lose to more options. Leader not touched at all :getin:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ummm leader is in my token shop this morning. Should I still buy him if that nerf is accurate?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Ummm leader is in my token shop this morning. Should I still buy him if that nerf is accurate?

Leader still good fam

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sandwolf posted:

Yes

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
That Leader nerf isn’t poo poo. If you played Leader for his body, you already lost. He could be a 6/0 and would be effective.

Leader wins by being ahead on board going into turn 6. If you aren’t ahead, he’s a gamble, and sure the power nerf might hurt you.

I’ve got him pinned, and this does not dissuade me from purchasing him.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
lol Savage Land & Central park vs a destroy deck, this'll be good

oh he dropped a killmonger, we're all clear now

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Leader can win if you’re playing against a deck that wants uncomplicated Big Bois and you’re ahead in one lane and ahead or only down by 3 in another. That margin gets a little smaller, and there’s lots of synergy decks out there (Patriot etc) that it loses to on Turn 6, but it’s Still Good especially if you got Leech down on T5.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Someone brought it up earlier but it would be nice if retreat later was replaced with some kind of agreement to play out the match and not lose your rear end. I appreciate the turn 6 snappers for me to post e attention and retreat if it makes sense but sometimes their big 4D chess move is America Chavez and they reveal first

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If this is real I'm gonna start running Leader in my Mr Negative deck lol

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

goferchan posted:

I never noticed myself playing against a significant number of bots but since the new season and rank reset they are undisputedly like over 50% of my games (with the dead giveaways like "impossible" card cosmetic upgrades) -- and these aren't the Deep Blue genius cheater bots either, they're full-on stupid ones that basically play like they're being controlled by Agatha. Not complaining because I am rocketing up the ranks, but it's weird, I didn't have this happen at all with the last couple rank resets.

I think they run a lot of bots at the beginning of the season to inject some cubes into the game and get people moving on the ladder, I noticed it last season where the first few days I was seeing bots every other game and then rarely saw any by the end of the season

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Leader is good because he can flip a lane with his 4 power, so he's good even when you're behind, or if you're ahead you can flip a 3rd lane and win even against an anti-parity play. He's still good but 3 power leader should be a bit less of an auto include.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

Prof X is now an auto win

Except if you had Nova, or Wolverine with priority, but yes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

buffalo all day posted:

The Drax meta is here…

I've been running him since Zabu came out, he's not too bad with the Spider-Man/Absorbing Man package. Although I suppose this is technically a nerf combined with the latter

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
why did I just now think of putting zabu in the negative surfer deck. He makes wong/negative cost 2 and can be a great decoy to eat the rogue/enchantress so you can safely play wong->mystique->surfer elsewhere

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i wouldn't make too many decisions based on those notes b/c if i was on the dev team and knew the patch was delayed a week anyway i'd definitely be looking at all the public responses to the leaked changes to possibly tweak them further

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Tekopo posted:

The only part that I don't really like is Hob: he can be good but he's unreliable and I don't have DD to make him reliable. Any suggestions for a replacement? Maybe just America Chavez to draw better?

Someone else already showed a deck with it but I second the recommendation of Spider-Woman; +7 to your side & potentially -4 to theirs is pretty big, particularly if you're jamming up their side with 0-power rocks.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

flatluigi posted:

i wouldn't make too many decisions based on those notes b/c if i was on the dev team and knew the patch was delayed a week anyway i'd definitely be looking at all the public responses to the leaked changes to possibly tweak them further

Great call, thank you, flatluigi.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

After using him for a bit I think Zabu is more well balanced than he seems. When it comes together you can do some pretty disgusting stuff, but if it doesn't all come together you're left pretty weak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bought Leader, expect him to be nerfed into the ground next week now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leader players are bad and you should feel bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

I will fight you (in battle mode)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

I'm a Leader player and I feel great.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Finally got enough tokens to buy brood now time to play some surfer decks! :haw:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Can someone explain to me how this happened?

My opponent played a 1 cost Vibranium on Crimson Cosmos. Shouldn't be possible. It didn't start off as Westview, either, it was Crimson Cosmos from turn 1. Opponent played that on turn 4.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Can someone explain to me how this happened?

My opponent played a 1 cost Vibranium on Crimson Cosmos. Shouldn't be possible. It didn't start off as Westview, either, it was Crimson Cosmos from turn 1. Opponent played that on turn 4.

Quinjet made the Vibranium, which did not start in their deck, cost 0. So, it bypassed Crimson Cosmos's restriction.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I believe Quinjet made it cost 0, which is not 1, 2, or 3

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Quackles posted:

Quinjet made the Vibranium, which did not start in their deck, cost 0. So, it bypassed Crimson Cosmos's restriction.

Zodack posted:

I believe Quinjet made it cost 0, which is not 1, 2, or 3
Oh right.

I still get mixed up on the "1-cost card" vs "card that costs 1" terminology. I don't know what they could do to fix that, it just seems like really sloppy mechanics/terminology...like, it is ever explained anywhere is some official Snap document in-game that those mean different things, or is it just a "gotta play a bunch to figure that out"?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 4, 2023

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the entire game needs a pass to disambiguate wording and make it clearer overall

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh right.

I still get mixed up on the "1-cost card" vs "card that costs 1" terminology. I don't know what they could do to fix that, it just seems like really sloppy mechanics/terminology...like, it is ever explained anywhere is some official Snap document in-game that those mean different things, or is it just a "gotta play a bunch to figure that out"?

yeah this is a weird one, it seems very inconsistent on this terminology in particular

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Assuming the leaks are real, those changes look par for the course which is good I think. I like how they just turn the power dial for most nerf/buffs and only a bit.

Also find the Galactus commentary interesting, because it makes me think the best Galactus decks might have been the play him turn 6 ones all along. I've tried every flavor and variation of Galactus ramp, and there is no way its a high cube earner. Consistent climber yes, but slow as gently caress.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Sandwolf posted:

Bought Leader, expect him to be nerfed into the ground next week now

I just unboxed him today. When should I start considering buying cards that I don't have? I'm only 646 collection level.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
by the time you get enough collector's tokens to start buying things you'll have a lot better of a grasp of what cards you'd need

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

flatluigi posted:

by the time you get enough collector's tokens to start buying things you'll have a lot better of a grasp of what cards you'd need

I got 3000 when I hit...500? or something like that? which is enough for 3x Series 3 cards, which, imo, is where you should be focusing at first. I bought Doctor Doom, Patriot, and now Leader, all pretty reasonably good cards, so I'm content with that. Would have also taken Mystique, Sera, and maybe Wong.

I'm also currently stopped at CL590 though, so, I might have slightly different goals atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh right.

If they did that, they'd have to explain Prof X's "... etc. " and they live in fear of that decision