Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Did they burn their boats because they're all in for Donalds? Or Jordan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

StumblyWumbly posted:

Did they burn their boats because they're all in for Donalds? Or Jordan?

They burned them just to watch them burn.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Who hasn't set fire to a boat they were still on? I know I have!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

You can't burn boats they live in water

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

cr0y posted:

You can't burn boats they live in water

- matt gatez probably

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1610770285111672835

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
We will fight them on the beaches, and on the landing grounds and on the hills, unless they give us terms, then maybe we won't fight them.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

These assholes are using our tactics against us. This can not stand.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

We will never surrender, now tell us exactly what you want and you'll get it, and let that be a lesson to you.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So which of the 20 is fat man, and which is little boy?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Who hasn't set fire to a boat they were still on? I know I have!

It's like the scorpion and the frog but the frog is also a scorpion.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

so is 8:00 gonna be funny or should I watch Netflix?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I can't believe he actually said "we might surrender if you tell us the terms", I figured that was a bit of editorializing

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

cr0y posted:

So what's going to be different at 8:00

The Democrats will have had a nice dinner during the intermission.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
No vote tonight; talks are progressing

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1610798200310624256?cxt=HHwWgMDT5bib2tosAAAA

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

coelomate posted:

so is 8:00 gonna be funny or should I watch Netflix?

The humiliation of Kevin McCarthy by the predator Matt Gaetz is always funny.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

The thing is its funnier and entirely possible that they do means Arthas because (a) Enough Republicans are youngold enough and gamers for that to be their point of reference and (b) Republicans frequently love to self-identity themselves with the worst villains of popular media

US History 101 Professor in 2050: you see, changing candidates to creep towards an acceptable compromise was a bit like Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos's famous tower rush strategy....

lmao mccarthy is dead

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"The House Majority has developed not necessarily to our advantage "

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

This may be the outcome of those talks: Club for Growth is switching to support. It appears to be in exchange for them being able to effectively spend without competition in a bunch of primaries, giving them a lot of control versus the Congressional Leadership Fund. That said, it's unlikely these are the only terms involved, and idk how deep CfG reaches into the nutjob part of the party.
https://www.clubforgrowth.org/clf-club-for-growth-come-to-key-agreement-in-support-of-kevin-mccarthy-for-speaker/

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1610799691322605573

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Booooooooooooo

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1610802891547090944
Do it Dems

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

So is this one going to be an actual vote or just another thing where one side can conveniently be ignored even though they were audibly louder?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Youremother posted:

So is this one going to be an actual vote or just another thing where one side can conveniently be ignored even though they were audibly louder?

they're voting now

R: 144 Y / 1 N
D: 0 Y / 169 D

Still time on the clock and lots not voted

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It’s an actual yeas / nays vote, they are voting right now. Only one republican voted nay so far though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

smackfu posted:

It’s an actual yeas / nays vote, they are voting right now. Only one republican voted nay so far though.

Whoever it was flipped to Yes now. No breakaways from the Republicans so far, so it looks like they'll pull off adjournment,

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Whoever it was flipped to Yes now. No breakaways from the Republicans so far, so it looks like they'll pull off adjournment,

Nay is back

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Being as this vote is run by the clerks, and not either side, it may actually close on time. It may be defeated. I don't have a lot of hope, but there is a little.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I appreciate the 53 people waiting ten minutes to vote.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Discendo Vox posted:

This may be the outcome of those talks: Club for Growth is switching to support. It appears to be in exchange for them being able to effectively spend without competition in a bunch of primaries, giving them a lot of control versus the Congressional Leadership Fund. That said, it's unlikely these are the only terms involved, and idk how deep CfG reaches into the nutjob part of the party.
https://www.clubforgrowth.org/clf-club-for-growth-come-to-key-agreement-in-support-of-kevin-mccarthy-for-speaker/

It absolutely owns that after the GOP had a bad election cycle due to them nominating too many insanely bad far right candidates, the result is the far right winning concessions to make it even harder to stop them from getting nominated

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Will come down to the last seconds, the 24 "not yet voted" Rs are probably the comedy caucus and a few folks stuck in traffic

1:15 remaining and 197 Y 206 N

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1610805223706042369?t=6UvkdeYbNI9ZlsaXFag_-Q&s=19

I mean, Costas is basically saying here that the Republicans are banking on a couple of Democrats voting present or not showing up because Gaetz + Boebert and any 3 others are enough to keep him from winning

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Down to 19 not-yet-votted and 19 NV on the R sides, let's GOOOOOOO VOTARAMA

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
At this point, I'm not actually certain Kevin can gently caress himself.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Time out, 204 Yes and 209 No -- not sure if final tabulations can change after time

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Between McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, Biggs, and Donalds who would the house Dems "prefer"? I mean I know they are all terrible but the least terrible from the Dem perspective is probably McCarthy right?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Republican "not yet voted" votes are now shofting to "no" votes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
stop the steal

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Yays pull ahead, everyone gets to go to bed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU