Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

bagged salads are always poor quality and a ripoff yo

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FCKGW posted:

Costco doesn’t resell any open box merchandise, it all goes to the landfill (or maybe eBay resellers but def not a bed frame)

I don't know, but I worked for a nonprofit and we would get stuff donated by Costco like TVs that were perfectly fine aside from some very minor cosmetic damage, and things like that. At least around here I'm not sure everything is landfill-bound.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hutla posted:

They’re having to accept lower quality standards because the Californian broccoli pull for December was hit hard by pesticide resistant worms. Those mixes get lower quality than just florets. It effected everyone, but Taylor Farms has such a big share of the bagged market that they don’t have to worry much about a hit to their reputation.

What are you, some kind of bagged salad expert

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think that's just like on the TV news in California

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Soul Dentist posted:

Gathering that you don't live in a redemption state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5xonFSC4c

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Gettin ready to make the pro level return.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

StormDrain posted:

Hahahahah

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

StormDrain posted:

Get a flat for your balls.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

StormDrain posted:

ROFL

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My friend on FB posted a few days ago about buying a bunch of crab lags from Costco and when she opened them they were blackish inside. Yikes.

Her husband's boyfriend must have been very disappointed

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My friend on FB posted a few days ago about buying a bunch of crab lags from Costco and when she opened them they were blackish inside. Yikes.

Saw that happen at a gimmicky seafood restaurant in Vancouver for my niece's graduation celebration. I thankfully ordered something else, but someone pulled a lobster tail from their shared bucket, cracked it open and it was kind of a black paste inside. Exceedingly gross. I guess that's what they look like when they rot.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

costco crab wouldn't do that

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

That’s what happens when you wait two years for a return. Good news is Costco will take it.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

bird with big dick posted:

costco crab wouldn't do that

Crab lags maybe

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Propaganda Hour posted:

Crab lags maybe
100% Real Crub Lags!

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

Lmao

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What are you, some kind of bagged salad expert

LOL, I work at a wholesale produce broker where my boss specializes in broccoli. It hit $30/case near Christmas and it's usually $7-9, so those worms were a major topic of conversation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hutla posted:

LOL, I work at a wholesale produce broker where my boss specializes in broccoli. It hit $30/case near Christmas and it's usually $7-9, so those worms were a major topic of conversation.

is this why i cant find any fuckin broccolini?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm not a big bagged salad person but the dill pickle salad from costco was pretty good.

Also for murphy bed return man just sleep with your head on the opposite side. You've already decided to be a murphy bed owner what difference does it make?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Recognizing that liquor laws are state to state and typically bonkers, even before getting into however Costco picks what to sell: if a Costco in one state is selling a booze I like a lot for pretty good price, is there a good way to ask my local Costco to sell that booze? Or really anything - I know that Costcos will carry more local selections (e.g. beers from local breweries) but how unlikely is it that they could be convinced to sell another store's local stuff, particularly if it isn't perishable?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Put it on a comment card, it's probably not gonna happen

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zachack posted:

Recognizing that liquor laws are state to state and typically bonkers, even before getting into however Costco picks what to sell: if a Costco in one state is selling a booze I like a lot for pretty good price, is there a good way to ask my local Costco to sell that booze? Or really anything - I know that Costcos will carry more local selections (e.g. beers from local breweries) but how unlikely is it that they could be convinced to sell another store's local stuff, particularly if it isn't perishable?

sounds like its time for some bottleggin'!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

If you don't like Costco beer just return it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Wrong thread!

SirPablo fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 6, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Still wrong

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
maybe its just me, but theres usually a pretty good chance ill run into the alcohol guy at my local 'co. i usually see him stocking and facing the shelves, but he's also their buyer. ive asked before about getting back items that they used to carry, and it sounds like they don't have much power over that, but if it's still available in the system they might be able to help you

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hutla posted:

Does he have any cauliflower specialization as well? Can he tell me why every loving cauliflower lately has black spots like these?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Zero VGS posted:

Does he have any cauliflower specialization as well? Can he tell me why every loving cauliflower lately has black spots like these?

They're old and starting to oxidize. You can still eat it, it's not rotten or anything. Or just cut those bits off.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm kinda confused by this, what cans and bottles are you returning? Can return machines?

I get 10 cents for every one of those fuckers I bring back!!!!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
It’s called pin rot, it looks gross and is an inspection fault but just scrape it a little with your fingernail and it’ll come off. Cauliflower is made up of bunches of tiny flower buds and those are just the oldest ones buds shriveling up like any cut flower.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Guess I lucked out buying a giant bag of frozen broccoli before all this poo poo went down. I did not buy it at Costco though

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’ve only rarely had issues with the bagged Sweet Kale Salad I get from the ‘co. Typically I just double check the expire date and a once over the contents before it goes in the cart.

Helped me meet my calorie goals and lose 100 pounds in a year and a half so I have no complaints!

But that once over and checking the expire date are critical. My local store has a tendency to leave out bagged salad until the expiration date. Which they absolutely have the right to do but I’m not finishing 8 servings of salad in a day.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hutla posted:

It’s called pin rot, it looks gross and is an inspection fault but just scrape it a little with your fingernail and it’ll come off. Cauliflower is made up of bunches of tiny flower buds and those are just the oldest ones buds shriveling up like any cut flower.

cool

I mean it's not going to change anything for me, where cauliflower exists so I look like a responsible adult and it hangs out in my fridge for a few weeks until I throw it out and buy a new one, while I shove my face with cheese and carbs.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I get 10 cents for every one of those fuckers I bring back!!!!

Jesus, I'm jealous now. We pay $10/mo extra with our garbage service for recycling pickup. There are a few local dairies that sell milk in glass bottles, and those you can return for a deposit, but that's about it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

my wife is enormously mad this morning after we learned Costco is shutting down their photo service and just giving out a crappy discount to Shutterfly instead

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

Jesus, I'm jealous now. We pay $10/mo extra with our garbage service for recycling pickup. There are a few local dairies that sell milk in glass bottles, and those you can return for a deposit, but that's about it.

We pay the 10cent deposit upfront, so like a $10 30 pack is actually $13. Totally okay with it because I will tell ya, a majority of cans and bottles get returned

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It a thing, you'll see people down on their luck going through trash cans and pushing shopping carts full of empty bottles, with bags of empty cans tied to the sides. It's depressing really, that you'll see people forced to make a living off of bottle returns.

In NYC the deposit is 5 cents, but there was a distributor near where I lived that gave you 7 for some reason. They didn't have machines either so you'd roll up with your bottles and cans, they'd count by hand and give you cash.

It doesn't really happen at Costco but the concentrated smell of stale, old beer in the bottle return rooms at most supermarkets was enough to make me stay away and not bother returning my bottles. Now that I can use the Costco machines, eh, it's not worth the extra effort for a few bucks, and I'm extremely lazy.

Tatsuta Age posted:

my wife is enormously mad this morning after we learned Costco is shutting down their photo service and just giving out a crappy discount to Shutterfly instead

What in the actual gently caress? How am I supposed to get my dirt cheap Christmas cards now?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ManifunkDestiny posted:

We have a family tradition of spending our New Year’s Eve eating snacks/finger foods/appetizers while playing games. Spanikopita, chips and dip,veggie platters, things like that. What are some of your favorite frozen apps/finger foods from church, ideally with some meat/protein in them?

Its vegan but the Sukhi's brand samosas (pea and potato) are loving amazing in the air fryer. The cilanto sauce not so much, just get a bottle of tamarind or something to make that dip or buy a bottle of this stuff somewhere.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

How much does 24 eggs cost at church?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Renegret posted:

What in the actual gently caress? How am I supposed to get my dirt cheap Christmas cards now?

yuuuup we just checked the price compared to what we sent this year via shutterfly with 51% off; it will be about 2.5x as expensive, and thats without the preprinted envelopes included. really bummed about this one