Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

How much does 24 eggs cost at church?

It varies a lot right now but I bought some yesterday in MN for 6.49.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Shutter fly frequently gives out coupons, maybe it's possible to combine them with your membership discount.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Bahhh
I'm going to need a new photo centre - anyone in Canada have any suggestions for online photo printing?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

$5.99 in Kentucky this week

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:negative: - me remembering when a dozen large eggs were $2

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

my wife is enormously mad this morning after we learned Costco is shutting down their photo service and just giving out a crappy discount to Shutterfly instead

Huh. They closed ours down a couple years ago and I assumed it was nation-wide.

I guess be glad you had it for as long as you did!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Weembles posted:

Huh. They closed ours down a couple years ago and I assumed it was nation-wide.

I guess be glad you had it for as long as you did!

The in-store kiosks got shut down but it looks like the online photo center's getting axed too.

51% shutterfly discount my rear end. Shutterfly is overpriced as hell and they always have a bunch of promos and poo poo flying around that 50% off isn't even that special.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
And now I'm never going to get that amazing Costco Hotdog Christmas card.

2023 is the worst year ever and it just started.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bagmonkey posted:

We pay the 10cent deposit upfront, so like a $10 30 pack is actually $13. Totally okay with it because I will tell ya, a majority of cans and bottles get returned
When I walk my doggy I have a loot bag that I collect drops with as I like to call them.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 6, 2023

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

When I walk my doggy I have a loot bag that I collect drops with as I like to call them.

Disco Elysium has taught us well

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Zero VGS posted:

Does he have any cauliflower specialization as well? Can he tell me why every loving cauliflower lately has black spots like these?

If you don't post what happens when you try to return your 3 year old bed frame I will be furious.

Unless you were successfully shamed by goons into not doing it, in which case lol and aww

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Relevant Tangent posted:

No eggs at all in Salem OR Costco last week.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nations Photo Lab seems to be the dorkroom consensus pick and I've been very happy with what I've gotten from them so far

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Ineffiable posted:

Shutter fly frequently gives out coupons, maybe it's possible to combine them with your membership discount.

My wife had the hookup from a PTA friend who worked as a software engineer at Shutterfly a couple years ago, and even then it was expensive.

Apparently our Christmas cards this year were from some other service though and when I asked how much, she said “You don’t want to know,” so maybe it’s a universally terrible racket.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Renegret posted:

And now I'm never going to get that amazing Costco Hotdog Christmas card.

2023 is the worst year ever and it just started.

I forgot to post this earlier but the Holiday Hot Dog card is definitely the best card *I've* ever sent out.

"Sending our love, best wishes, and hot dog flavored kisses"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
When we picked our cards we very nearly got those. I wanted to hide my Costco love a little more than that and didn't go for them, now I feel a bit of regret if they're gone forever!!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I got them this year. Comments from everyone who got em! RIP hotdog cards

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Keep the faith.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Going back a page or two but thanks for the goon recommendation on structural screws instead of lag bolts for a monitor mount. Had to move one in my home office. I replaced the lovely stripped lag bolts with two 3" structural screws I got from HD for $2. Made it a whole hell of a lot easier to install.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

Slotducks posted:

Bahhh
I'm going to need a new photo centre - anyone in Canada have any suggestions for online photo printing?

Try London drugs if you have one nearby.. not sure how economical they are but they were quick and easy for when I needed some photos printed

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Blue Moonlight posted:

My wife had the hookup from a PTA friend who worked as a software engineer at Shutterfly a couple years ago, and even then it was expensive.

Apparently our Christmas cards this year were from some other service though and when I asked how much, she said “You don’t want to know,” so maybe it’s a universally terrible racket.

Yeah, huge racket. Shutterfly also used to cancel your order if you dared to upload a Christmas card layout as a "photo" instead of an identical-but-more-expensive "photo greeting card," and that kinda set the tone for the rest of the direct-to-consumer industry.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Local printing businesses are a better option.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Local printing businesses are a better option.

Well the topic came up because the poster's Costco stopped doing that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just carry a printer to your wife's house and print your cards bing bong

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Soul Dentist posted:

Just carry a printer to your wife's house and print your cards bing bong

And possibly see her panties on the bed? My heavens!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

edit: removed

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Chinatown posted:

:negative: - me remembering when a dozen large eggs were $2

Bidenflation much?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
The almond danishes are quite divine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/1066i5p/aita_for_walking_away_from_my_wife_and_kids_at/

quote:

AITA for walking away from my wife and kids at Costco?

quote:

So today I, wife and the kids went to Costco for some shopping. While we were strolling through the aisles, we got to the refrigerator section and my wife picked a pack of yogurt drinks. My lil one(almost 2) saw the yogurt drinks and raised her hand as in asking for some. To which my wife said that she was going to take one out and give to her. My son(4) saw this and asked for one too, which my wife proceeded to do

The second I saw her do this, I told her to stop and not give them the drinks as we hadn't paid for them. She said no it was okay as we were going to pay for them anyway, and I replied that if she does it, I am gonna leave her with the kids there as it was really embarassing in case someone called us out. She didn't listen to me and did what she said she would. So, I walked away from her leaving her with the kids and started looking at other things. Moments later, she called me saying that I should go back as the kids had finished their drinks. I was mad but I know how my kids are so I ended up going back. When I went back, we apologised to each other and kept going with our day

Now we are home and she's acting rude to me and just told me that she thinks I don't care about her at all and I treat her like crap, all on the base of what happened earlier

So, AITA for doing what I did, even though I gave her a fair warning?

Couple reasons why I think I was right in doing what I did:

AFAIK It's illegal to open merchandise without paying for it even though you're still at the store. It's also trashy and embarassing to do that if people notice you do it

My kids are not easy going as in, they don't take no easily. But I have been pretty good at teaching them their limits, giving them stuff this easily only makes their problem worse. However, my kids do understand that you can't open anything in the store until you're back at home or in our car. I don't want them to think it's normal to just open/use store merchandise

P.S. please excuse my language errors as English is my second language

TIA

lmao

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

nom epique posted:

Bidenflation much?

Shan't speculate

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I never eat food at grocery store, but I was so jealous of an entire family all eating Haagen-daz bars while shopping at the church. I think some of the kids got at least two. They all looked so happy.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I was always anti-eating in the grocery store but now that I have a toddler I get it. It’s not worth dealing with a meltdown if they want to eat the overnight oats pouch or whatever while riding in the cart.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nom epique posted:

Bidenflation much?

fail!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
need dat

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This is the unicorn that managed to put a bunch of bumper stickers on their car and come out looking awesome

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

I like every sticker below the window. Impressive feat, rarely seen.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ror posted:

If you don't post what happens when you try to return your 3 year old bed frame I will be furious.

Unless you were successfully shamed by goons into not doing it, in which case lol and aww

Slammed my van into the fire lane at 5:55pm on a Sunday, Ace Ventura style, didn't mean to show up 5 minutes before closing but traffic was stupid. Rolled into the returns counter with 3 carts to hold everything and avoid scratches. Cheery Haitian lady asked for my order number which pulled up from my email; she nor I mentioned the original purchase date and I'm not sure she ever even noticed it. I said "didn't like it" and that was enough for her, not so much as a raised eyebrow from anyone.

$2124.99 back on my Visa:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Guess we can close the thread cause I believe it’s reached peak Costco at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well at least it wasn't a dead christmas tree being returned a week or two after christmas. As we've seen.