Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Jedit posted:

That's slightly different. Your opponent didn't play the Red Skull, so Zero didn't neutralise it. If there had been another turn the first card he played would have Zeroed.

Does this depend on priority?

Let's say player A finishes his turn 5 by playing Zero, and next turn plays Red Skull.

Player B plays Leader on 6.

If A has priority, his Red Skull goes first, and gets Zero'd. B's leader copies the Zero'd Skull.

If B has priority, his Leader goes first, copies the Red Skull (which isn't Zero'd yet). Then A goes, playing the Red Skull, which gets Zero'd.

Is this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

No Wave posted:

Also mystique's text is wrong.

What's wrong about it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DrBouvenstein posted:

What's wrong about it?
She loses her on-reveal when she gains an ongoing. It's why she wont gain wong's ability twice.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 10, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

uXs posted:

Does this depend on priority?

Let's say player A finishes his turn 5 by playing Zero, and next turn plays Red Skull.

Player B plays Leader on 6.

If A has priority, his Red Skull goes first, and gets Zero'd. B's leader copies the Zero'd Skull.

If B has priority, his Leader goes first, copies the Red Skull (which isn't Zero'd yet). Then A goes, playing the Red Skull, which gets Zero'd.

Is this right?

Yes.

Patch is live, BTW. Bundle is poo poo, Pro Bundle is very poo poo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

LOL that pro bundle. I'm dying. The zero effort bundle and it's going to live in my shop forever. Shouldnt they at least throw in a few mystery variants?

The math on it is that it's 25% better ROI than just buying credits with gold.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I wouldn't even consider spending $100 unless it had tokens.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't think any of these nerfs are out of line but I can't believe they're not giving people currency for nerfed cards like Hearthstone did. You could drop months of tokens or a $50 bundle on a card and see it get nerfed with nothing to show for it. It's so cheap and petty.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The art credits are nice, but a large part of the 3D art seems to cover over the credits, at least partially.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

I don't think any of these nerfs are out of line but I can't believe they're not giving people currency for nerfed cards like Hearthstone did. You could drop months of tokens or a $50 bundle on a card and see it get nerfed with nothing to show for it. It's so cheap and petty.
I dont care I would prefer this so they dont avoid nerfing stuff for financial reasons. These nerfs are baby stuff in any case.

Enjoying my new card NAKIA.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skippy McPants posted:

To be fair, I am willing to believe Ben Brode is that credulous.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I wouldn't even spend 100 bucks on a brand new triple a game what the hell.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So close to finishing series 3, only Hela, Falcon, and Baron Mordo to unlock. I've been edging for Hela for 1000 CL now.

Edit:

Push El Burrito posted:

I wouldn't even spend 100 bucks on a brand new triple a game what the hell.

Welcome to Gacha games!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No Wave posted:

I dont care I would prefer this so they dont avoid nerfing stuff for financial reasons. These nerfs are baby stuff in any case.

Enjoying my new card NAKIA.

That's fair. Going to try Leader in my Negative deck, feels like it could be feast or famine but could be fun.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Nakia buffing brood is exciting, gonna try swapping her in for wolfsbane in my surfer deck.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Do I have this math right? You get a Collector's Reserve every 12 collection levels. While you are still opening series 3, you get exactly one new card every 4 reserves or 48 levels. This $100 bundle gets you 250 collection levels which means you are spending $100 for 5 cards. (It'll be slightly better than that since a bunch of collector reserves have credits and you get 50 credits every 12 levels so it means you get a bit more than 250 collection levels.)

That's terrible.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes. It's $100 for two and a half weeks of progression. The dollar -> progression rate in this game is unprecedently bad, but that's kind of a good thing if you're not spending. The bad thing is all the players who started five months before everyone and give advice online like "ranking up is just about snapping and retreatong".

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's remarkable that they made such a good core game and wrapped it up in such a terrible structure

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Tender Bender posted:

It's remarkable that they made such a good core game and wrapped it up in such a terrible structure

Welcome to the wonderful world of mobile gaming.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
As someone who just hit 590 yesterday reading all the advice about "fill up to the 10,000 credit max before upgrading further, it only takes 2-6 months," the Pro Bundle giving you way over that all at once is a really clever attack by the creators to snag my money. Thankfully they drastically overpriced it, if it was $50 and if I hadn't spent so drat much over the holidays I might have actually fallen for it

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ The advice now is probably "park at 599 until you have 9975 credits, then buy the Pro Bundle". This will get you all the way up to Reserves, obtaining you close to half of Series 3 and letting you begin to earn tokens, but still.

doingitwrong posted:

Do I have this math right? You get a Collector's Reserve every 12 collection levels. While you are still opening series 3, you get exactly one new card every 4 reserves or 48 levels. This $100 bundle gets you 250 collection levels which means you are spending $100 for 5 cards. (It'll be slightly better than that since a bunch of collector reserves have credits and you get 50 credits every 12 levels so it means you get a bit more than 250 collection levels.)

You get quite a lot more Reserves, actually, as between track rewards and currency boxes you're guaranteed at least 450 credits (or equivalent) per set of four. If you spend all your 12.5k credits on 250CLs you'll collect anywhere from 2250 to 3000 more by the end, which will in turn get you 5 or 6 more boxes, which will then again probably get you one more. So overall you should expect to get seven cards if you buy this bundle, even if you upgrade no commons.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 10, 2023

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Id like to fit in Nakia but man does she seem bad if you draw her late

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also I bought that cool rear end Vincent Price Strange variant and I play him in zero decks. Might shoehorn him into surfer!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I've been having fun with this Patriot / Zoo deck. I don't have Brood or Debrii for a Surfer deck nor do I have Doom. I do love when people drop Leader and they get an Ultron

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXNwIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLYVphciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVWx0cm9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I just ran into a movement surfer deck and it was very unserious so nvm

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Yes. It's $100 for two and a half weeks of progression. The dollar -> progression rate in this game is unprecedently bad, but that's kind of a good thing if you're not spending. The bad thing is all the players who started five months before everyone and give advice online like "ranking up is just about snapping and retreatong".

That is legitimately good advice. If your deck is at all reasonable, the cube gains from improving your play are going to be bigger than the % edge between piloting what you've got and piloting the best deck. By the time someone is among the best players in the game, it does indeed suck to lack pieces to optimize further without waiting ages or dropping lots of cash, but those top players are already past the point of being able to reach Infinite with basic pool 2 brews, so what's ranking up for at that point?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Jedit posted:

overall you should expect to get seven cards if you buy this bundle, even if you upgrade no commons.

That's $100 for 9% of the Series 3 collection.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nobody high CL can reach infinite with pool 2 lol. It's 2023. Theres a streamer who spent hours and hours to go from 70 -> 73.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The skill ceiling of this game is pretty low and it's easy to develop the necessary heuristics to pilot any of the decks and know when you have a winning play or 50/50, etc. A big part of this is the extra layer of RNG the locations introduce along with the short game length, which makes the impact of all the RNG greater (card draws, card effects, and locations). Add to that the meta-RNG of card unlocks and you're likely to run into frustrations from not being able to build the deck you want around the same time you hit that low skill ceiling you'd need to hit Infinite or whatever.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Can anyone confirm if the winter event is still going? The one dropping the winter break variants from collector's caches.

Edit: is the patch not live? Black Cat is 3/6 in the token shop.

Edit2: just have to update in app store

kaschei fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 10, 2023

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The Pro Bundle not having an expiration timer is the only thing that annoys me about it. It's going to be there forever. The Primal Masterpiece bundle variants are pretty nice looking, but I'll save my gold for a bundle with tokens. Maybe with the patch we'll see some data mining about upcoming bundles.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Nobody high CL can reach infinite with pool 2 lol. It's 2023. Theres a streamer who spent hours and hours to go from 70 -> 73.

Well, one streamer made only marginal progress, so I guess it's impossible!

I'm not a dumbass Polyanna who thinks having access to more cards doesn't improve your deck quality and outcomes. But I think it is equally misguided to represent a few specific powerful cards as being overwhelmingly superior to everything else you can do in the game. For the vast majority of the people braying on Reddit about how they can't possibly get infinite without P2W card X, they would gain more cubes by tightening up their gameplay.

Bottom Liner posted:

The skill ceiling of this game is pretty low and it's easy to develop the necessary heuristics to pilot any of the decks and know when you have a winning play or 50/50, etc. A big part of this is the extra layer of RNG the locations introduce along with the short game length, which makes the impact of all the RNG greater (card draws, card effects, and locations). Add to that the meta-RNG of card unlocks and you're likely to run into frustrations from not being able to build the deck you want around the same time you hit that low skill ceiling you'd need to hit Infinite or whatever.

The skill ceiling of this game isn't high but it's not low either. It's simple to pilot most decks at a competent level, and for most matches that's good enough. But a lot of cube edge comes from skill at assessing on the earliest possible turn who's favored. I think a lot of players assume they've mastered their deck after ten games and stop thinking about whether they could have snapped a turn earlier or read the opponent's possible line better.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vanilla Bison posted:

Well, one streamer made only marginal progress, so I guess it's impossible!

I'm not a dumbass Polyanna who thinks having access to more cards doesn't improve your deck quality and outcomes. But I think it is equally misguided to represent a few specific powerful cards as being overwhelmingly superior to everything else you can do in the game. For the vast majority of the people braying on Reddit about how they can't possibly get infinite without P2W card X, they would gain more cubes by tightening up their gameplay.
Opponent snaps on T2. On my epic pool 2 to infinite climb do I just concede because Zabu Darkhawk is broken? Outskilled either way I suppose.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I keep winning with 38 or 39 power or losing with 50+ and I'm going to break down and cry.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've been having fun with this Patriot / Zoo deck. I don't have Brood or Debrii for a Surfer deck nor do I have Doom. I do love when people drop Leader and they get an Ultron

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron
#

I was planning on trying something similar to this should I ever get Patriot

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Pool 2 Kazoo could theoretically make it to infinite with the CL in the 2000s, but it would be eeking out such slim margins to take an insane number of games and time. It also simply can't win against most of the Pool 3 meta decks unless they whiff, so you'd need a hell of a streak to push progression upward.

Another issue is bringing in new players. If my friends are interested in playing, and they get around to introducing challenging friends, it will take them months or a frankly bugfuck amount of money to catchup to where I am now, much less where I will be in the intervening time.

Also, I'm pretty sure they're slow-rolling friend challenging because it will help lay bare how stratified the meta is. Right now there's definitely some behind-the-scenes matchmaking fuckery going on.

The core game is solid, and the cosmetics are lovely. Pixel variants aside. But drat does it suffer for the sins of being a mobile game with a very expensive license.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Give me one credit and one token for every win. If people want to grind out 6000x wins for a S5 card I’m fine with it, and it allows me to feel like my random average games are accomplishing something other than 26 BP XP.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Another issue is bringing in new players. If my friends are interested in playing, and they get around to introducing challenging friends, it will take them months or a frankly bugfuck amount of money to catchup to where I am now, much less where I will be in the intervening time.

It's all about this. Right now, new players fall off a cliff the moment they complete Pool 2. If Second Dinner doesn't make some major changes to mitigate the progression pinch from multiple angles, then not enough players are going to make it past that filter to sustain the game long-term.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

PJOmega posted:

Pool 2 Kazoo could theoretically make it to infinite with the CL in the 2000s, but it would be eeking out such slim margins to take an insane number of games and time. It also simply can't win against most of the Pool 3 meta decks unless they whiff, so you'd need a hell of a streak to push progression upward.
When your nut draw loses to a 60th percentile draw when is the right time to snap? What you have in hand isnt very relevant you have to a.) predict what the opponent is playing and b.) predict how many pieces your opponent drew. When you're playing the weaker deck your opponent is making much more educated bets and the shuri red skull player can just see shuri in hand and snap and take your cubes. Having a bad deck makes you worse at snapping because you do not have access to the most important information and your opponent does.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Patch Notes posted:

Arnim Zola’s copied cards can be added to locations locked by Professor X.

Now why gently caress is that the case? X was the only way I had to fight this stupid loving wong-mystique-BP-Zola poo poo I have been getting slammed with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Now why gently caress is that the case? X was the only way I had to fight this stupid loving wong-mystique-BP-Zola poo poo I have been getting slammed with.
Looks like that's in the "known issues" section so X is supposed to block the BP but doesnt (as of this patch or before? idk) Fortunately most people wont be aware of the bug and just wont armin with X on board. Also you can at least still X the panther to block the combo if its a T6 play.