Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

oh boo loving hoo you can't massacre villagers anymore

whoever said that should be institutionalized asap

i prefer devices with potential to cleanly separate mammalian tissues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Weka posted:

I thought ptsd from too many boxes was more likely to be an occupational hazard for Jodi.

Lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

What the gently caress

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

nvm

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 07:49 on Jan 11, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8&t=60s

hundreds of troops just like this one

war deprived

no direction

an 18 month red cycle with no missions

forced to gently caress little kids and do weird drugs simply because there are no wars for them to gently caress little kids and do weird drugs in

Won't you pledge to start a war for them today? :ohdear:

Lol like they weren't blaming high operational tempo for their rampant drug abuse before.

Also I find it difficult to believe that special forces are just sitting around bored given the Ukraine war. We're also still in Iraq and Syria, as well as whatever bullshit they're doing in Africa.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

it's a weird variation on the "a huge swathe of unemployed young men are probably bad for society from a crime and public safety point of view" thing but these guys are gainfully employed

sociologists are baffled!

War huh what is it a good for

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

cat botherer posted:

We need special forces to kill children over there so they don't molest children here.

I wonder if there's going to be a rash of dead kids dumped on the side of the road this year as word gets around this is getting attention :(

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
here's a feelgood story involving a US marrine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbqqEKEZaFA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11615843/Shocking-moment-Marine-attacks-two-San-Diego-hotel-workers-knocked-metal-lamp.html

quote:

Video captured the shocking moment a US Marine attacks two female San Diego hotel workers - including a woman who was 4-foot 10- inches - before being knocked out by a metal lamp.

The video shows a male identified as Jason Frink approaching the hotel desk and asking for a room. When the two women behind the counter told him that there was no availability the man became hostile and began swearing at them.

When Ronnie Toms, one of the hotel employees, asked Frink to leave he refused and continued to walk through the lobby. When the unidentified co-worker, a petite brunette told him he cannot pass, he shoved her in a rage as she appeared both stunned and terrified.

On the video, she is heard saying, 'Please don't touch me,' as Toms, who was recording the disturbing scene yells out, 'Don't touch her bro. Don't f*****g touch her. You just pushed her. You just assaulted her and it is on camera.'

The assailant then grew more aggressive and turned towards Toms saying ready to fight. 'Here we go. Put it up,' he said. 'I know where you are from. What's up,' he said before he started slugging Toms.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Good guy metal lamp.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
dictatorship of the broletariat

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

What's particularly funny about this is I don't think any millennial ever actually wanted a participation trophy, they were forced upon us by boomers.

I can't ever remember playing soccer and being stoked for getting handed my participation trophy. I was way more interested in the pizza party.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it was a marketing tactic to justify the cost of the sports programs, uniforms, opportunity cost of driving your kid around hours a week, etc. to the parents

turns out watching your kid eat poo poo in their matches leaves a bad taste in the parents’ mouths also

requires a palette cleanser

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got a verbal at work for repeatedly mocking an ex marine and an Air Force reserves coworker about their veteran status, which I forgot is a protected class

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Lol baby went to mommy?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
If the pedo troops want to kill each other in fort bragg I say we let them. Just, lock the doors.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

lmao you can get written up for that? You must have really hit a nerve. Print one of these out and put it on their desk

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
forcing my girlfriend to watch generation kill because she told me it made her uncomfortable when I "joke" about hating the troops.

Now she also hates the troops.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

lmao you can get written up for that?

legally (in the US) it's equivalent to calling a gay person the f slur or telling a joke about my fat stupid mother in law being a bad driver (woman). I'd forgotten they were afforded such special snowflake protections

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Lol wtf put that in the dumb poo poo Americans do thread.

Skin colour, gender, sexual orientation, baby murdering, these are all equivalent.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

indigi posted:

I got a verbal at work for repeatedly mocking an ex marine and an Air Force reserves coworker about their veteran status, which I forgot is a protected class

ahahaha lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JonkJahnson/status/1612666887896285185?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
but enough about cops

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

indigi posted:

About 3/4ths of my coworkers are either retired troops or troop adjacent and biting my tongue is so loving difficult.

On like memorial day or veterans day or something, someone was at our center, and someone wearing fatigues was leaving. The first guy thanked the army dude for his service, and the army dude was like "for what? I sit around doing nothing all day"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Heck indigi I thought you were joking the first time around. Am I correct in thinking the protections are just to do with employment?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Weka posted:

Heck indigi I thought you were joking the first time around. Am I correct in thinking the protections are just to do with employment?

they're included in all discrimination protections iirc, so like you can't prohibit vets from buying a wedding cake the same way you can't with gay or Jewish or etc people

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you are not allowed to hunt them sport

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

indigi posted:

they're included in all discrimination protections iirc, so like you can't prohibit vets from buying a wedding cake the same way you can't with gay or Jewish or etc people

Stupid fascist loving country

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

omg holy poo poo lmao

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
i cant stop laughing

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

indigi posted:

That wedding cake thing was overturned by the supreme court but before it was it rested on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act, which does not seem to provide protection for troops.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

There's not a draft on is there

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

whats the one in the upper right, domestic violence?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

whats the one in the upper right, domestic violence?

apologizing to the woman whose family he just obliterated. his wife though, yes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOSv3PeDRdE

A troop apparently stole someones kid when he was leaving afghanistan, look at how sympathetic they are to him in this clip.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/autisticbimbo/status/1621733706271522817

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨