Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Ortega should run away and become part of Team Rocket. Worked for James, now he's the best character in anything anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Larryb posted:

Since we’re finally moving away from Ash I’m hoping she’ll have a decent role in the upcoming anime as well (she seems like a character you could really have some fun with)

Speaking of DLC, has any of that actually been officially confirmed yet?

It hasn't been officially confirmed but going off the leakers and the stuff hinted at in the game it's most certainly happening.

We'll probably hear about it relatively soon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

KungFu Grip posted:

ortega was bullied for being a spoiled little rich kid and did not learn his lesson. should be bullied more

was he ever explicitly called out as rich? I thought he was just fabulous

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vandar posted:

It hasn't been officially confirmed but going off the leakers and the stuff hinted at in the game it's most certainly happening.

We'll probably hear about it relatively soon.

Oh I have no doubt about that, I was just curious if we’d actually gotten any concrete info yet (I imagine we’ll probably get said DLC sometime this year)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

indigi posted:

I think he funded the team, didn't he? Unless I made that up.

I better start that Scarlet playthrough so I can see it all again! wheee

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i read Penny as trans but I don't really know where you'd get that she was bullied specifically for being trans unless your logic is just "well she's trans, so of course her peers would hate her for it" which is pretty off theme for pokemon I feel

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Larryb posted:

Oh I have no doubt about that, I was just curious if we’d actually gotten any concrete info yet (I imagine we’ll probably get said DLC sometime this year)

The SS DLC was announced right at the start of the January after the game released so I'd wager we'll hear something by the end of this month/start of next month. I hope, anyway.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hes from a rich family

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

then he just needed to go the Nemona path of being too tough for anyone to gently caress with

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Team Star is explicitly not funded with Ortega('s mom's) money, they even have a rule against it.

Now where all the poo poo in the camps come from, that's a question for another day.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Now where all the poo poo in the camps come from, that's a question for another day.

funded with proceeds from the vending machines

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Team Star is getting secret funds from Guzma's operation in Alola, follow the money people

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If you read the little descriptions for each challenge, they mention that Ortega's family owns a major apparel company in Paldea, which explains his suit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vandar posted:

The SS DLC was announced right at the start of the January after the game released so I'd wager we'll hear something by the end of this month/start of next month. I hope, anyway.

Same here, I want more of these characters

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Zuzie posted:

If you read the little descriptions for each challenge, they mention that Ortega's family owns a major apparel company in Paldea, which explains his suit.

Well then *I* want to be able to buy it! I'd love it if the DLC added more clothing options. Though I found I didn't really mind the lack of that as much as I thought I would, what with all the hats and shoes and whatnot.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

indigi posted:

then he just needed to go the Nemona path of being too tough for anyone to gently caress with

Nemona is bullied, or at least maligned. She's just too stupid to notice.

I assume student council president is not an elected role at this school, because I do NOT think she would've won a vote.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cleretic posted:

I assume student council president is not an elected role at this school, because I do NOT think she would've won a vote.

Everyone voted her in thinking she'd be too busy being student president to want to battle anyone with a PokeBall.

They were wrong.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ortega's the mechanic (made the cars)
Giacomo's the musician (made the car's sound system)
Atticus's the fashionista (made the cars look good)
Mela's the technician (made the cars move)
Eri's the trainer (made the cars strong)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

indigi posted:

He's got an expensive private tutor who calls him "young master" or whatever. He's a rich loser.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Cleretic posted:

In Paldea, student council president is determined by batchall. She actually doesn't want the position anymore which is why she keeps challenging people but none will accept her batchall and she just keeps getting more and more titles as a result.

Edit: in the dlc we learn the paradox Pokemon actually came from the periphery and are the vanguard of the clan invasion that Nemona was sent to herald. Generation X will bring the MechWarrior/Pokemon crossover content market research indicates we need.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 15, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cleretic posted:

drat, I don't remember her getting poo poo about her family's wealth from anyone outside Area Zero. I remember NPCs being put off by her constant battle fever and boundless energy but besides the A/P team I don't recall anyone bringing the wealth up in a negative way. though I know I missed plenty of trainer battles so maybe it came up then

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

indigi posted:

drat, I don't remember her getting poo poo about her family's wealth from anyone outside Area Zero. I remember NPCs being put off by her constant battle fever and boundless energy but besides the A/P team I don't recall anyone bringing the wealth up in a negative way. though I know I missed plenty of trainer battles so maybe it came up then

Oh no, it's for the battle fever thing. I don't think most people even know who her parents are.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

She kind of mentions that her dad is on the board for the Rotom phone company and her older sister is the one that's expected to take over the business so basically she's free to do what she wants, and that's to battle with Pokemon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zuzie posted:

She kind of mentions that her dad is on the board for the Rotom phone company and her older sister is the one that's expected to take over the business so basically she's free to do what she wants, and that's to battle with Pokemon.

so she's the Caspar von Bergliez of Paldea. that tracks in a lot of ways

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Oh no, it's for the battle fever thing. I don't think most people even know who her parents are.

I believe you can go back and visit her house as well, don’t remember if her family’s there though

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

indigi posted:

It's because she doesn't mention it at all, and she's so energetically aggressive re:battling that has become her defining trait instead of her family's wealth. Her family's house is a giant beachside villa with a battle court ON THE BEACH.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nemona doesn't even know what money is.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nemona's kinda an outcast but it doen't really seem to be because people intentionally avoid her or whatever (even though she is a weirdo) its because her immense skill and talent at fightin puts her at a distance from everyone in the one thing she really wants to engage with people about.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
pubbies: what shall we bring to a tera raid against a lycanroc? i know, let's bring a volcarona and a shiny talonflame. this is gonna be great!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I mean I've got a shiny talonflame and I wanna bring her everywhere, she's gorgeous.

I wish she wouldn't run around on the ground so much while I'm trying to kill outbreaks though. You can fly! It's faster!

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Nemona's kinda an outcast but it doen't really seem to be because people intentionally avoid her or whatever (even though she is a weirdo) its because her immense skill and talent at fightin puts her at a distance from everyone in the one thing she really wants to engage with people about.

And even when people engage, she's not really having fun because she has to hold back because she's self aware enough to know no one wants to get destroyed all the time so she has to let people compete/win sometimes if she wants people to play with her.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

HD DAD posted:

I’m probably heartless but Penny/Team Star resonated with me more than Arven.
Yeah Arven didn't resonate with my super hard but in some ways maybe it's a good thing that the neglected kid who was basically raised by his dog didn't resonate with me. He's still a fun character, though, has some great lines of dialogue and while it was hard for me to be empathetic, I could at least be sympathetic. Penny resonated with me a little bit more because I had a tough time with this sort of thing at university. I teared up at the resolution of her story, the support of her friends in Team Star, and Director Clavell's understanding approach to the whole thing.

Nemona resonated stupidly hard with me the same ways she resonates with most people who've already played a few Pokémon games, I imagine. That combination of being so fed up of rivals who just make me feel kinda depressed when I beat them and finally getting someone who it actually feels fun to fight, and her whole "player character who has already beaten the game and realised it's lonely at the top" vibe. The cutscene at the end of her story was a moment of pure catharsis.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 16, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, she almost seems to like it when she loses as it means she’s finally found someone she can engage with on the same level. Nemona’s one of the best rival characters we’ve had in years in my opinion and I like her dynamic with Penny and Arven towards the end of the main game

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1614774437684846592

Next 7 star raid will be a Poison Tera Greninja

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
nice! Names? Pokeballs?

probably just Ryu and Dusk Ball for me, tbph

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1614774437684846592

Next 7 star raid will be a Poison Tera Greninja

Called it! Does it say what ability it's going to have?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Larryb posted:

Hell, she almost seems to like it when she loses as it means she’s finally found someone she can engage with on the same level. Nemona’s one of the best rival characters we’ve had in years in my opinion and I like her dynamic with Penny and Arven towards the end of the main game
Yeah, my S Tier is pretty much just Gladion and Nemona (caveat: earliest Pokémon I've played (beyond an abortive attempt at Blue) is White 2). No-one else really comes close (maybe Lillie, but I think we're stretching the definition of "rival" to breaking point there...).

Gladion is great because
a) his initial prickliness does make him fun to beat at first.
b) he's a good person underneath but he doesn't mind losing to you because ultimately his goal wasn't to become the strongest - it was to protect those he cares about. You were ally in that cause, and the only real way he has to say "thank you" is to give you one last pokemon battle and show off what his cool mon looks like beneath the mask.
c) oh my goodness that battle theme. That bassline.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 16, 2023

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

wizard2 posted:

nice! Names? Pokeballs?

probably just Ryu and Dusk Ball for me, tbph

Hmmm. Not sure on names. It'd be awesome to have it in a beast ball.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Hmmm. Not sure on names. It'd be awesome to have it in a beast ball.

My usual fallback is Jiraiya but I already have a shiny froakie sitting in the bank named that. Talula is an excellent name for a female though. It literally means "dancing water".

If I had to recommend balls though it's a toss up between dive or moon for the standard, luxury if you're breeding a shiny.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Arven resonated with me but not because of his family problems. Caring for a really sick friend, however, oof.