Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It's better than it used to be but they are not wrong. Windows isn't user friendly and often not at all intuitive. I don't know why but sometimes there is a severe lack of polish on some parts of Windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Imagine being the guy that had to field a call from bill loving gates and tell him the download page isn't supposed to be used for downloading.

In 2003 he was still the top dog in all tech if I remember right.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
It's everywhere because software quality is universally crap. There's a legendary Steve Jobs story about MobileMe from about 15 years ago:

https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/jobs_to_2008_mobileme_team_why_the_doesnt_it_do_that

quote:

After reports of crashing servers, laggardly logons, and general crappiness, Jobs tongue-lashed the MobileMe team, asking them "Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" When one foolhardy exec explained the aim of the service, Jobs shot back: "So why the gently caress doesn't it do that."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

jaegerx posted:

No your promiscuous ways at tech conferences does.

I can't help it. I love free ill-fitting merch.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I can't help it. I love free ill-fitting merch.

Cheap booze and lovely merch is the way into his pants here people.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think we need to start a thread fund to get jaegerx laid.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Internet Explorer posted:

I think we need to start a thread fund to get jaegerx libido suppressants

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I make good money but hey, $30 is $30

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

I make good money but hey, $30 is $30

That's like $900 an hour.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

I think we need to start a thread fund to get jaegerx another frontal lobotomy.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Not lying, I've had multiple concussions. I will probably have that CTE eventually. You all need to learn how to diagnose that poo poo cause you need to go to a hospital immediately.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

All good ideas. I'm glad we could brainstorm on it. Open to alternatives.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

It's not often you get an Apple user to freely admit that they have brain damage

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

johnny park posted:

It's not often you get an Apple user to freely admit that they have brain damage

:vince:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

johnny park posted:

Lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

johnny park posted:

:piss:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

johnny park posted:

Goldmine

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Working in IT 3.1: It's not often you get an Apple user to freely admit that they have brain damage

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Working in IT 3.1: It's not often you get an Apple user to freely admit that they have brain damage

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tehinternet posted:

Logitech G502 or Logitech MX Master if you like chonker mice or have large flesh mitts.

I’m not saying to spend money for no reason, but don’t cheap out on human interface devices — the cost down for ergonomic issues the line is way more than the $50 you saved. That goes for office chairs too, not to hop back on that derail.

In general, if you work from home, spare no expense on your setup whether or not your company will pay for it. You're going to be spending at minimum 8 hours a day sitting in front of it, it's right before "the best bed money can buy" on the bang for your buck list.

johnny park posted:

:drat:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

johnny park posted:

Jesus Christ

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm already on thin ice with the Mac thread, so I will not be changing the thread title to that.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'd like an escalation please

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Working in IT 3.1: We're already on thin ice with the Mac thread

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You should be willing to spend as much on a mouse as you would on a power tool.
If your mouse has the potential to take your fingers off, ruin your vision, or kill you, I might gently suggest you're computering wrong

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I say do it anyways IE, you’re getting killed by Microsoft here soon.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

rename yourself to Safari and it'll be alright

edit: not Edge, jaegerx is too horny on main as is

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

I'm already on thin ice with the Mac thread, so I will not be changing the thread title to that.

If the Mac thread is going to develop a grudge over a thread title, they're probably holding it wrong.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’m not gonna lie, i thought those emails were cringe. i was 13 and could run windows easier than billy loving gates?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
not to excuse the awful loving UX of windows esp back then but, sheesh

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ziasquinn posted:

i’m not gonna lie, i thought those emails were cringe. i was 13 and could run windows easier than billy loving gates?

What company have you worked for where the CEO was an actual expert on your product and not an MBA dipshit?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Edit: it's me. I'm the MBA dipshit CEO of the forums

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Vulture Culture posted:

If your mouse has the potential to take your fingers off, ruin your vision, or kill you, I might gently suggest you're computering wrong

Your mouse does in fact have the power to destroy your fingers

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

ziasquinn posted:

dude bought DOS from someone else using the company's money, used his mom's connection with IBM to get it used on their machines, then used that money and inertia to fly lolita express until his wife left him

anyone who manages managers of managers is an idiot, rube, and bastard

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

KillHour posted:

What company have you worked for where the CEO was an actual expert on your product and not an MBA dipshit?

tokin opposition posted:

dude bought DOS from someone else using the company's money, used his mom's connection with IBM to get it used on their machines, then used that money and inertia to fly lolita express until his wife left him

anyone who manages managers of managers is an idiot, rube, and bastard

oh for real its just like, my brain forgets for safety

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KillHour posted:

I laugh every time someone expresses their shock that Elon isn't, in fact, a golden child genius and is actually just a failson who was really good at masking it.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Hey there T1 helpdesk maybe don’t go behind my back and give out local admin access to employees who call and ask for it and also sneak in your own local admin account in the process.

Thanks 365 defender for giving me notifications while it was happening though.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Cyks posted:

Hey there T1 helpdesk maybe don’t go behind my back and give out local admin access to employees who call and ask for it and also sneak in your own local admin account in the process.

Did you give them rope to hang themselves or did you reach out to their manager?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Warmachine posted:

I laugh every time someone expresses their shock that Elon isn't, in fact, a golden child genius and is actually just a failson who was really good at masking it.

He was not good at it. He is a true believer who also happens to be a libertarian Reddit bro in a way that appeals to other libertarian Reddit bros.

Cyks posted:

Not excusing the behavior and also I'm sure you know this but I hope you're looking into fixing whatever was so incredibly annoying that it caused multiple people to break process to get around it.