Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Xenu captures people

because of the spectacle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Joy and Mother both blew me away, especially Lawrence's performance in each. I know they aren't easy films to watch, and obviously Mother wasn't going to be for everyone, but I was surprised at the reaction to both

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i might have missed it but I didn't see the Plane msg

instead I got

quote:

Gerard Butler will return in Plane Has Fallen

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Excited for Plane: Yaw and Plane: Roll

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's going to be a prequel: Line

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The sequel has been announced with a teaser poster

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Joy and Mother both blew me away, especially Lawrence's performance in each. I know they aren't easy films to watch, and obviously Mother wasn't going to be for everyone, but I was surprised at the reaction to both

Joy was difficult to watch? The movie about the lady who invented a mop?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

This time it's war

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mother! was a lot of fun once I realized what was happening (went in blind)

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse

Schwarzwald posted:

Personally, I do appreciate seeing all the page numbers go back to 1.

I also appreciate that the lack of this is apparently really bothering someone, so at this point I'm fine either way.

You know what change the title of this thread to
Who Greenlighted 2023, but at least change the OP to match 2023. Also seeing how the recent movies stuff was dealing with Plane and Mel Brooks call it: Who Greenlighted 2023: Brooks on A Plane.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Driftingmouse posted:

Who Greenlighted 2023, but at least change the OP to match 2023. Also seeing how the recent movies stuff was dealing with Plane and Mel Brooks call it: Who Greenlighted 2023: Brooks on A Plane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Driftingmouse posted:

Do you have the old one still bookmarked and you're worried you'll get them confused?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Driftingmouse posted:

just let it go you freak

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Driftingmouse posted:

call it: Who Greenlighted 2023: Brooks on A Plane.

:goofy:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Change the thread title to Who Greedlightninged 2021 just to enrage this weirdo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We are moving back in time. We are unseeing movies we have seen; everything that was old becomes new again.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Who Greedlightninged 2021: Limited Special Edition Director's Cut (2023 Re-release)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

davidspackage posted:

We are moving back in time. We are unseeing movies we have seen; everything that was old becomes new again.

Means I get to see DUNC again fresh though, so that's cool.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

MH Knights posted:

Who Greedlightninged 2021: Limited Special Edition Director's Cut (2023 Re-release)

Newly remastered, in 4K HFR 3D

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Temporal poster movement

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

everything bagel movie

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Update the thread title and OP, but it’s only about the upcoming movies from 1993.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Change the thread title to Who Greedlightninged 2017 (2020-3) just to enrage this weirdo

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Who Redlighted The New Thread 2023

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

No one tell them I don't have work today so I can't finish it until at least tonight and probably tomorrow

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
gently caress that dude anyway, there’s basically no point in ever rebooting megathreads. You spend all that time creating an OP that people only ever read once and all the information can be easily had by just googling whatever you’re asking about. It’s a needless hassle for the OP just to satisfy some weird goon’s OCD.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress that dude anyway, there’s basically no point in ever rebooting megathreads. You spend all that time creating an OP that people only ever read once and all the information can be easily had by just googling whatever you’re asking about. It’s a needless hassle for the OP just to satisfy some weird goon’s OCD.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

No one tell them I don't have work today so I can't finish it until at least tonight and probably tomorrow

Who Dreamlighted 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Forums threads have a front page?!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

it makes mega threads more approachable to new people

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I dunno, we're probably dealing with a genuine case of mental handicap so go easy on the lil guy.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I like new mega-threads, gives a sense of accomplishment to having read each and every pointless opinion in the previous one.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I like doing the recaps because it reminds me of all the stuff that happened in the year and I have a new photo of a movie cereal box for this year. It spurs several pages of discussions in a often boring month, and helps bring up things that people may have missed. Even without it, this thread is great for just being off topic for dozens of pages as we wait for more weird movie news. Things have also been mushed enough that this thread is now movie and movie adjacent media, especially since covid messed everything up and the media companies have been merging and making less film in general. Plus I get to subject people to my lame jokes. Even if we don't reboot the thread I'd probably just post the OP writeup in this one, but I think new threads are good to get new people.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just let it go you freak

I gotta admit, this is a posting gimmick I've never seen before

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I've always enjoyed reading through the OPs :kiddo:

I've browsed through some of the older ones every once in awhile if a movie title from them catches my memory

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

legend has it the director walked into a meeting with the studio and wrote the word PLANE on a large piece of paper. then added the S, and drew two lines to make it a dollar sign. the rest is history.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

JoeRules posted:

legend has it the director walked into a meeting with the studio and wrote the word PLANE on a large piece of paper. then added the S, and drew two lines to make it a dollar sign. the rest is history.

Unfortunately the same director had no idea what female planes were supposed to look like.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

JoeRules posted:

wrote the word PLANE on a large piece of paper. then added the S, and drew two lines to make it a dollar sign. the rest is history.

Probably not too far from the decision making process for all of Disney's movies these days.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What even is the point of a big OP in a thread that basically changes topic every 2 pages? It's not like there's need for an FAQ! Movies get announced, we chat about them, that's it, that's the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

well why not posted:

What even is the point of a big OP in a thread that basically changes topic every 2 pages? It's not like there's need for an FAQ! Movies get announced, we chat about them, that's it, that's the OP.

But for real. Tars: do whatever the gently caress you want. Whether it's a new OP or just a post in this thread, people here will be excited to read it and I'm one of them.

2020-2+: had an OP ready but Zaslav vaulted it