Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

all friends of Mr. Tank Ledger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everything is coming up Cody!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That DICK! posted:

Some say the Rock is still circling around his neighborhood recording this video to this day

https://twitter.com/WillSloanEsq/status/1612531480973942799?s=20&t=E24BrjUAdA26gW5FNMYo7Q

he isn’t expected to run out of fuel until May so WM is out

Hadn't seen this before and it's giving me major Trump vibes.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Rarity posted:

"Won't have time to get into the shape he needs" The dude's already a walking granite block what more does he want?

"Most things look good! Just need you to sign off on this last bit."
"...you want WWE to buy $50 million worth of tickets to Black Adam? It's not even in theaters anymore."
"Oh, WrestleMania is in like two months, isn't it? drat, guess I don't have time to get into the shape I feel I need to be in!"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
SoFi Stadium refused to serve Teremana, no dice brother

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Rock just called in to Bubba the Love Sponge, and said it's not true and he's in the best shape of his life

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

1glitch0 posted:

Without looking, who are these following people?

John Hartley
Frank Wolff
Will Sawyer
Davis Okoye
Mitch Buchannon

Is Frank Wolff what they've renamed Karl Fredericks?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Rock just called in to Bubba the Love Sponge, and said it's not true and he's in the best shape of his life

Was this on his twitch stream or his show on Florida Man Radio?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

AFTER 15 BORING MINUTES
...The Rock ain't comin' back, brother

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

your friend wicka posted:

Please give me a sixer if anyone can actually do better

drat that's not bad.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The rock was charming & credible in Jungle Cruise.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think I’ve said it before but all his jungle based films are a good time, he should stick to that setting

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Rock doing his usual thing makes for a pretty enjoyable movie. Rampage was a very stupid, fun movie with absolutely wild choices to associate it with the games. Skyscraper was slightly less fun but a similarly enjoyable mash up of Towering Inferno and Die Hard. Baywatch is a movie where I badly want to know every detail of its script changes and financing.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rock would probably have to train intensively with a lot of bumps for at least 12-16 weeks to get back into ring shape. There’s no guarantee his body doesn’t explode during training. Then you have the actual match.

I could only see Rock coming back for one more if he has a rough few years and the big movie contracts dry up. Even then, they’d have to pay him at least high 8 figures to get him to do it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WWE fired Hawkins and Axel and there’s nobody else The Rock trusts to get him back into ring shape

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also didn't Rock get horribly injured the last time he wrestled and that was over a decade ago?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Maybe they can dress Chad Gable or some other short wrestler up as "Vin Diesel" and lure The Rock back for a chance to beat him around the ring

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the real reason it's not happening is because he realizes he might get booed or a tepid response in front a million people live driving him king kong apeshit and making him kill a make a wish kid

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Kvlt! posted:

i believe he recently filed a copyright for that name which he only used in the wwe so rumor is prob true
Putting on my IP Pedant hat:

It's a trademark, not a copyright. Trademarks are generally industry/service specific and require you to show that you use that name/mark to identify 'your' products. It's why for instance half of the Marvel merch out there has to be "Marvel's Storm" or "Marvel's Avengers" or "Marvel's Loki" because they may have wrapped up the trademarks for those terms to put on the cover of a comic book, but not for toys, mugs, beach towels, etc.

WWE filed a trademark registration for "Zack Ryder" for "entertainment services, namely wrestling exhibitions" way back in 2008 but didn't complete the application until 2011. That's the only previous "Zack Ryder" trademark, for bigger stars they'll register under multiple categories (entertainment services, video games, toys, apparel, etc.)

Trademarks last for ten years unless you prove that you are actively using it in certain ways, and WWE neither was using it, nor (apparently) bothered to try to gin up a reason to renew it. The WWE trademark on "Zack Ryder" expired on January 10, 2023.

On January 14, 2023, Matt Cardona filed a new application to trademark "Zack Ryder", specifically for under the category of "Bandanas; Hats; Shirts; Socks; Shirts and short-sleeved shirts; Sweatshirts; Hooded sweatshirts".

It is entirely possible he is going back to WWE, but equally likely that he just wants to start selling Zack Ryder t-shirts, or keep anyone else from doing so.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The only time the Rock got boo’d in the past 2 decades was the time he had to come into the Royal rumble to help give legitimacy to Roman when everyone hated how much he was being pushed. As fragile as his ego has become that probably pissed him off enough to never come back again.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Invalid Validation posted:

The only time the Rock got boo’d in the past 2 decades was the time he had to come into the Royal rumble to help give legitimacy to Roman when everyone hated how much he was being pushed. As fragile as his ego has become that probably pissed him off enough to never come back again.

there are some funny parallels between this and henry cavill coming back as superman to give black adam a boost only to lose his job because it flopped

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also if Rock did come back there'd 100% be a promo making fun of Black Adam bombing

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

I think I’ve said it before but all his jungle based films are a good time, he should stick to that setting

Rock confirmed to be Jungle Boy's future partner to even the odds against Christian & Luchasaurus. Won't be the first time a big Rock took out a dinosaur.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Also if Rock did come back there'd 100% be a promo making fun of Black Adam bombing

What's Brian Clark doing these days??

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Drakkel posted:

Also didn't Rock get horribly injured the last time he wrestled and that was over a decade ago?

Yeah... in the Wrestlemania 29 match against Cena he tore his abdominal and abductor muscles and suffered a hernia.

That was Rock's last real match. It's so weird that Rock's actual last match was a random squash match against Eric Rowan.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

and now in front of the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of THE ROCKS FANS

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

He got booed around the Walking Tall era when he was just sending in half-assed promos filmed from the set, I remember the audience vocally booing some poo poo-rear end video promo he did against Kurt Angle during the Slammy Awards or something.

Of course, The Rock responded by coming back as Hollywood Heel and that ruled. I don't think his brand programming would let him come back as a heel at this point.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

lmao

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Tato posted:

Of course, The Rock responded by coming back as Hollywood Heel and that ruled. I don't think his brand programming would let him come back as a heel at this point.

He won’t even be a heel in the movie where he plays a supervillain

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Putting over Shazam doesn't work for me, brother *movie tanks*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That DICK! posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hmmm. The saudi deal gets doubted and then suddenly their friend the rock is out? hmmm. hmmm.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

got an "post edited into the op" streak going.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1616523644288569348

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Bad timing for Vince to come back right when this is happening. Some people are going to get the idea that he’s making changes or doing anything other than facilitating the sale

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djT_hBVbmGc

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Regal turning off his phone and shutting the curtains

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WWE HQ is very similar to The Oldest House from Control.

Vince traps people in the Ashtray Maze for shits and giggles.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Gonz posted:

WWE HQ is very similar to The Oldest House from Control.

Vince traps people in the Ashtray Maze for shits and giggles.

The Ashtray Maze is cooler than any house of horrors poo poo WWE has produced tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

good ol' rocky, bringing a bagged lunch of ZOA energy to RAW. smart