Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
A bloo bloo bloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

So what was the riot about?
Just people more or less celebrating??
gently caress, 'Straya sounds lit AF

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

See?? Crazy place

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

It's very cool and very normal to have all your native animals frothing at the mouth and even more aggressive, you just get a vaccine every time one of them attacks you. Why would Australians not want that ? - An obviously diseased American.

Aren't your native animals bears and mooses and stuff? I'm surprised you survive being bitten long enough to catch rabies.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

wesleywillis posted:

So what was the riot about?
Just people more or less celebrating??
gently caress, 'Straya sounds lit AF

That's really more of an auspol question

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
We have our own long and rich history of fighting police about dumb poo poo while shitfaced though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_TZ_obB4o

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

Perth still sucking hard on itself

The international departure lounge is still the best place in Perth. Happy Aus day cunts (it's still the 26th for me, a wretched expat).

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inceltown posted:

Spotted a dude wearing running shorts, blue wife beater and Aussie flag bucket hat filming a rant down by the harbour yesterday arvo and realised that was the first Aussie flag I saw all day. Sometimes it's nice to live in the latte belt.

It's called a fukken singlet :boonie:

goddamn seppo bullshit in this thread

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought a singlet came down to your belt whereas a wifebeater rests on your gut.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

I'd never heard about the Luna Park ghost train fire till that doco miniseries came out last year. Which was very good btw

My mother was there when it happened. she has refused to go on any kind of amusement ride since.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

til that wifebeater isn't a skippy term. Never heard it in a US context so figured it was one of ours and it could easily have been. Makes sense that the monsters in the land of the free created this one too though.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought a singlet came down to your belt whereas a wifebeater rests on your gut.

thats a tube top

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Non Compos Mentis posted:

thats a tube top

Still not as dense or quick to melt down as the real thing.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Still not as dense or quick to melt down as the real thing.

I believe chocolate is actually enjoyed by millions of people. something the original is not capable of.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would read a short history of Hughsey and his journey from young comedian to being universally disliked. Commercial radio probably has something to do with it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I learned recently that Carl baron still does shows.

Guess the foot my show money dried up.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I saw Carl Baron once at UNSW and I have no further comment to make. I suppose it was a decent enough night as I have no memory of it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Outrail posted:

The international departure lounge is still the best place in Perth. Happy Aus day cunts (it's still the 26th for me, a wretched expat).

One of my friends uhhh mates from college is from Oz. I made sure to send him a text message greeting for the day telling him to skull some piss, get fuckin maggot and be the cuntiest oval office to ever oval office.

He was most appreciative. Said it made him feel like he was home again.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

thats just a picture of hughesy again

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/2VintageClassic/status/1619676216985886722

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Got my next EP cover

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Found this great vid of the train trip from Central to Kiama from the front cab view, condensed down to 12 minutes, you learn a little bit about the trip you'll never see as a passenger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKEq-8WVb3w&t=616s

Alternatively, if you have two hours, there's the real-time version, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4f0qCUipnY

There's also a shorter vid of rolling through the Hawkesbury region of the Newcastle line during those insane lightning storms from early last week. (Best started halfway through)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EZ_CaJo5g

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The amount of times I've done the Bomaderry > Sydney train and never known that there was a high speed train doing it is a little upsetting.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Inceltown posted:

The amount of times I've done the Bomaderry > Sydney train and never known that there was a high speed train doing it is a little upsetting.

Yeah you gotta get that 12 minute train... der

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Apparently, back in the 80's there was a market Australian beef in the USA, and the Northern Territory was doing a great run of shipping meat. Apparently, it came crashing down when some American inspectors turned up and found out it was all feral water buffalo.

I'd eat a buffalo, I'd probably pay more for buffalo.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Outrail posted:

Apparently, back in the 80's there was a market Australian beef in the USA, and the Northern Territory was doing a great run of shipping meat. Apparently, it came crashing down when some American inspectors turned up and found out it was all feral water buffalo.

There was a Buffalo dairy in the NT years back that went bust after some idiots shot all their stock.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

This was all in Fallout 4 or something

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kharnifex posted:

There was a Buffalo dairy in the NT years back that went bust after some idiots shot all their stock.

Why are people such dicks?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Just a heads up to anyone who is waiting for their Centrelink claim to be approved. You don't have to wait until your payment is approved to claim a Low Income Healthcare Card. If your income in the preceding 8 weeks was under the threshold, you qualify.

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/income-test-for-low-income-health-care-card?context=21986

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BadDreems/status/1621051558590054400

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Outrail posted:

We've got our own buffalo and they're quite tasty.

But yeah, I'd love to grill some water buffalo steaks. I know their milk makes good cheese, I've had some in Italy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We've got our own buffalo and they're quite tasty.

Yeah mate, so tasty ya ate them all ya dinguses.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Outrail posted:

dinguses.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Outrail posted:

Yeah mate, so tasty ya ate them all ya dinguses.

Actually we shot them all so the natives couldn't eat them.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

That's actually worse...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Just texting with my friend from college who is from 'Straya and he told me his dad just died. He's looking to book a plane ticket home ATM .

Hoist a drink for old man mc donald. A good oval office.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

wesleywillis posted:

Hoist a stubby for old mate maccas. A sick oval office.

Fixed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

That's actually worse...

It is.

Australia and America are alike in many, many ways, as uncomfortable as it is to admit. At least that's what my Aussie uncle Geoff told me.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Thank you.
My 'Strayan vernacular still needs some work.