Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long.

Someone already answered this the last time you complained.

New Leaf posted:

Got enough credits to open some caches. Hoped for some of the cards I'm desperately missing to complete meta decks. Got.. an Agent 13 icon and a title that simply says "The Fourth". Cool cool cool.. :suicide:

goferchan posted:

1 in 4 reserves gives you a new card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long. I'm the proud owner of a new Rhino icon though. So that's.. neat. I do nothing but face decks I want to play but I'm lacking 2-3 vital cards. Discard looks so fun to me but I don't have Hela or Dracula or Ghost Rider, only loving Morbius..

There are decks you can put together without those cards. They're pretty fun, but I doubt they will climb ranks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Sean posted:

Someone already answered this the last time you complained.

Isn't going to stop me from bitching though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah because of the matchmaking you're going to be thrown against people with similar decks to you and probably the cards you want. It's frustrating especially early in your pool 3 journey

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Idiot I just played against played Beast last on a spot they easily would have won so all of their other cards at the location disappeared and I got an easy 4 cubes

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

New Leaf posted:

Isn't going to stop me from bitching though.

Clearly you have established that.

Moreso I was pointing out that you were asking a question you already knew the answer to.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

One thing that I'm frustrated about is the way the developers lean on "messing with your ability to play cards" as a mechanic. It just feels bad when you suddenly can't make a play through no fault of your own. The number of locations whose effects are essentially "Your ability to play cards is limited in some way" is annoying, but at least that's symmetrical and random. It's more egregious when it's something your opponent can deliberately do.

Interactivity is great to keep the game from feeling like Solitaire, but I much prefer it on the board. Opponent pulls my cards away from Wong with Aero, or neutralizes Bucky with Armor? Sure I'm not happy, but they outplayed or countered me. I suddenly can't play my T4 card because its cost was bumped up or it got discarded by the opponent? That just feels like garbage. The most egregious example is Wave into Death and She-Hulk, where one player sets up a limiting condition that they can exploit. Cool I can suddenly only play one card while you can drop 22 power in 2 cards, real fun.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 27, 2023

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I decided to dust off my move deck with the addition of magneto. Get all the moves out of the way before t6 then everyone's expecting Heimdall but nope, moving your poo poo around now.

It's been going well enough to climb a few ranks. I've only been losing to discard decks with mega draculas

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finally, Galactus has appeared in my shop. Now to pin him and play the waiting game

Welcome to the dark side!

(He's not an automatic 'I win' button. Well, maybe if you have Knull? I don't have that one.)

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Unless you absolutely can't stand Control decks, I'd always advise new players to keep an eye out for Sera and buy her ASAP. Control Sera uses only one Pool 3+ card and it's insanely good at winning games, even if you never draw Sera herself.

One new tech I've done with my version of the deck is slotting in Quake. Barring poo poo like Sanctum Santorum being middle, she is a total game changer to drop on turn 4/5/6 if the locations are nasty and otherwise she's a Just Fine 3 power body. Big shout out to when she flipped after a Storm revealed and put Flooding into the space with Angela and Friends

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Jeeze the rate of gaining tokens feels so much better after you complete P3. I guess I already knew that it was literally 5x as fast, but man, it makes putting together 3k for a series 4 card feel quite reasonable. Currently waiting for Shuri to show up in anticipation of the drop.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

goferchan posted:

Jeeze the rate of gaining tokens feels so much better after you complete P3. I guess I already knew that it was literally 5x as fast, but man, it makes putting together 3k for a series 4 card feel quite reasonable. Currently waiting for Shuri to show up in anticipation of the drop.

Yeah, getting tokens basically every other cache isn't nearly as bad, especially when one of them is gonna be at least double the usual amount of tokens.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Best name/title combo I've run into- Dik, Object of Ridicule.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Ugh, I finally got base Nick Fury after having the signed one. I knew it was going to happen eventually, but damnit.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

I played someone using the name OMGWTFBBQ yesterday. Which one of you was that? Show yourselves!

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Went from 95-infinity in the last couple of hours thanks to a good old fashioned leech/leader deck. Final boss was a dude who emoted fist bumps and didn’t play any cards but snapped back on six for a sweet 8 cubes. ComfortableDin you are a true friend.

Here’s the list, mvp was probably Polaris and magneto. Polaris won me multiple games on space throne and mojo world by moving around little dudes and tended to camouflage this as a surfer deck.

Also thought I was going to lose my mind, I was at 99.9 and played a lockjaw surfer deck that hit a 1 in 8 gambit shot on t6 to win. Thankfully I had my cube benefactor right after.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long.

You could be like me last night and pull Patriot. The only card for which I had the winter variant, but not the primary version.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bottom Liner posted:

Do they not auto resize in whatever browser you use? Timg hasn’t been an issue for a long time even on phone for me.

On desktop, they're gigantaroonic.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well that was irritating.
Turn 3, location is The Space Throne.

Opponent has Colossus and a handful of Sentinels on the field.
I drop Polaris on throne, assuming she'll grab a Sentinel.

Nope, she tries to grab Colossus, which obviously fails.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_steve posted:

Well that was irritating.
Turn 3, location is The Space Throne.

Opponent has Colossus and a handful of Sentinels on the field.
I drop Polaris on throne, assuming she'll grab a Sentinel.

Nope, she tries to grab Colossus, which obviously fails.

Lol I didn’t know she would do that. Iceman doesn’t target 6 drops, I thought it worked like that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

buffalo all day posted:

Lol I didn’t know she would do that. Iceman doesn’t target 6 drops, I thought it worked like that.

Iceman only targets Sera. This is what I've learned in my time playing. Any other hits are just hiding the fact you didn't have Sera in your hand at the time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RevKrule posted:

Iceman only targets Sera. This is what I've learned in my time playing. Any other hits are just hiding the fact you didn't have Sera in your hand at the time.

The other hint is that the "on turn 5 cards cost 1 more" location doesn't come up.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I don't think I'll ever be convinced that there AREN'T bot/AI decks that change "on the fly" based on cards I played.

I had a standard Wong/Ironheart deck, opponent was doing a Destroy deck. Everything normal up to turn 6. There were your Deadpools, Bucky, Carnage, Venom, Sabertooth, etc...

Turn 6, I had Invisible woman on a location, behind her was Wong, and I didn't draw into Odin, but I did draw into Surfer and Ironheart, who both got played on turn 6 ( had a Zabu and Rhino already out so they could benefit, plus Ironheart would also get the +3.)

He played Juggernaut on that location. I get that Juggernaut is one of those "well, it can work well in ANY deck!" type of things, but man, it just seemed really loving convenient for that card, on THAT turn, and not, like, Death or something else.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

Went from 95-infinity in the last couple of hours thanks to a good old fashioned leech/leader deck. Final boss was a dude who emoted fist bumps and didn’t play any cards but snapped back on six for a sweet 8 cubes. ComfortableDin you are a true friend.

Here’s the list, mvp was probably Polaris and magneto. Polaris won me multiple games on space throne and mojo world by moving around little dudes and tended to camouflage this as a surfer deck.

Also thought I was going to lose my mind, I was at 99.9 and played a lockjaw surfer deck that hit a 1 in 8 gambit shot on t6 to win. Thankfully I had my cube benefactor right after.

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYXhpbXVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNYWduZXRvIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Is your experience that Scorpion is the best 2 drop for this kind of top-heavy deck? I can never tell how much value I'm getting out of him, was thinking of running Daredevil as an alternative 2/2 body

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Daredevil is great. Not only do you get the power of coming up with the perfect response to your opponent’s Turn 5 play, they know that and it can cause them to make poor plays in response.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Tender Bender posted:

Is your experience that Scorpion is the best 2 drop for this kind of top-heavy deck? I can never tell how much value I'm getting out of him, was thinking of running Daredevil as an alternative 2/2 body

I think the two drops in there work best for me, but if you wanted to drop one I think Armor would be the one I'd pick - it can definitely just win games against Baero and it keeps your Sunspot safe but it can also just be useless. That said, worst case is it's a 2/3. I love Daredevil but I would not put in Daredevil in this deck and here's why:

I actually would argue this is not a top heavy deck - you win when you can play on curve 1-4 and build a strong board that either (1) makes up for the fact that your t5 has three power or (2) allows you to aero the enemy into (a) a lane you're dominating or (b) a lane you've conceded -- note that (2)(b) only works if you're winning the other two lanes. Leech, Aero, and Leader all lose when you're behind on board going in to t5 because they're all understatted -- they just allow you to preserve what's there.

All that is to say that scorpion lets you hold down enemy power on t3 and t4 so that you can build a positive board state. Assuming your enemy plays just one affected card, it's a 2/3 - on curve. Frequently, it's more than one, and you're making out like a bandit. And sometimes, you high-roll on Brood or Sinister and it just wins you the game. Your other 2 drops are Lizard (way over-statted) and Armor (properly statted, plus tech to protect Sunspot growth or to foil Bucky/Hood decks). Daredevil is understatted so you would have to scramble on 3 and 4. You also don't have X, Hobgoblin, or Gamora that let you take advantage of your advance knowledge. Finally, I think DareDevil decreases odds people will stay in the game if you snap before the cards flip on t5, and you really want people to stay in for when Leech/Aero hits.

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 27, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I think some people had success using Cloak, although idk if I'd want to drop it after t3 or so. Sentinel might be OK although you are clogging up the board which is bad for Leader. Same for Mysterio, it takes up board spots that you want free for Leader.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Note to my future self.. Scarlet Witch can't break Dark Dimension because she doesn't reveal. :ughh: I mean, it makes total sense, I'm not questioning it, but in the moment I was just being dumb.

Also, just played a guy who dropped a Black Panther on Kamar-Taj.. then hit it with an Odin. 256 Black Panther. Felt bad to Shang-Chi it but he still won but only just barely.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Magneto

Any alternatives to Maximus? I have been using Mojo or Electro instead but I dunno. Probably need the power.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

poe meater posted:

Any alternatives to Maximus? I have been using Mojo or Electro instead but I dunno. Probably need the power.

The synergy with Leech is really good. But the two 3 drops you typically see in this list are Maximus and Thor. I don't have Thor (3 pool 3 cards left...Patriot, Thor and Electro) so I run Maximus and Polaris. You could run Polaris and Thor? Or Polaris and Kingpin :getin:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If you don't have a Maximus the usual play is just to slot in a Sword Master.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Devo posted:

If you don't have a Maximus the usual play is just to slot in a Sword Master.

I think this works in Surfer where you can drop Max on t6 but I wouldn't want to do that on T3 in a leech/leader deck. Maybe I'm too risk averse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't think I'll ever be convinced that there AREN'T bot/AI decks that change "on the fly" based on cards I played.

You don't have to be - there are. Back in beta I played the same bot twice running. Game 1 I saw every card in its deck. Game 2 it had the same deck, but played a tech card that it didn't have in game 1.

You'll occasionally see a bot play Cyclops or Thing in a deck that has no business running them. I'm pretty certain that those are the placeholder cards that it can swap out for tech cards as needed.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

buffalo all day posted:

I think this works in Surfer where you can drop Max on t6 but I wouldn't want to do that on T3 in a leech/leader deck. Maybe I'm too risk averse.

Just pretend that whatever he discards was going to be on the bottom of your deck anyway.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Devo posted:

Just pretend that whatever he discards was going to be on the bottom of your deck anyway.

the thing that sucks about discard in this game though is that your opponent sees it go poof. so when both of you watch leader, or leech, or magneto, or aero go away, it really fucks you up. IMO the two extra power over unbuffed thor. in this specific deck, isn't worth it.

buffalo all day fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 27, 2023

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
In most games you'd see a discard though, yeah? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong style because it's been what feels like a decade since I touched Hearthstone, but any TCG has a graveyard your opponent can search face up

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

Gambit will try to target him too, it's annoying lol

buffalo all day posted:

I think the two drops in there work best for me, but if you wanted to drop one I think Armor would be the one I'd pick - it can definitely just win games against Baero and it keeps your Sunspot safe but it can also just be useless. That said, worst case is it's a 2/3. I love Daredevil but I would not put in Daredevil in this deck and here's why:

I actually would argue this is not a top heavy deck - you win when you can play on curve 1-4 and build a strong board that either (1) makes up for the fact that your t5 has three power or (2) allows you to aero the enemy into (a) a lane you're dominating or (b) a lane you've conceded -- note that (2)(b) only works if you're winning the other two lanes. Leech, Aero, and Leader all lose when you're behind on board going in to t5 because they're all understatted -- they just allow you to preserve what's there.

All that is to say that scorpion lets you hold down enemy power on t3 and t4 so that you can build a positive board state. Assuming your enemy plays just one affected card, it's a 2/3 - on curve. Frequently, it's more than one, and you're making out like a bandit. And sometimes, you high-roll on Brood or Sinister and it just wins you the game. Your other 2 drops are Lizard (way over-statted) and Armor (properly statted, plus tech to protect Sunspot growth or to foil Bucky/Hood decks). Daredevil is understatted so you would have to scramble on 3 and 4. You also don't have X, Hobgoblin, or Gamora that let you take advantage of your advance knowledge. Finally, I think DareDevil decreases odds people will stay in the game if you snap before the cards flip on t5, and you really want people to stay in for when Leech/Aero hits.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks for breaking it down like that.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Finally had a situation where Dr. Strange "should" try to pull colossus. He pulled two other cards while colossus did the "can't move" wiggle, then pulled a third card after a slight delay. So it still filled the lane by taking a card played after colossus, he didn't leave a hole in Dr Stranges lane.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Thank God Colossus didn't fill the Strange hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

buffalo all day posted:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Magneto
#
#

What rank did you start at this season and what were you running to get to 95 ? This deck doesn't seem to work against the impossible sniper bots in the 50s.