Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

You could probably do something similar in like, FE4, but instead of the rings and Stands you could tie it into the holy weapons, like you temporarily tap into their power. It wouldn't work in actual FE4 because of the story and holy blood of course, but it wouldn't be too bad to make a similar thing in future games.

Imo you could probably like, say, have holy blood confer some kind of gambit/Engage type command if you really wanted that type of dealie for FE4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chapter 10 maddening tip: you can bait hortensia with roy and his hold out skill.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

If you want to break the game in two, Tiki is there for you enhancing everyones growth rate by 15%. Also no real grinding in this game, skirmishes start to spawn after ch7 on hard and like ch11 on maddening? But theyre limited and take real time to re-appear.

That sounds great

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Scrap Dragon posted:

The trick is that you have to regroup your units all on one side after dealing with her retainers, even on Hard I couldn't beat with half my army on either side of her.

I ended up doing with a split team because she loving loves going for boucheron even if he's on full HP for some reason. Still lost Louis and citrinne to the next bosses accidental crits but w/e I'm not taking them to endgame anyway. I did it!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It took me forever but I finally beat the Tiki paralogue without dying. If anyone is wondering, units do permadie in these paralogues, they are not treated like training.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Nat: Let's do some training Lyn!

Lyn:Sure Nat! These plains looks like Sacae so I'm right at home!

Brutally murders Chloe

Never liked that bitch anyway.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
*bond convo*

Diamant: I am honored to get to fight alongside Brodia's treasured Emblem.

Roy: No need to be so formal. You and I are friends.

Diamant: Also I apparently do not mind that you killed my brother right in front of me.

Roy: Hahah yeah, it's good to be friends.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Man skirmishes get brutal after a while, huh

It's one thing to deal with a generalized enemy murder ball, but it's a whole other thing when it's entirely fliers

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wow, Diamant has a really low Dex cap in his personal class. That almost has me wondering if I should reclass him, but I'm not sure if another class would actually be better.

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

Chapter 20: I knew it would be bad when I saw it was another fog of war map but that entrap staff user was so mean.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Harrow posted:

Wow, Diamant has a really low Dex cap in his personal class. That almost has me wondering if I should reclass him, but I'm not sure if another class would actually be better.

hero is a natural fit. that said, diamant's dex isn't a huge deal since his whole thing is getting a free +15 hit by fighting people he breaks (or being tanky enough to trade the blow back)

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Did anybody manage to beat the Four Hounds in Chapter 11? It felt impractical but maybe not completely impossible (on Hard).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

nrook posted:

Did anybody manage to beat the Four Hounds in Chapter 11? It felt impractical but maybe not completely impossible (on Hard).

I managed to down 2 of them, Zephia and Marni, but with the knowledge of chapter 10-11 for future playthroughs it shouldn't be the most difficult thing.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 27, 2023

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Do we know if anything special happens if you do?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

nrook posted:

I managed to take out Zephia by planting Yunaka in a forest, getting some lucky crits, and hitting her with Lyn's Astra shot. The real threat is Griss, who can use Warp Ragnarok every turn. He can freely pick any unit within 12+ tiles of himself and hit them with a hefty unavoidable attack. If you devise a counter to that, I think you could reasonably wear down the other three as well.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
A small child runs into Ike in the arena:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxmXWfaav6pbSolJp3AaoB8Dkm8HB5eIDU

Zoran fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 27, 2023

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
kinda weird that bond point get useless so quickly

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Whoever suggested Panette!Lyn.

This poo poo is beyond disgusting. I've turned her into a Wyvern Lord and she just flies around the map desperation doubling everything with a 60% crit chance easy.

She loving soloed one of the four knights.

It's like I'm playing Three houses again. If I can get canto on her it'll be like having my Edelgard back.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've been using Berserker Panette with Ike for Wrath but flying Panette sounds pretty great too

I made the mistake of spending 1000 SP to get Dual Assist on her when what I should've done is saved up 2000 SP for Wrath and now I'll probably never be able to afford that :negative:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Okay I am actually starting to care about the main plot in the final act. Turns out all I needed was Veyle as a deuteragonist; she is a good dragon and I will never not stand behind anyone voiced by Megan Taylor Harvey.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Chapter 25: THE REINFORCEMENTS, THEY DONT STOP. I'm getting drowned in trash enemies, help.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Natural 20 posted:

Whoever suggested Panette!Lyn.

This poo poo is beyond disgusting. I've turned her into a Wyvern Lord and she just flies around the map desperation doubling everything with a 60% crit chance easy.

She loving soloed one of the four knights.

It's like I'm playing Three houses again. If I can get canto on her it'll be like having my Edelgard back.

I think Wolf Knight is much better on Panette+Lyn because the 1-2 knives are much better than the 1-2 axes and it lets her deal with Archers. I've got Ivy and Hortensia and two Wyvern Knights, someone needs to be able to kill them without any risk. Plus, punch guys aren't really in formations as a general enemy, so it lets you forge up and engrave a really nice knife without worrying about Breaks, and she has knife proficiency if you decide you want to hand her the S-rank Knife eventually over Yunaka or Zelkov. I'm using her Silver Knife more than her Killer Axe most of the time because she can and will enemy phase ranged bosses with it.

Sadly Wrath is 2000 SP so unless you decide you want that over Canto (mistake), it's probably not happening before the very endgame of endgame.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Spoilers for Leif’s paralogue. These Balistas are going to be the death of me. My team has 4 fliers and it does a huge chunk to even my tankiest members. I can use Astra Storm to deal with one of them but there are so many…

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Einander posted:

I think Wolf Knight is much better on Panette+Lyn because the 1-2 knives are much better than the 1-2 axes and it lets her deal with Archers. I've got Ivy and Hortensia and two Wyvern Knights, someone needs to be able to kill them without any risk. Plus, punch guys aren't really in formations as a general enemy, so it lets you forge up and engrave a really nice knife without worrying about Breaks, and she has knife proficiency if you decide you want to hand her the S-rank Knife eventually over Yunaka or Zelkov. I'm using her Silver Knife more than her Killer Axe most of the time because she can and will enemy phase ranged bosses with it.

Sadly Wrath is 2000 SP so unless you decide you want that over Canto (mistake), it's probably not happening before the very endgame of endgame.

I don't like many of the ground classes relative to the fliers. The extra movement point isn't worth the flexibility of flying mobility to me and no archer can actually kill Panette because she's faster than them and has tank to spare.

I'm not really looking for Wrath as much as I am Vantage. Drop her down to 25% and fire up desperation killer axe doubles before an enemy gets to go in on her.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Natural 20 posted:

I don't like many of the ground classes relative to the fliers. The extra movement point isn't worth the flexibility of flying mobility to me and no archer can actually kill Panette because she's faster than them and has tank to spare.

I'm not really looking for Wrath as much as I am Vantage. Drop her down to 25% and fire up desperation killer axe doubles before an enemy gets to go in on her.

Sadly Alacrity is Player Phase only, by the description ("if unit initiates combat"). If it wasn't then Vantage would be the best option by far.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

I've been using Berserker Panette with Ike for Wrath but flying Panette sounds pretty great too

I made the mistake of spending 1000 SP to get Dual Assist on her when what I should've done is saved up 2000 SP for Wrath and now I'll probably never be able to afford that :negative:

I'm changing my Berserker Ike Panette to a Warrior because she maxed her dex already and i'd like to keep getting more (for even more crits)

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Chapter 25 took me 2 hours... on hard. I almost ran out of rewinds too. On hard. I can't imagine this map on Maddening.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Einander posted:

Sadly Alacrity is Player Phase only, by the description ("if unit initiates combat"). If it wasn't then Vantage would be the best option by far.

Ah shame, didn't notice that. Good thing I didn't inherit it then. When you mouseover the speed tooltip it just gives you the speed as being unconditionally +10.

At the moment she's running Lineage and Tiki +15% because why wouldn't you do that with someone who starts at 1500 SP.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I think Panette+Ike is my favorite unit because deleting half of the enemy army between enemy phase and Great Aether is just amazing. I keep giving her life gems just in case, but she doesn't even need them. Simply elite.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

jimmydalad posted:

Spoilers for Leif’s paralogue. These Balistas are going to be the death of me. My team has 4 fliers and it does a huge chunk to even my tankiest members. I can use Astra Storm to deal with one of them but there are so many…

Kinda cheesy but I ended up beating it by having Louis engaged with Sigurd just march down by himself tanking ballista shots (he took 1-2 damage per) until they ran out of ammo or he killed the marksman, then move everybody else up. You also don't need to deal with the last ballista if you don't want to: get somebody in range of Leif and he will run out and away from his group of friends to solo you, at which point you can dogpile him before the next enemy phase.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just joined the gang who cleared chapter 10 and 11! Kinda proud of clearing 11 on 4 turns while getting all the treasure. And man people didn't lie about Ivy's gang being Pents, Zelkov would replace Yunaka totally if she didn't have her personal making her a better combat unit, and Kagetsu shits on all my sword users except Alear who just promoted. Interesting that Mauvier gets an exclusive class with stave access as a cavalier...

Also I feel like the current stash of Master seals I just got should go to Diamant, Alcryst and Ivy since they're already nearing 20, but I wanted to save one for when Anna hits 10 to escape squishy Mage hell and become a Pony Friend.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Has anyone who's finished on maddening have feedback if finishing at level 40 (the normal max cap) is achievable or if you want to grind more levels? My plan would be to promote as early as possible but then second seal at the level that would let me top out at 40 total levels.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Just joined the gang who cleared chapter 10 and 11! Kinda proud of clearing 11 on 4 turns while getting all the treasure. And man people didn't lie about Ivy's gang being Pents, Zelkov would replace Yunaka totally if she didn't have her personal making her a better combat unit, and Kagetsu shits on all my sword users except Alear who just promoted. Interesting that Mauvier gets an exclusive class with stave access as a cavalier...

Also I feel like the current stash of Master seals I just got should go to Diamant, Alcryst and Ivy since they're already nearing 20, but I wanted to save one for when Anna hits 10 to escape squishy Mage hell and become a Pony Friend.

That class isn't unique, its one of the normal promotions for Lance cavs if they also have staff proficiency.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not a promotion for lance cav, its a promotion for lance fighter, which nobody starts in

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

its not a promotion for lance cav, its a promotion for lance fighter, which nobody starts in

Would make sense. Means my Jean could promote natively into that.

But man I do feel the rotating now. My Etie and Bouchy and Alfred and Celine are pretty lowlevelled and not very usable now. Granted I don't like Alfred, but feels bad not to use the unique units.

I gotta ask, I noticed Clanne doesn't start with staff proc, does this mean Mage Knight is is "canon" promotion or does he actually start with no proficiencies and is unable to promote?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Finished with Chapter 10 and 11 and I think I like Alear and the story a lot?

Chapter 10 is just a drat good fire emblem map and the huge number of bosses makes for a really thrilling ride. I think collectively Chapters 10 and 11 make for my favorite “this is the end of act 1” map for both map design and tone, if that makes sense. Lyn’s ninja jutsu, astra storm and of course the revival stone makes for an archer boss that is actually challenging too.

Taking all of your emblems is really ballsy. I’m gonna miss Great Sacrifice and auto switching weapons like an fe4 boss.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

FrickenMoron posted:

Chapter 25 took me 2 hours... on hard. I almost ran out of rewinds too. On hard. I can't imagine this map on Maddening.

Huh, I literally also beat that map... with no resets. :smug:

Which was pure luck; not only did the enemy miss every single time it would have killed a unit, which was at least ten separate occasions in the 40-60 range, I also got Timerra surrounded by chain attackers who decided to suicide against Tiki when they could have just done nothing and killed me.

I think every single map in the back half of the game has been interesting and challenging in different ways, hell of a job.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Blaziken386 posted:

:same:
there is a certain joy in taking a squishy little weakling and watching them snowball into an unstoppable god of death, and it's completely different from the similarly fun joy of being handed a new toy who comes out of the box already a god of death.

This is roughly 80% of why I play these games.
Also the cast is growing on me, just not in main story cutscenes.
Amber should have a skin that lets him ride an Alpaca if he's a Cavalry class.
Also Adult Anna is dead, long live Smol Anna. Mus Protecc.
Jean's preciousness in his Somniel outfit multiplies tenfold.
Looking at Panette's face from a distance makes her look like the 'get out' frog.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I didn't really notice it much ingame but listening to the soundtrack out of the game a lot of the battle map tracks seem to be remixes from previous titles or at least incorporating a lot of elements from some older tracks.
The Ch10 has both elements of Chaos from Awakening and 3 houses for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Byleth's big cool coat looks absolutely silly with the empty sleeves flapping all around at the slightest movement. It looks like he has two big wacky inflatable tubes tied to his cape.