Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

JamesBont posted:

So you're going to protest and condemn Trump, right?

...Right?!

Please don't kinkshame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

:douche:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What the hell are all those generals looking at? A circular map? A badly-drawn globe? And those borders are incredibly hosed up too.

Let's have a closer look

I suppose it's not terrible for a political cartoon but something incredibly wierd is happening on the east side there.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I guess Belarus has taken advantage of the situation and is staging its own invasion of the north, the situation is really escalating (all Ukraine's fault, of course, for wanting to defend itself)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Microplastics posted:

Let's have a closer look

I suppose it's not terrible for a political cartoon but something incredibly wierd is happening on the east side there.

Oh ffffffffFFFFFFFF. Ted Rall draws Ukraine with Crimea and the Easterns provinces as Russian.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lol that tiny Hungary though

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

lol that tiny Hungary though

From the looks of it, Hungary has been completely absorbed by Romania and only Slovakia remains

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I don't remember Ron Perlman being in that movie.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Nameless Pete posted:

I don't remember Ron Perlman being in that movie.

That is clearly one of the Bogdanoff twins.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Tom Stiglich

Please take art classes. I'm begging you. Learn how to draw at least one non-disgusting, non-Methed-out human face between the two of you.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That Schiff looks like droopy buttcheeks with a donger hanging between em

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Brawnfire posted:

That Schiff looks like droopy buttcheeks with a donger hanging between em

I'm also just permanently weirded out by how he draws the republican elephant. Like, a visceral reaction.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Their RINO Rhino is really hosed up and smooth as well. They are disturbing characters.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Neito posted:

Please take art classes. I'm begging you. Learn how to draw at least one non-disgusting, non-Methed-out human face between the two of you.

That's the thing though. A.F. Branco does have an artistic background. I can't judge this on its artistic merits, but at least this Branco painting has some effort put into it:

Of course the fact that he can produce stuff like this makes his daily output all the more infuriating.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
It's not his normal fecal smear, but that's lovely van art at best. The more you look at it the more hosed up it gets, and some of the geometry is near-Rallian.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Skios posted:

That's the thing though. A.F. Branco does have an artistic background. I can't judge this on its artistic merits, but at least this Branco painting has some effort put into it:

Of course the fact that he can produce stuff like this makes his daily output all the more infuriating.
The thing is, as far as a painting goes... it's not great. The perspective and anatomy is weird in ways that aren't as noticeable, but are really amateurish for someone whose supposed to be doing this as a professional.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

What the hell are all those generals looking at? A circular map? A badly-drawn globe? And those borders are incredibly hosed up too.

Nice touch making Ukraine several times the size of plucky little Russia on that map, Rall, really nice touch.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

It's Rall, so I have to ask how much of the map fuckery is him being a lovely person and how much is him being a lovely artist.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Oh ffffffffFFFFFFFF. Ted Rall draws Ukraine with Crimea and the Easterns provinces as Russian.

Is he still published by Sputnik or whatever? Wonder whether that's required for being published in a Russian outlet. Not that fearless truth-teller Rall would ever compromise his artistic vision, of course.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Angepain posted:

Is he still published by Sputnik or whatever? Wonder whether that's required for being published in a Russian outlet. Not that fearless truth-teller Rall would ever compromise his artistic vision, of course.

Didn't they pay for him to go to Russia last year?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

It's Rall, so I have to ask how much of the map fuckery is him being a lovely person and how much is him being a lovely artist.

While it's lovely art, the actual countries are sorta-kinda the right shape, except that Ukraine is missing some territory occupied by Russia at the moment, and Russia either has a weird "object on a sphere" distortion going on, or they've had a large chunk taken out of them by... I unno, China?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Yeah the shape and position of the countries are (a) acceptable by political cartoon standards and (b) incredible by Ted "Non-euclidian" Rall standards

But the status of crimea in his map is notable.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Hang on. What's this?

Ukraine has incredibly managed to carve out some territory within Russia

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Angepain posted:

I can't immediately tell if he does cartoons for them directly (their site's very chaotic), but he's got regular articles for them instead. Check out the latest one:
https://sputniknews.com/author_rall_ted/

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Brawnfire posted:

Their RINO Rhino is really hosed up and smooth as well. They are disturbing characters.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Randalor posted:

While it's lovely art, the actual countries are sorta-kinda the right shape, except that Ukraine is missing some territory occupied by Russia at the moment, and Russia either has a weird "object on a sphere" distortion going on, or they've had a large chunk taken out of them by... I unno, China?

The pink area labelled "RUSS" is the Russian occupied part of Ukraine. The area east of that and Azov Sea is the Russian territory itself.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The way Rall draws guns has led to me collecting examples, and while I'm very annoyed he doesn't seem to tag anything that would make this easier, it really is a funny reminder seeing the comments section confirm that for like 90% of the people listed here we're the only place on the internet that even knows they exist.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Microplastics posted:

Hang on. What's this?

finally, Long Finland

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nenonen posted:

The pink area labelled "RUSS" is the Russian occupied part of Ukraine. The area east of that and Azov Sea is the Russian territory itself.

Oh geez, I didn't even realize that he had Russia and the Russia-occupied part of Ukraine as two separate countries. It doesn't help that he has the Azov Sea a lovely shade of brown instead of, y'know, blue. Then again, he also has the ocean as green with something written on it, so I should have realized.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Microplastics posted:

Hang on. What's this?

Why is the Black Sea a different color from the Sea of Azov? WHY ARE NEITHER OF THEM BLUE?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Speaking of Branco, you know what I haven't seen in his cartoons for a long time now?

Someone holding up a little sign with their opinion on it

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Why is the Black Sea a different color from the Sea of Azov? WHY ARE NEITHER OF THEM BLUE?
Are you sure that's what that is? Because it starts with G, apparently.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: I'm free! The exciting adventures of the adorable tiny radioactive capsule

I am also now a fan of the tiny capsule and it's tiny truck

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

kartikeya posted:

I think, or at least it's the case for me, it's so hard to look at because there's nothing to draw the eye more than anything else, it's just a bunch of flat, grotesque faces smushed next to each other and staring directly at the viewer, each no more and no less attention grabbing than the last, and they're all talking, so there's not even a speech bubble for distraction. At least when Ramirez fills his cartoons full of endless lovely details, they're not all the same.

Who was that cartoonist the thread banned years and years ago because their art was just so hideous? Like he was trying to ape John Kricfalusi but all that meant was a tangled mass of limbs going in every direction

e: Barry!

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 30, 2023

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the sacking of Nadhim Zahawi as Conservative party chair – Rishi Sunak has sacked Zahawi after he was found to have breached the ministerial code by failing to declare the HMRC investigation into his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

‘Hospitals at home’ plan to save NHS

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ai Weiwei on exhibiting 30-year collection from Stone Age tools to Lego bricks

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vib Rib posted:

Are you sure that's what that is? Because it starts with G, apparently.

If it's not the Black Sea did he think that's what Georgia looks like?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Rather than G it might be a smudgy C (because it's at the edge) and the partially visible letter maybe R, so it's a label for CRIMEA.

Or maybe it's a hidden nod to GRRRRAPHICS? :clint:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I am sad to think of what Mayor Lewis’ opinion of Brexit might be, and fearful of how he would look in British Politoons

Kellies nomination: best edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Ken Burns Is Here

Can someone explain the reference being made? Why is it bad that Ken Burns is there? The only thing I know about the guy is that he makes documentaries and that at least one of these documentaries was a deep look into the Civil War and another is about baseball.