Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Yeah, this is immediately what I thought of when I saw Robin Wright + de-aging technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Looking at his IMDB, Cast Away was his last really good film, in 2000. I think the next best would be Flight, which is a very odd movie. It wants to be serious but there are a lot of comedy parts that I feel like tonally don't gel with the story they are trying to tell about a guy who has a serious substance abuse problem.

I still like Beowulf

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Zemeckis became obsessed with technology and forgot how to make a good movie a long time ago. And even then, Forrest Gump gave boomers the feeling that they had been absolved of all their bullshit.

Says a lot that his two biggest movies are swan songs to boomer paradise.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Who is 80 for Brady for?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The age demographic is in the title

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I have nothing against Tomlin and Moreno getting paid but I really hate oldster pandering movies.

Who in the gently caress is still seeing Zemeckis movies at this point?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Iron Crowned posted:

Who is 80 for Brady for?

My 70 year old mom and her church group

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
FTX took 80% From Brady

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I have nothing against Tomlin and Moreno getting paid but I really hate oldster pandering movies.

Where's the line between pandering to old people and making movies they want to see?

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

If they ever did one of these kind of movies where it's a sequel to The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with Dolly going on a road trip to catch up with the Chicken Ranch gals and pulls one over on an Alex Jones kinda outrage merchant along the way I'd be there opening night.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Jane Fonda got paid a lot of money to hang out with her friends. She's got a couple more films coming out this year, but not for a while after that. She and Lily Tomlin with be in Moving On and ... and ... there's a sequel to Book Club coming up. That one's dragging in Diane Keaton and Candice Bergen.

So yes, very much your retired grandma demographic. The type that wears pastel, multi-colored Sketchers and plays pickleball.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution posted:

She said she is taking 2023 off from acting. Instead, she plans to spend six months focused on climate change advocacy in Louisiana and Texas, actively trying to prevent the building of more natural gas terminals.

“We have to stop it,” Fonda said. “It’s a bomb on the environment.” She is ready to protest and be arrested, but she said she can’t hold a candle to her “Grace and Frankie” co-star Martin Sheen on the protest front, who has reportedly been arrested a whopping 66 times.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

live with fruit posted:

Where's the line between pandering to old people and making movies they want to see?

Yeah, this sounds a bit like the complaints about Tyler Perry. Stuff like Last Vegas may be stupid and forgettable but old people are only portrayed as grandparents or dying otherwise.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/realmartymar/status/1620467340239314952?s=46&t=nOoF8mCKWlCKNPNQsyT0LA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Jane Fonda got paid a lot of money to hang out with her friends. She's got a couple more films coming out this year, but not for a while after that. She and Lily Tomlin with be in Moving On and ... and ... there's a sequel to Book Club coming up. That one's dragging in Diane Keaton and Candice Bergen.

So yes, very much your retired grandma demographic. The type that wears pastel, multi-colored Sketchers and plays pickleball.

Good for them :kiddo:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I have never watched a Bad Boy movie

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Time destroys everything.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't have a problem with the oldster pandering, but why Tom Brady? He sucks rear end.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

As an EU citizen opposed to tyranny, I found myself challenged knowing someone got away with producing Mars Needs Moms.

At the very least, Tom Hooper belongs in a gulag for Cats.

to be honest I'd rather see Tom Hooper in a gulag for The Danish Girl but I guess Cats could be his equivalent to Al Capone's tax evasion

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jesus Christ someone please stop this man

He keeps making films with weird CGI poo poo in them that haven’t made any money in ages, why does he keep getting projects funded?

Because the people with the money want the technology to eliminate the power of workers. Replacing actors with a fully owned set of intellectual property is the goal. The labor still required can be paid nothing and treated like garbage because no individual has any power anymore and they believe they can stop any organization of collective power.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

IS Polar Express a "holiday classic"? I have never heard it referred to in a positive way. Hell, even that latest Chip and Dale movie made fun of it!

My parents loved it so much they gave me and my brother DVDs of it for Christmas.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Iron Crowned posted:

My parents loved it so much they gave me and my brother DVDs of it for Christmas.

prepare for 80 for Brady bargain bin blu rays

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Srice posted:

to be honest I'd rather see Tom Hooper in a gulag for The Danish Girl but I guess Cats could be his equivalent to Al Capone's tax evasion

Apart from Scarlett Johansen and that canned film, what other cis actors today are angling for Oscar Gold by pulling the trans act?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bar Crow posted:

Because the people with the money want the technology to eliminate the power of workers. Replacing actors with a fully owned set of intellectual property is the goal. The labor still required can be paid nothing and treated like garbage because no individual has any power anymore and they believe they can stop any organization of collective power.
That’s fine, but it doesn’t mean that they have to get Zemekis to do it

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
Well it's been a week, is the OP for the new thread 100% complete? This will hopefully be the last time I say this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Driftingmouse posted:

Well it's been a week, is the OP for the new thread 100% complete? This will hopefully be the last time I say this.

Yep. It's been ready for three days.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
Well then :justpost: it

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It's been posted. Right over there.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Right in that hole there

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Driftingmouse posted:

Driftingmouse posted:

Well then :justpost: it
You're posting in it right now

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

High Warlord Zog posted:

And after Marwen he did that Witches remake that people didn't care about which made no money and that critically reviled straight-to-streaming Pinnochio reboot for Disney

Don’t forget The Witches is now impossible to watch legally, it was an HBO Max exclusive, and it was part of the first round of poo poo HBO removed from the service.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Don’t forget The Witches is now impossible to watch legally, it was an HBO Max exclusive, and it was part of the first round of poo poo HBO removed from the service.

One of the few positive developments of the Zaslav era, honestly.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse

Rageaholic posted:

You're posting in it right now

I don't see it, this thread is clearly old.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The new thread is up your butt and around the corner

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
Look can somebody just PM the new OP and I will post the new thread?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I've got plenty of other OPs to read on these forums right now, feel free to delay it a bit more so later on I can give it the undivided attention it serves. TY in advance.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
if you reboot your Neuralink, OP, the freshly diffusioned, augmented reality, full self-driving immersize Greenlightened Experience will automatically begin installing.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The new thread is up your butt and around the corner

And that's just the first timer tutorial!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Driftingmouse posted:

Look can somebody just PM the new OP and I will post the new thread?

This is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If this thread is now in the middle of some weird new type of internet advertising for a new Waiting for Godot remake, I don't like it. :colbert: