Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Do Costco memberships work internationally? I can't log into the US Costco site with my Costco Australia credentials.

I'm now worried that I may not be able to access Costco when I'm in the US!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You are one of gods chosen no matter which country you are in.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Blue Moonlight posted:

Are you in California? Apparently the packaging of Kerrygold butter ran afoul of a new hazardous chemical law. Here’s an article about it. It’s supposedly going to take a bit to get back up to speed. Apparently something similar is happening on New York as well.

I am and... ok that makes sense and is a bit surprising. I will hold out with my regular kirkland butter and await the return. My toast thanks you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i let a box of kerrygold go bad years ago and this is punishment

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

Kirkland "Super Premium" Vanilla Ice Cream

Disappointing, if you call something super premium I'm expecting at least Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs level of density. But I guess they took out the air and replaced it with some filler that has the consistency of melted bubblegum or low-viscosity Silly Putty.

For the $15 we would have been better off with three tubs of Breyers, honestly.

It might be regional because our super premium is I think Tillamook

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The PFAS coated butter is more spreadable due to the sleek non-stick coating! Thanks again, Uncle Sam?

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

yoloer420 posted:

Do Costco memberships work internationally? I can't log into the US Costco site with my Costco Australia credentials.

It works. I was able to use my Korean one when I was visiting the US a few years ago. They can’t scan it, but just explain and they’ll let you use it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

How have you not returned it yet?

Well, I got it at 17:30 on a Sunday for one thing. My boyfriend did agree that it’s more of a gummy soft-serve than usual super-premium but he finds it acceptable because it’s still ice cream. It seems to have a lot of eggs in it too but so does gelato and that doesn’t act like this. I’m thinking they’ll just refund me if I complain without them needing their tub of half melted goo back.

As to it being regional, mine says “Real California Milk” on it which Google says means it’s from “Humboldt Creamery”, so there you go.

We loved the street taco kit last time so my bf had us get the gyros kit this time, I had my reservations that it would be slimy upon reheating the meat and yeah it was kinda a grease pool, but drat if the tzatziki sauce didn’t fix everything. Extremely filling.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

yoloer420 posted:

The whole reason I renewed my US card was to go to the Costco in Iceland while on vacation and it worked perfectly, they’re supposed to work everywhere.

Iceland’s food court is 10 times better, they have a barbecue chicken combo slice, cheeseburger, and gelato. Tried them all, two thumbs way up.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

The whole reason I renewed my US card was to go to the Costco in Iceland while on vacation and it worked perfectly, they’re supposed to work everywhere.

Iceland’s food court is 10 times better, they have a barbecue chicken combo slice, cheeseburger, and gelato. Tried them all, two thumbs way up.

what the gently caress

why does our food court have to suck rear end

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
we dont deserve nice things

im just glad they brought back the churro, even if in diminished form

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

i want to like the churro but their quality quickly diminishes within minutes of being put on the display. god forbid you get the last one in the batch

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The cheeseburger wasn't very good back when they had them in the US

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
My main Costco had scan guns on each self checkout when they first rolled those lanes out and then a few months later they disappeared and added an extra person to the area to sign the top of receipts and do the scanning for you. No trust.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

drat I don't think my Costco carries water softener salt

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

You gotta order it by the pallet

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Action Serious posted:

My main Costco had scan guns on each self checkout when they first rolled those lanes out and then a few months later they disappeared and added an extra person to the area to sign the top of receipts and do the scanning for you. No trust.

That's weird, mine checks the receipt on the way out no matter what type of checkout you do. So it doesn't matter if you try to not scan something, they'll notice. I once forgot to scan something and had to go to customer service to pay for it.

Though I've never bought once of those massive heaping carts, maybe you can hide stuff in those

For whoever asked where I was re: scan guns being present. Central Texas

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Resdfru posted:

guns being present. Central Texas
:thunk:

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Resdfru posted:

That's weird, mine checks the receipt on the way out no matter what type of checkout you do. So it doesn't matter if you try to not scan something, they'll notice. I once forgot to scan something and had to go to customer service to pay for it.

Though I've never bought once of those massive heaping carts, maybe you can hide stuff in those

For whoever asked where I was re: scan guns being present. Central Texas

They still check the receipt on the way out too. It’s overkill.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

In mine it's in the very back corner, near the paper towels and bottled waters.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

In mine it's in the very back corner, near the paper towels and bottled waters.

Yeah I'm making a trip today and checked online, hoping it's just there and their website is wonky

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

A US Costco membership still works in Texas?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

Anyone have one of those Kirkland Stearns & Foster mattresses? What are your thoughts? Is it at least less of a rip-off than every other mattress seems to be? Been waking up with aches and pains for awhile and figured it was all downhill from here. That is until I spent the other night in a hotel and realized this dumbass tuft and needle is what’s aging poorly.

Such a disappointing piece of garbage. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Tuft & Needle.

I have an S&F mattress, but I got it at a regular mattress store. We actually showed the cheaper Costco model to the salesman to negotiate a better price on ours. It's been great for about a year so far, but it's hard to judge a mattress in that little time.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

heavy liquid posted:

I don't think I've ever seen this at Costco before, so I picked it up this morning, and it's actually pretty good. Still probably prefer Win Schulers if I had to choose, but this is also good. Has a tiny bit of heat, but not nearly as much as I was hoping.

They were doing samples yesterday of this. poo poo is GOOOOOD.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

A US Costco membership still works in Texas?

Negatory. But I think it’s because I am not Texan. Also, a minority.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

heavy liquid posted:

I don't think I've ever seen this at Costco before, so I picked it up this morning, and it's actually pretty good. Still probably prefer Win Schulers if I had to choose, but this is also good. Has a tiny bit of heat, but not nearly as much as I was hoping.

can confirm this company's spready cheese is legit

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress now i want to buy soem spreads but what do i spread it on

Mr.Acula posted:

Chinatown's butthole

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

mds2 posted:

They were doing samples yesterday of this. poo poo is GOOOOOD.

Weird I didn't see it at COSTCO yesterday when I went to COSTCO

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How much does the 2 pounds of beer cheese cost

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Cash money and maybe a heart valve?

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
my home depot self checkout experience has been 75% bad, 25% smooth as hell. on the bad ones, it's been problems with items not scanning, items coming up with the wrong price, or being pushed to self checkout by the employee directing register traffic despite me clearly holding spray paint.

my costco doesn't have the scanner guns so i almost never use self checkout. instead i place everything in the cart with barcodes up so the cashier scans everything in 5 seconds without any effort. quick and beautiful when it works out nicely

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Can't find it again but the Gong Cha Classic Milk Tea instants are some of the best I've ever found, including several actual milk tea shops.

The box says 2.8 oz water per packet but that's like syrup so I use 6oz out of a Keurig.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Dentist posted:

Weird I didn't see it at COSTCO yesterday when I went to COSTCO

You know what I hate, the self-checkout robot voice says “Thank you for shopping at Cost Co” like even with a pause between both syllables.

It’s pronounced Cosco ffs

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Zero VGS posted:

You know what I hate, the self-checkout robot voice says “Thank you for shopping at Cost Co” like even with a pause between both syllables.

No

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Zero VGS posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Zero VGS posted:

oh dear

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Douche4Sale posted:

They really need the scanner guns that you can use yourself like at Home Depot and Lowes. Too many large bulky items to take in and out of my cart.

Does seem weird to me. When you have to pick something heavy or big up to scan it, the voice says "Please do not put it on the scale, it's too heavy :(" but I do it anyway. If you don't want me to put it on your scale and break it, then put scanner guns out.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

it was $7.69 for me (nice)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Zero VGS posted:

Kirkland "Super Premium" Vanilla Ice Cream

Disappointing, if you call something super premium I'm expecting at least Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs level of density. But I guess they took out the air and replaced it with some filler that has the consistency of melted bubblegum or low-viscosity Silly Putty.

For the $15 we would have been better off with three tubs of Breyers, honestly.

Maybe they changed the recipe but that is some of the best premium ice cream I've ever had - extremely dense, rich, and delicious. It's got a few gums like any mass-produced product but it's worlds better than Breyers or any of that garbage. Easily outclasses Ben & Jerry's and Haagen-Daaz imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRGPhDg1/