Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/1621493117043019777

Good breakdown from The Athletic just how drastically the reduced intra-division games this year will change some team's schedules and amount of time traveling.

RIP Mariners' hopes and dreams. At least they were able to end the drought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

General Bullshit posted:

Interleague sucks so much. Who wants to watch the Tigers play the Marlins?
When they have good players, me. When they don't I don't all of the sudden want to see them 20 times a year either

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

live with fruit posted:

RIP Mariners' hopes and dreams. At least they were able to end the drought.

The Mariners are going to win the World Series. There will be garlic fries for all.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shine posted:

The Mariners are going to win the World Series. There will be garlic fries for all.

inshallah

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shine posted:

With all the power moves the Padres have been making, fate forces me to agree with you.

The Dads will be the only MLB team without a ring.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Admiral Joeslop posted:

With all the power moves the Padres have been making, fate forces me to agree with you.

Brewers

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Admiral Joeslop posted:

They won’t even be the only team in their own division without a ring

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Joey Votto decided to dress up and show up at Annex again

https://twitter.com/ktmob_/status/1622795524817448962?s=20&t=PqphzAWwUGCMVpj8J6pbUA

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Votto's the absolute best, the game will be a little less special whenever he decides to retire

Selfishly I hope he gets into coaching so he can still grace MLB with his presence, but he seems like the kind of guy who doesn't need baseball to be happy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I appreciate that he's been rocking the dope fots at chess night so there's something to talk about besides him getting beaten by 10 year olds in 8 minutes

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

zoux posted:

How many guys am I expected to know about? It’s too many

This is my main complaint tbh, I liked being able to just know a LOT about the NL Central and not worry as much about the rest. But I will adapt.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

camoseven posted:

This is my main complaint tbh, I liked being able to just know a LOT about the NL Central and not worry as much about the rest. But I will adapt.

it's gonna be really exciting to find out where guys go when they leave the division. Like maybe John Jaso stopped sailing around the world and has been a Ranger for three years. Until now there was no way to know.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1622942249188294657

What is happening?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marlins and Rays owners concerned about Floridians learning about fun, exciting baseball

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LOL I want to see APH defend florida from this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: nevermind twitter just wasn't loading at all for me for a few minutes for some reason

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Marlins and Rays owners concerned about Floridians learning about fun, exciting baseball

So they censor the Pirates?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So they censor the Pirates?

Too many hard R's

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

General Bullshit posted:

Interleague sucks so much.

I don't like the schedule changes at all. Like I know why they did it but I still don't like it.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

I have literally turned into old man yelling at cloud

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

AlbertFlasher posted:

I have literally turned into old man yelling at cloud

Welcome to the club! We meet up for dinner every Tuesday at 4pm sharp

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AlbertFlasher posted:

I don't like the schedule changes at all. Like I know why they did it but I still don't like it.

it's not like the unbalanced schedule is some part of baseball history... it's only been around for like 15 or so years... You enjoy your team playing the last place team in your division 19 times?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

camoseven posted:

I'll be there!

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

it's not like the unbalanced schedule is some part of baseball history... it's only been around for like 15 or so years... You enjoy your team playing the last place team in your division 19 times?

It's more that I like division play to matter more than other games. Those are the teams you are trying to beat to make the playoffs so they really should matter more. I know I am biased because the Jays play 19 games against the Yankees and Red Sox but still.

Old man rant:

So now we have more wild card spots and more teams going to the playoffs which further erodes the importance of the 162 regular season games and then on top of it you have less division games which further erodes the importance of divisional play.

I don't like it at all. The regular season should matter and divisional games are and should be an important part of it.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

camoseven posted:

Ads on the uniforms have me legit :argh: at MLB

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Votto’s mixtape is gonna be so nice, tracks like:

Call Your Mother Often
Xmas Gifts For the Garbage Collector
Don’t Cut In the Checkout Lane

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

AlbertFlasher posted:

It's more that I like division play to matter more than other games. Those are the teams you are trying to beat to make the playoffs so they really should matter more. I know I am biased because the Jays play 19 games against the Yankees and Red Sox but still.

Old man rant:

So now we have more wild card spots and more teams going to the playoffs which further erodes the importance of the 162 regular season games and then on top of it you have less division games which further erodes the importance of divisional play.

I don't like it at all. The regular season should matter and divisional games are and should be an important part of it.

It's also extremely stupid the Phillies and Orioles are 1.5 hrs away and only play every couple years.

The more balanced schedule is great for the fans so they can see their team play all the stars and also competitive reasons because some divisions are stacked and some are not

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some highly cursed divisions here
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1623015440153776154

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I have no earthly idea why The Athletic / NYT continues to give Jim Bowden money. He is a moron.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As you say

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Timby posted:

I have no earthly idea why The Athletic / NYT continues to give Jim Bowden money. He is a moron.

How are you going to call the Reds and Guardians North when literally every Midwest team is north of them?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is there an inkling of expansion to Charlotte and Nashville or are those throwins to make it work geographically

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Timby posted:

Do dumb people like him? Is he considered a draw to the non-learned sports consumers here?

I have never seen a positive reply to him in the app. It's all people dunking on him for being a shill/hack writer who hasn't watched baseball since he left it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Is there an inkling of expansion to Charlotte and Nashville or are those throwins to make it work geographically

Well, Bob says
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1612511040750911488

Forrest on Fire posted:

Do dumb people like him? Is he considered a draw to the non-learned sports consumers here?

I have never seen a positive reply to him in the app. It's all people dunking on him for being a shill/hack writer who hasn't watched baseball since he left it

People clicking on and sharing articles to dunk on them are indistinguishable form people clicking on and sharing articles because they are really good or interesting. And bad dunkable articles are an infinite resource, and much easier to create.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Still very funny to me that anyone would look over Mattingly’s body of work and conclude, yes, that’s who I want representing my new team.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Among the many things I hate is the Eastern/Western split. 4 divisions of 4 teams in the AL and NL is so much more palatable

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

But he's Donnie BASEBALL. It's right there in his nickname!

Relatedly, Mike Trout has an astrophysics seat waiting for him after retirement, and both Pujols and Berríos are engineers by trade.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

There's no straight shot to Charlotte; the Charlotte Knights have a AAAA-level stadium, relatively recently built, and the White Sox would throw a loving fit if MLB expanded there (since Charlotte's their wholly owned AAA affiliate).

And Jerry Reinsdorf hates Rob Manfred.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cubs/Cardinals no longer in the same division

Giants/Dodgers no longer in the same division

Braves/Mets no longer in the same division

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Famous Pacific and Coastal city, Denver Colorado.