Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Searched the play by play

3rd quarter, 4:24 left, 1st and 10, Eagles 20: Lawrence Cager sacked by Kyzir White for -2 yards

1st quarter, 0:06 left, 4th and 8, Eagles 29: Jamie Gillan sacked by Zech McPhearson for -11 yards

Now I'm watching the end of a compilation video of Eagles sacks.

Gillan was a fake FG attempt, Kager was a shotgun sweep with an attempted toss back to Daniel Jones, but it was blown up, so Cager tried to tuck and run.

You have no idea how much I am paid per hour to do this instead of working.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Strobe posted:

Someone post the list of QBs they played again

What I greatly enjoy about this argument is that it damns the rest of the NFC East with it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just want to remind people that the Chiefs defense was second in sacks it's not like the team is Mahomes and nobody else.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

The best stuff was all of the Goose stories I'd never heard before, which I'm sure was a focus for the production team. Probably some stuff they might have cut out or other players they would've focused on more heavily if not for his passing.

Not the worst thing to play in the background, although Billick and Dilfer are incredibly grating.

Really they should have done a documentary on Siragusa himself. Maybe they would have done that if they'd known he was going to die. But the guy's career was pretty interesting especially how it began. From what I know he was a locally known player in high school and also a very good college player at Pittsburgh. But there were concerns about his physical health which was very briefly mentioned in the documentary but not gone into, so nobody even drafted him. He couldn't even get signed as a UDFA. But what he did was he came up with some story that he was an experienced longsnapper and found some people to lie for him to back him up so the Colts signed him on as a UDFA longsnapper. And by the next year he was a starting defensive tackle and became one of the top NFL nose tackles. I would have liked to hear more about this.

He also apparently loved coach Ted Marchibroda and one time Bob Irsay fired him or threatened to fire him and Siragusa kind of led the charge to get him reinstated or something like that.

So that sort of stuff plus all the stories they told in this Ravens one they could have made a documentary on him. But now they can't do that at least not using his own current commentary.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Eagles have pretty much the greatest o-line of the recent past. Really curious if the Chiefs will be able to generate more pressure than teams like Dallas and SF were able to, which is almost none.

Obviously the eagles are stacked with talent everywhere but I do appreciate how concretely their performance demonstrates the value of a dominant oline

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes or Marino rifle that ball to the open receiver without even planting their feet.

Speaking of which, Marino had no problems throwing 50 TDs in the old era, maybe you should just suck less Dilfer.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

kiimo posted:

Speaking of which, Marino had no problems throwing 50 TDs in the old era, maybe you should just suck less Dilfer.

He didn't say he was better than them just sort of trying to say he thought defensive play was more impressive than offensive. He admits he was a bad QB.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If I were a bad QB I probably wouldn't criticize good ones.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If I were a bad QB I probably wouldn't criticize good ones.

You are a bad qb.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I guess my point is gently caress Trent Dilfer and his stupid thumb head and that pass looked like he was playing 500 with the guys on the sideline

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know he was consistently rated as one of the worst guys on NFL Broadcasts, but Goose was always fun to listen to during a bad game. I will always remember one game in December he stayed on the sidelines for a quarter and then got let into the booth and refused to leave cause it was too cold.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

$215k / year

I appreciate your football service

I appreciate your labor praxis

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Dilfers biggest problem is he’s just like us in that he’s only saw good QB on TV so how would he even know

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Quiet Feet posted:

What I greatly enjoy about this argument is that it damns the rest of the NFC East with it.

Lmao I didn't think about that at all but having 32 out of 78 sacks be against the rest of the NFC East is hilarious.

Outside the NFC East the Eagles are putting up 3.8 sacks a game and while that's still pretty drat good it's not The Most Ever good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Strobe posted:

Lmao I didn't think about that at all but having 32 out of 78 sacks be against the rest of the NFC East is hilarious.

Outside the NFC East the Eagles are putting up 3.8 sacks a game and while that's still pretty drat good it's not The Most Ever good.

The fact that Cooper Rush is the only person they couldn't sack is even more funny. All six sacks against Dak came in one game (that Dallas won).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Dilfers biggest problem is he’s just like us in that he’s only saw good QB on TV so how would he even know

He stood on a sideline next to guys like Matt Hasselbeck and Alex Smith!

Also Charlie Frye, Shaun Hill, Chris Weinke, and Craig Erickson.

Nov 6, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

You are a bad qb.

we don't know that for sure

put me in coach

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

2 months ago a neighbor's child threw me his football wanting to play catch and i successfully threw it to him a good 12 yards down the street while eh was running away. i was scared to wait and try to throw it farther. i threw it one more time and he had to dig it out of the ground to catch it. but that's better than trent dilfer in my opinion

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Really they should have done a documentary on Siragusa himself. Maybe they would have done that if they'd known he was going to die. But the guy's career was pretty interesting especially how it began. From what I know he was a locally known player in high school and also a very good college player at Pittsburgh. But there were concerns about his physical health which was very briefly mentioned in the documentary but not gone into, so nobody even drafted him. He couldn't even get signed as a UDFA. But what he did was he came up with some story that he was an experienced longsnapper and found some people to lie for him to back him up so the Colts signed him on as a UDFA longsnapper. And by the next year he was a starting defensive tackle and became one of the top NFL nose tackles. I would have liked to hear more about this.

He also apparently loved coach Ted Marchibroda and one time Bob Irsay fired him or threatened to fire him and Siragusa kind of led the charge to get him reinstated or something like that.

So that sort of stuff plus all the stories they told in this Ravens one they could have made a documentary on him. But now they can't do that at least not using his own current commentary.

Maybe combine it with a documentary on Arty Donovan also. That's a dude I did not expect to live as long as he did. Both dudes were real larger than life characters. I think I or my dad have his book Fatso laying around somewhere.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Strobe posted:

Someone post the list of QBs they played again

Again, all the bad QBs was still a harder schedule than the Chiefs played

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

who the chiefs sacked this year:

10 Wilson
7 Herbert
7 Lawrence
6 Burrow
6 Stidham
5 Jimmy G
5 Matt Ryan
3 Bryce Perkins
3 Malik Willis
2 Murray
2 Carr
2 Geno Smith
1 Brady
1 Josh Allen
1 Jeff Driskel
0 Davis Mills

Looks like a way better list then who the Eagles played IMO.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dalessandro's bitch

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/kweags/status/1622788720633036800

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:wow:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Searched the play by play

3rd quarter, 4:24 left, 1st and 10, Eagles 20: Lawrence Cager sacked by Kyzir White for -2 yards

1st quarter, 0:06 left, 4th and 8, Eagles 29: Jamie Gillan sacked by Zech McPhearson for -11 yards

Now I'm watching the end of a compilation video of Eagles sacks.

Gillan was a fake FG attempt, Kager was a shotgun sweep with an attempted toss back to Daniel Jones, but it was blown up, so Cager tried to tuck and run.

I had to go look up who the gently caress Jamie Gillan is and well

"Jamie Gillan, nicknamed the Scottish Hammer, is a Scottish professional American football punter for the New York Giants". And yeah the sack was a fake FG that totally failed, resulting in him (the punter) running around for a huge loss

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

10 Wilson
7 Herbert
7 Lawrence
6 Burrow
6 Stidham
5 Jimmy G
5 Matt Ryan
3 Bryce Perkins
3 Malik Willis
2 Murray
2 Carr
2 Geno Smith
1 Brady
1 Josh Allen
1 Jeff Driskel
0 Davis Mills

Better QBs but almost exclusively worse o-lines

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Aaron needs 4 days in complete darkness to practice his art of contemplation

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1623043972406054912

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I need a week of peyote and enemas before going to Florham Park, NJ

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How does the toilet situation work, like do they just have a corner of the dark room designated for him to pee in?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Again, all the bad QBs was still a harder schedule than the Chiefs played

I don't really care about comparing the Eagles D-Line to the Chiefs D-Line. It's just really hard to look at that list of QBs they played and not see a long list of QBs that eat more sacks than they should (because they're bad).

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kalli posted:

10 Wilson
7 Herbert
7 Lawrence
6 Burrow
6 Stidham
5 Jimmy G
5 Matt Ryan
3 Bryce Perkins
3 Malik Willis
2 Murray
2 Carr
2 Geno Smith
1 Brady
1 Josh Allen
1 Jeff Driskel
0 Davis Mills

My thought process upon seeing 10 Wilson: lol how’d I forget the game where zach wilson got sacked ten times, duh division, russ also sucks lol. Then brief, fleeting concerns about the broncos w/Payton.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 7, 2023

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

10 Wilson
7 Herbert
7 Lawrence
6 Burrow
6 Stidham
5 Jimmy G
5 Matt Ryan
3 Bryce Perkins
3 Malik Willis
2 Murray
2 Carr
2 Geno Smith
1 Brady
1 Josh Allen
1 Jeff Driskel
0 Davis Mills

Ok but note how badly they did sacking the good qbs minus Herbie who plays offense behind a layer of paper towels

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I suspect the Chiefs and Eagles are both pretty good at rushing the passer (the Eagles obviously are to me, NFC East or not) but the Chiefs need to blitz more to get there unless Chris Jones is going off.

That's like Spags' whole thing, so it's by design for better or worse.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Ok but note how badly they did sacking the good qbs minus Herbie who plays offense behind a layer of paper towels

idk your opinion of Lawrence but that was 3.5 a game and burrow 3/g, discounting poor herbie’s similar performance

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Pontius Pilate posted:

idk your opinion of Lawrence but that was 3.5 a game and burrow 3/g, discounting poor herbie’s similar performance

Lawrence and Burrow both did not have great o-lines for those playoff matches.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I think the first game when Slater played, Herbert only got sacked once. Or maybe twice after he got his ribs shattered

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Chiefs need to blitz more to get there unless Chris Jones is going off.

That's like Spags' whole thing, so it's by design for better or worse.

yeah this is why i'm confident in the eagles offense. the KC lineman i don't think can get there on their own, so attacking them when they blitz with RPO stuff and/or quick hits to the big YAC guys (especially AJ and Dallas) and/or designed handoffs away from the blitzes should result in some GAINZZZZ

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Saints beat the Eagles this year. Therefore I believe Kansas City will win 438-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So gentrified solitary confinement then.