Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Fi is just, not having a good time huh

edit:

Did anyone else notice that is not actually the Shiekah Slate

Yeah, that’s a Switch in a fun case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

blastron posted:

Yeah, that’s a Switch in a fun case.

Yeah it's literally a Sheikah Switch, lol.

Also Zelda will die in this one and her spirit/soul/chakra/whatever will be absorbed into Link's arm. Game ends with Zelda Arm being forced to seal Ganondorf away at the end again. That slow, melancholic version of her theme in all the trailers so far has me convinced she dies.

Link escapes with the Sheikah Switch but unfortunately can't play it due to only having one arm again.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

External Organs posted:

Robot fist goes there.

Really hope Link gets to punch things with his weird robot arm.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Frankston posted:

Yeah it's literally a Sheikah Switch, lol.

Also Zelda will die in this one and her spirit/soul/chakra/whatever will be absorbed into Link's arm. Game ends with Zelda Arm being forced to seal Ganondorf away at the end again. That slow, melancholic version of her theme in all the trailers so far has me convinced she dies.

Link escapes with the Sheikah Switch but unfortunately can't play it due to only having one arm again.

The arm he's reaching out to catch her with is the one that gets blasted, right? Presuming that's the moment before the blasting itself, maybe Zelda is caught up in that?

It seems from the trailer there's a chunk of game where Link has his limbs in tact though, but who knows, that could all be during this game's version of the plateu.

Edit: Oh wait his arm is all black when he jumps ooops

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
so, matt mercer certainly was a choice for ganondorf. i may be switching my language over to japanese this run depending on how much on screen presence he has. The japanese voice actor is much, much better, he sounds like an old samurai - he uses the same slightly archaic phrasing that he did in wind waker, which gets a little lost in translation.

Augus posted:

I appreciate that the developers saw all the crazy contraptions people were making by exploiting the physics and decided to turn that into its own mechanic
its great and i sincerely hope that they either let you do windbombs again, or, have an upgrade for the bombs that is functionally the same as windbombing

i love to boomie and zoomie

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hope that instead of having a big ol' secret combat trial they have a nightmare platforming/traversal challenge that uses every dirty trick and physics exploit to get Link somewhere completely stupid.
Like a Celeste level except instead of frame perfect reverse wavedashes to dance through spike traps, it's Link using Stasis and Magnesia to engineer crimes against inertia and yeet his rear end to the moon.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Man I do actually hope they go a little Banjo Kazooie Nut's and Bolts though. Ironically I never actually played the originals, and I just liked making my own vehicles (like seriously I hope they make another of those sometime).

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

'Mum said it's my turn to use the iPad'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WarpDogs posted:

Yeah, absolutely. One of the shots, where Link is controlling that giant hoverboard looking thing in the sky, was immediately evocative of the wild flying machines people made in BotW

"hey we canonized all the insane emergent poo poo you guys did in our last game" is one of those things I didn't even know I wanted from TotK until I saw it

I sincerely love when developers see people do poo poo like that and decide to iterate on it, rather than go "NO FUN ALLOWED! ONLY FUN OUR WAY!"

I wasn't expecting Nintendo to decide to lean fully into the "Link can become a flying physics-defiling chaos gremlin" aspect of BoTW players, but goddamn am I here for it :allears:.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rhonne posted:

Pretty sure it is, which would make this the first time he's played Ganon since the "There Will Be Brawl" fan films

Where, behind Pearl of the Crystal Gems?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Are we sure its ganon, sounded like the king being evil to me

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I mean it spoke during the Blood Moon returning in the trailer. It’s probably like 95% Gannon but who knows for sure.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Kargroks, they're in WW and TP

Aren't those birds though? These are straight up very bat-like. Of course the series has drastically changed enemies numerous times...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has it been mentioned that the master sword looks like it's corroded and broken in the trailer?

Curious to see what they do with mummified Ganondorf.

In the delay announcement video there's a clip of it completely shattered nearly down to the hilt.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/OnTheDownLoTho/status/1623478181565956097?t=bRDMM3rWgyn_nd-XP0kTJw&s=19

If you can build these rails... gently caress why bother with another video game again

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just continually amazed that Hyrule, facing certain doom, once again calls on its hero to take up arms. And he does... eventually. Only after building a bunch of coolguy railroads, racing cars he makes from the guts of enemies, and wandering around digging up seeds.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I really hope the game starts on the ground and then gives an extremely open objective to reach the sky, in the same manner as "defeat Ganon". You might not get to the sky until hours into the game, and it's by one of a whole bunch of possible methods. Maybe you happen across an ability like that time manipulation that allows you to hitch a ride on a reversed-time fallen rock, or manage to find enough propellors or whatever to cobble together the flying platform in that video.

Also, I do increasingly wonder if there's going to be two separate time periods, OOT style. Normal-looking Link in one and Toga Link in the other.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

- HERE I AM

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Link is collecting vehicle parts, then gluing them to random items to make cars and helicopters.

Tears of the Kingdom is going to be Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts 2. Hell yeah.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Methinks there's a new big bad on the scene (maybe Hestu) and Link and Zelda specifically try to resurrect Ganondorf to help combat it.

"Lend him your power" - Zelda to Ganondorf referring to his triforce of power.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Minish Cap is literally the only Zelda game I never beat, and last week I was considering emulating it on my switch. I started another game of Windwaker the other day but this will be a much better use of my time until TotK.

Will be cool to play the Oracle games again too when they come out.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Frankston posted:

Methinks there's a new big bad on the scene (maybe Hestu) and Link and Zelda specifically try to resurrect Ganondorf to help combat it.

Stop it. I want that so bad and I know they won't.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s the Dragon Boss from Zelda 1

:eyepop:

field bosses... gonna need to see miyamotos elden ring stats.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MokBa posted:

Aren't those birds though? These are straight up very bat-like. Of course the series has drastically changed enemies numerous times...

The wings on the TP ones are pretty batty:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Frankston posted:

That slow, melancholic version of her theme in all the trailers so far has me convinced she dies.

Hell, the subtitle at the end of the 2021 trailer when this music plays literally describes it as an “orchestral dirge”

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Runcible Cat posted:

The wings on the TP ones are pretty batty:

Though those flying things seem more like fishfrogbats now I've had a proper look at them...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Holding out hope for a Tingle reveal some time closer to release

Bless Tingle, the Forest Sage

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Shoehead posted:

Holding out hope for a Tingle reveal some time closer to release

"Please, lend him your power"
*mountains of rupees begin cascading at Link from offscreen*

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

CE is up on GameStop

https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...tch/390784.html

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Either I've broken out of my collector brain, or 130 is just too much for that.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Cojawfee posted:

Either I've broken out of my collector brain, or 130 is just too much for that.

you're not wrong. BotW Master Edition was a much better value. This is a money grab for those diehard Zelda fans (like me :sigh:)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Frankston posted:

This is spoken to Link as part of Zelda's heel-turn, revealing that she has been an acolyte of Ganondorf all this time and the events of Breath of the Wild were actually meant to free him from the control of Malice.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ytlaya posted:

This is spoken to Link as part of Zelda's heel-turn, revealing that she has been an acolyte of Ganondorf all this time and the events of Breath of the Wild were actually meant to free him from the control of Malice.

She's speaking to the players. We have to lend him our energy for the Spirit Bomb Attack.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, $130 seems a bit much given that the only part of it I'd use beyond "look through once, place on bookshelf for the rest of eternity" would be the metal game case

I did pre-order the regular edition though :)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Press B to lend your power

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Comrade Fakename posted:

I really hope the game starts on the ground and then gives an extremely open objective to reach the sky, in the same manner as "defeat Ganon". You might not get to the sky until hours into the game, and it's by one of a whole bunch of possible methods. Maybe you happen across an ability like that time manipulation that allows you to hitch a ride on a reversed-time fallen rock, or manage to find enough propellors or whatever to cobble together the flying platform in that video.

my new insane theory, which came to me on my nightly walk, is that the ultimate goal is to reach the moon. points in the favor:

- blood moon, maybe that's where calamity originally comes from
- a focus on building vehicles, culminating in the ultimate vehicle: a multistage rocket are capable of attaining escape velocity from Hyrule
- homage to Majora's Mask which, like TotK, is a direct sequel and includes reused assets
-- the moon shedding a tear upon the kingdom is a major plot point of MM
- it'd rule

anyway, now I'm picturing the game starting with the "Reach the sky" objective, and then around the 4/5th mark it pans up even more, settles on the moon, and changes to "Ascend"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mahoning posted:

Press B to lend your power

Booya! Booya! Booya! Booya! Booya! :hellyeah:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't wait to install MechRob and use that to pilot my rocket to the blood moon.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

WarpDogs posted:

my new insane theory, which came to me on my nightly walk, is that the ultimate goal is to reach the moon. points in the favor:

- a focus on building vehicles, culminating in the ultimate vehicle: a multistage rocket are capable of attaining escape velocity from Hyrule
- homage to Majora's Mask which, like TotK, is a direct sequel and includes reused assets
- it'd rule

anyway, now I'm picturing the game starting with the "Reach the sky" objective, and then around the 4/5th mark it pans up even more, settles on the moon, and changes to "Ascend"

This fucks, yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

- it'd rule

The Legend of Zelda Odyssey