Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

mycatscrimes posted:

Weird reindeer water dragon with human hands? Love it.

Corrin was a qilin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

CharlestonJew posted:

My main arguments for making Louis a General instead of Great Knight

- Immunity from weapon triangle means he’ll always counter and his strength growths are good enough that he’ll make it hurt
- I’m not sure what the GK class skill is but Swap was super useful in my play through, whether to get another unit out of danger or give another unit just one extra move that they needed to make a key play

Great Knight’s skill is a flat damage reduction that’s dependent on positioning. Very good, but situational.

Swap probably needs Boots and/or Sigurd to be really useful but I did give Louis Boots and I find a use for Swap almost every single turn.

RME posted:

I can probably count the number of times I’ve used reposition from Ike on one hand but every time I have it’s felt cool which is pretty good for a skill you can get for 200 sp (although I’ve just used it from the freebie from emblem equip)

Yeah Reposition is awesome as well.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

GateOfD posted:

thinking about it, now realizing the power of backup.
poison should really help boost that stuff up too.

but don't think a backup emblem dagger user will apply stacks with their backup attack since it seems all flat damage bonus

A dagger user will apply poison on chain attacks but the only way to chain attack with daggers is to put Lucina on a Thief or Wolf Knight. It is one of the better uses of Lucina, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1623500406868545537

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

WrightOfWay posted:

A dagger user will apply poison on chain attacks but the only way to chain attack with daggers is to put Lucina on a Thief or Wolf Knight. It is one of the better uses of Lucina, though.

Or Veyle.

Or New Future DLC Class Enchanter, presumably.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, and Corrin is a nonstandard, alien looking take on a qilin. Nothing in the traditional depiction of a qilin called for no face and human hands, but they went for it. And that's great! Interesting creature design is something Fates did well.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

GOTY

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Beat chapter 22

:wow:

Was not ready for Dragon Jesus Resurrection with Alear dying 'for real' after being resummoned as a corrupted, and only came back with enough life force to reawaken the rings.
And then the emblems reviving him again by making him an actual Emblem. The FIRE EMBLEM (they said the name!) *roll curtains*

He looks really good as Super Blue Alear with the white clothes, seemingly representing he's full divine now, but then in-game he's back with the red/blue hair and old clothes...guess its just his emblem form. But good constant ramping up as the final chapters are coming up. Enjoying it.

I benched Alfred early on, but he really tries to stay part of the plot. He seems like he really wanted to take a swing at corrupted Alear and was disappointed he never got the chance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alfred is just desperate not to be overshadowed by his far superior sister

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ImpAtom posted:

Alfred is just desperate not to be overshadowed by his far superior sister

Celine is one of the first characters I benched. Being a generalist doesn’t work well in fire emblem usually and it definitely doesn’t make her stand out. Her luck focus doesn’t help her much until you get Byleth considerably later and her early supports are really rote and same-y.

I will say her A support with Alfred is one of my favorites in the series though.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The game really front loaded all the lame characters. Chloe and Louis are alright but need someone to bounce off of, and the early crew isn’t that. It’s not really till Elusia and Solm that you really start getting the fun people.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Celine suffers from a lot of her supports with early characters start similarly and all her cooler supports come with the later characters. Really like her one with Fogado.

E: 'Suffers' is maybe the wrong word. Its just kind of a shame

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

Celine is one of the first characters I benched. Being a generalist doesn’t work well in fire emblem usually and it definitely doesn’t make her stand out. Her luck focus doesn’t help her much until you get Byleth considerably later and her early supports are really rote and same-y.

I will say her A support with Alfred is one of my favorites in the series though.

Her dress is the poofiest though?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm sure she can go around looking like a cantaloupe just fine on her own time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Draxion posted:

I'm sure she can go around looking like a cantaloupe just fine on her own time

Poofy dresses are the most powerful. Thems the rules, sorry.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
shoutout to diamant for crashing the game right at the end of hector's map, forcing me to go through the entire thing all over again :suicide:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

galagazombie posted:

The game really front loaded all the lame characters. Chloe and Louis are alright but need someone to bounce off of, and the early crew isn’t that. It’s not really till Elusia and Solm that you really start getting the fun people.

Alfred and Celine are both incredibly fun in a lot of their supports and Yunaka is one of the earliest characters you get.

I'd take literally any of the Firene characters over Bunet.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Decided to mess around with class outfits, here are some fun ones. I have more to share but I haven't posted them yet since the Switch is occupied.

I could've uploaded to imgur but here, you can all just see my empty twitter I never use

https://twitter.com/a_blue_slime/status/1623808125274034176?s=20

I assumed Mage Knight Framme would be adorable and I was right!

https://twitter.com/a_blue_slime/status/1623807984865529856?s=20

Please take note of how the Sage outfit reveals Vander's complete lack of an rear end, he's just perfectly flat back there

Also Hero Ivy is included due to being the worst fashion disaster I've seen so far. And General Lapis looks kind of great.

Anyway it turns out this is reasonably quick and easy to do so if anyone has any requests, let me know!

Harrow fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 9, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What is Ivy's face thing supposed to be anyway?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I tempted to make Lindon the Corrin carrier because let's be honest, the only important thing is Flame and he can debuff with Thoron in the back on the occasion.

Flame is so key to maddening, it's kinda insane.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tae posted:

I tempted to make Lindon the Corrin carrier because let's be honest, the only important thing is Flame and he can debuff with Thoron in the back on the occasion.

Flame is so key to maddening, it's kinda insane.

Better than fog and ice? Wow

ImpAtom posted:

A very fancy ~*~fascinator~*~

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascinator

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/a_blue_slime/status/1623817339337842688?s=20

Rosado looks great as a Swordmaster, and look at li'l Berserker Hortensia

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

Better than fog and ice? Wow

Ice can be eventually broken, Fog doesn't work on maddening because either enemy hit rates are too high or literally won't proc counter attacks because of the AI which is also bad.

Flame is unremovable slowing down while also doing decent damage. And unlike Ice, you can still maneuver units to hit and run during your flames via Canter while with ice you can't.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Hero ivy is circles on circles

I'm glad she keeps the fascinator in alternate classes though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aside from the chapter where it's the whole gimmick, how often will I need to deal with miasma and ways to get people off of it/it off of people?

Giving the character with the ring for that chapter a terrain change that can't be used on folks already standing there was annoying. Though off the top of my head I don't know which ones can other than fire.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Aside from the chapter where it's the whole gimmick, how often will I need to deal with miasma and ways to get people off of it/it off of people?

Giving the character with the ring for that chapter a terrain change that can't be used on folks already standing there was annoying. Though off the top of my head I don't know which ones can other than fire.

Outside of Seadall's join chapter, it's a major feature in one more chapter, though that one gives you more tools to remove it. It'll appear in I think one more chapter after that but it's much more minor and much easy to just avoid there.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

https://twitter.com/a_blue_slime/status/1623817339337842688?s=20

Rosado looks great as a Swordmaster, and look at li'l Berserker Hortensia

Rosado is the standout star here, but Louis is looking suprisingly natural in the sage getup.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bruceski posted:

it's not really a problem, ice was literally the worst option available because it doesn't override terrain effects when occupied. Every other ring effect just outright replaces the terrain even if enemies are on it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ice deletes miasma tiles once the ice is destroyed or dissipates. It just sucks in that stage because it's on your dancer(who you don't want spending his turns on dragon vein) and it slows you down enormously in a stage that is technically timed(even if you can beat the timer to death).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Obstruct staves do the same thing so I only did it the one time then played Staff Emblem the rest of the way through

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Terper posted:

Obstruct staves do the same thing so I only did it the one time then played Staff Emblem the rest of the way through

You know what

I've realized something

All good Fire Emblem Games

Are Staff Emblem Games.

Fight me.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Dang that Soren map really took like 2 hours to beat on Maddening.
That entire map was messed up and it owned :allears:

I was hoping to clear out 2 DLC paralogues tonight but I don't think that's happening anymore.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It’s kind of outrageous how unfun Camilla’s map is

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Captain Flame Guy posted:

Dang that Soren map really took like 2 hours to beat on Maddening.
That entire map was messed up and it owned :allears:

I was hoping to clear out 2 DLC paralogues tonight but I don't think that's happening anymore.

Yeah these maps have been killin me today

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Supremezero posted:

You know what

I've realized something

All good Fire Emblem Games

Are Staff Emblem Games.

Fight me.

yup

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Radiant Dawn is probably the weakest staves have been in the entire series and it's a good Fire Emblem.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

How are the new socializing stuff in the Somniel? Been too busy getting these new emblems to try it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

WrightOfWay posted:

Radiant Dawn is probably the weakest staves have been in the entire series and it's a good Fire Emblem.

*punches you in the face*

STAFF EMBLEM SUPREMACY