Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dick Fontaine posted:

Last time I went to a business Costco I watched some guy walk over to the meat cooler, reach his hand out, and keep it pressed on a lamb for a good minute or two while he spaced out and stared at it. I guess he had his reasons but it seemed real odd at the time.

That lamb was a good friend of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Johnny Truant posted:

Three bags of water softener salt and a pair of pants, probably never gonna beat the low total of $43 ever again

walk in, get your hotdog, walk out

then go back inside again for your real trip but you can say, accurately if misleadingly, you went in for a low total of 1.50

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

had me a hot dog and wasted a bunch of time not going through the self checkout because I had a manufacturer's check to spend and no one has ever heard of those so it's always a huge production.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

rodbeard posted:

had a manufacturer's check to spend

A what?

I promise not to make it a huge production

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

This thread closes quicker than a Costco on Sunday

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

namlosh posted:

A what?

I promise not to make it a huge production

It's a check that gets used like any other check except a company sends it to you preprinted for a certain amount of money and any particular store only has to deal with like once a year so they get confused by it's existence. My company gives out checks from butterball for the holidays because it used to give out turkeys for the holidays and I ended up holding on to it for several months because it's a huge hassle to pay by check and paying with a check from a company instead of a personal check somehow short circuits every cashier into thinking it's some sort of fancy coupon.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Smugworth posted:

Doesn't seem right to disparage the OP this way, misguided his closing of the thread may have been
Friend, we know that the Church welcomes all (who pay for membership). We know that not all partake in the sacrament (1/4 lb all beef hot dog and drink with refill). We walk the aisles and know the Sam's Sons are among us, clogging rows with their carts, amassing around the false prophets of Samples.

Just because one preaches does not mean they are free from sin.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Johnny Truant posted:

Three bags of water softener salt and a pair of pants, probably never gonna beat the low total of $43 ever again

I have a lot of trips like this to stockpile dirt cheap jackets to ruin at work

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Went to church tonight. The hour before close on a Friday is a pro move. Got a couple dogs for me and the wife (natch) but also picked up some new-to-me green chili cheese firecrackers, which are an A+.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I hate to say it but Grocery Outlet had CostCo beat today. Picked up a giant bag of Takis flavored candy for 57¢

This stuff is real weird, but also maybe good? It’s kind of like Fun Dip except the stick part is a tamarind lollipop and the dip part is pure Takis’ dust. It’s a lot like other Mexican candies in the same genre except extremely Takis flavored.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Please do not close threads because you are on probation thank you

Shut up peckersniffer

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Can any insiders tell me what Costco deli yakisoba sauce is I’m trying to replicate it

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Dick Fontaine posted:

I hate to say it but Grocery Outlet had CostCo beat today. Picked up a giant bag of Takis flavored candy for 57¢

This stuff is real weird, but also maybe good? It’s kind of like Fun Dip except the stick part is a tamarind lollipop and the dip part is pure Takis’ dust. It’s a lot like other Mexican candies in the same genre except extremely Takis flavored.

My daughter and all of her friends love these.

They’re ok

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

bird with big dick posted:

Can any insiders tell me what Costco deli yakisoba sauce is I’m trying to replicate it

Have you used the ingredients that are listed in the ingredient statement? I've tried googling them to see if it's a premade/ food service product but I'm unsuccessful so far. But going by their ingredient statement would be the best start.

Edit: found a picture of the ingredient statement and they list these as the ingredients for the sauce:

Soy sauce, water, sugar, ketchup, modified corn starch, wine, spices, sesame seeds, caramel color, ginger, garlic, onion flakes, citric acid

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 11, 2023

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I can't tell you the Costco recipe but Otafuku makes a good one. Decent chance Costco's is just that. I usually add some vinegar. If you have Bulldog sauce try mixing in a bit of sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and vinegar and see how that strikes you.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

My God, they finally have it at my 'Co

Pershing fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 11, 2023

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco the day before the Superbowl.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Grand Fromage posted:

I can't tell you the Costco recipe but Otafuku makes a good one. Decent chance Costco's is just that. I usually add some vinegar. If you have Bulldog sauce try mixing in a bit of sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and vinegar and see how that strikes you.

I actually have Otafuku but had forgotten it but also it seems like it has such a strong worcestershire/molasses flavor I was worried about it being too strong but maybe the key is using it sparingly. My wife had the same thought as you and added some rice wine vinegar and soy to the Ota and liked it.

Also have Bulldog so I'll try that too.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
The Eddie Bauer track pants are comfy but got little fuzz balls all over them even after a single inside out wash. The two pack of shits are nice though. ~$10 each wasn't a bad deal.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

The Eddie Bauer track pants are comfy but got little fuzz balls all over them even after a single inside out wash. The two pack of shits are nice though. ~$10 each wasn't a bad deal.

Bulk shits are also free with purchase of chicken bake

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

The two pack of shits are nice though. ~$10 each wasn't a bad deal.

Are you sure you weren't accidentally in a Sam's Club for that one?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Costco the day before the Superbowl.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Grand Fromage posted:

I can't tell you the Costco recipe but Otafuku makes a good one. Decent chance Costco's is just that.

It's likely not since the ingredient list is pretty different from the Costco one.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Costco was normal af today. Even had a ton of wings and frozen pizzas still standing

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

It's likely not since the ingredient list is pretty different from the Costco one.

I have no idea what the ingredient list is for Costco's. Was just a guess.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

The Kirkland Speyside 18 is pretty good, especially for the price.

Dunk Bot 3000
Mar 19, 2009

it's a food service sauce from the same supplier as the bulgogi and cilantro lime sauces but I can't remember who atm. they all come in 1 gallon bottles with these plain rear end labels with no logos or branding, and the company name is like a little footnote

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

go to your local asian grocer and get:

light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
oyster sauce
hoisin sauce
toasted sesame oil
sugar
bottle of shaoxing cooking wine

and get a carbon steel wok if you dont have one already

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Are the Costco crowds out of control today or have they already gotten all the Super Bowl necessities?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gotta get my boxes of nacho cheese and toilet paper for The Big Game

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it's been many years since I went to Costco during the super bowl but when I did there was a huge cluster of people with carts in the TV area watching the game and empty everywhere else

so if you can navigate past that you're probably fine

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's hilarious. Hopefully all employees

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Got a kirkland pile o' shrimp for the big game today, self checkout line looked intimidating but got me in and out quickly. Also grabbed a tub of the sanders dark chocolate coated sea salt caramels, the milk chocolate ones were good but you could say they were a little too sweet, so I'm excited to try the dark chocolate ones and leave them at my friend's place so I don't eat the entire loving tub

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

That's hilarious. Hopefully all employees

there were a few employees but it was 75% old guys who were paying zero attention to their carts blocking everything

one of the employees went and fished out the remote to turn the volume up for everyone, though, so they knew

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Goddamn yeah these boba kits are awesome

I just wish there was an all taro option

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My significant other got talked into getting one of them 2-person soaker tubs through the contractors posted up at the main entrance.

On the plus side it counts towards costco cash back rewards so it's like a 2-grand kickback. Trying to get her to let us spend it on something stupid.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Question for anyone who might know: Does Costco's acceptance of Visa cards only extend to Apple/Google/Samsung/Whatever Pay NFC stuff?

Very nearly all of our financial institutions are MasterCard save one extremely tiny credit card used for emergencies, so this is another thing that could be an issue if I was moving some of my trips from Sams to there.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

Goddamn yeah these boba kits are awesome

I just wish there was an all taro option

Amazon sells them in all Taro, all Creme Brulee etc, though I think they much more expensive. I can't tell because it says "9 piece set" but also "3 servings", and also "$1.50 a count" but I think they might be doing some bullshit where the Straw is a piece, the Boba is a piece and the Powder is a piece? Is that what's going on?

https://amazon.com/WAY-Instant-Authentic-Tapioca-Included/dp/B09KNXZJBN?th=1

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

Question for anyone who might know: Does Costco's acceptance of Visa cards only extend to Apple/Google/Samsung/Whatever Pay NFC stuff?

Very nearly all of our financial institutions are MasterCard save one extremely tiny credit card used for emergencies, so this is another thing that could be an issue if I was moving some of my trips from Sams to there.

I believe if you’re using Apple Pay for any credit card purchases it still has to be Visa.

You can still use debit, cash or check as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Sounds like you need the Costco Citi Visa card.