Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

What's a low effort thing to run this season?
I ran a wizard a while back and gave up as I couldn't manage all the stuff

I'm old, and dumb, welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

exquisite tea posted:

Just one more day until it's wizzin' time, baby!

Season 28: The game where you be a wizard without being a transphobe.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Adolf Glitter posted:

I'm old, and dumb, welp

Of the starter sets this season, Frenzy Barb. You press all your shouts 1-2 times per dungeon and literally hold left click on things until they die.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Adolf Glitter posted:

I'm old, and dumb, welp

I'm currently having a ball using a LoD meteor build I found on icy veins just leveling paragon and trying to build up a few sets/grab utility prices like royal ring of Grandeur etc. You pop shield and magic weapon, then run around gathering mobs until you have a sizable group or black hole is off cooldown, wack them 5 times with spectral blade and then drop a meteor shower that kills everything on the screen.

You're also tank as gently caress due to the 100% shield boost so while you have teleport you don't necessarily need it real often. Once I get a couple more bits of typhon I'll switch to hydra, but honestly that build is hilariously lazy and fun.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Adolf Glitter posted:

I'm old, and dumb, welp

Tal's is pretty easy actually. You just use your abilities and meteors fall out of the sky and wreck everything

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Yeah, Tal's is cool cause you have one or two active abilities and just keep buffs up that drop the other meteors. Super easy

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'd absolutely be doing Tal's Meteor if I hadn't done it last season, and done Wizard in general as my INT class the last few seasons. It's a great, low-fuss, very powerful build.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

As you know I'm Wiz4lyfe so I'm obviously happy that Tal's is so powerful but I do like the more involved builds, to me that's what makes the Wiz a Wiz. At least we get the Star Pact variant if you want to squeeze a little more damage out of playing well.

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
Actually, now that new season's tomorrow. (And I might be late because I may have to do jury duty tomorrow.) I have gotten a lot of mileage out of demon hunter, crusader, wizard, and recently barb. What the heck am I gonna play this season? Or rather, what would you like to see someone else play so that I can play that?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

PoJ monk is fun as hell in my experience, but I haven't played in a few seasons. I'm probably gonna hop in this season with it as a last hurrah

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
POJ is good times, you can make it as lazy/easy as you like for farming then switch it up and build piles you blow up (in one of the 2 best "holy poo poo everything exploded" visuals in the game) every 20 seconds when you want to push it.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
The other option is necro but the Haedrig gift is the Masquerade set and you REALLY, REALLY need the Haunted Vision amulet for the set to come together. Getting one particular amulet SUCKS. So if you go necro generally most people suggest going LoD (running non-set) until you get a set and going with that. There's also witch doctor. However, I'd go monk. PoJ is fun like KenBearlLOLOL said. The Inna set is also fun for t16 and bounties.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Once again, let go of indecisiveness and trust in the wheel.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Adolf Glitter posted:

I'm old, and dumb, welp

I really really like the free wiz set, typhon's. Plays like a blizz/hydra sorc from D2. And if I think it's simple to play, anyone else is going to think it's simple too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Typhon's isn't all that exciting but it's super efficient at farming with very little setup required. Teleport around, drop a couple Hydras, and everything dies. Not too many essential pieces and they're all easy to get.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Since this is the last hurrah for d3 basically I’m gonna roll monk, enjoy some fast runnin then build into EP and blow up my entire screen one last time

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm gonna go with Barbarian, because I only played the Frenzy set once, when it first came out. Wanna give it another shot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what time does the season start tomorrow?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

8PM EST/5PM PST

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
So I was sold on the idea of Monk but then out of curiosity I decided to spin the wheel and it came up Monk as well. Monk it is.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thanks for the recommendations.
Hope they are good or else I might only try them for 150 hours
Each of them.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DarkMatt posted:

So I was sold on the idea of Monk but then out of curiosity I decided to spin the wheel and it came up Monk as well. Monk it is.
Tempest Rush goes brrrrrr

You'll want to run Mystic Ally (Air) early on for spirit regen

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
PoJ Lightning Tempest Rush is a better WW build than WW itself is, imotbqh.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

I swear to god, this wheel can read minds

Wizard it is!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Given how stupid fast levelling is going to be this season, you'll probably be fine to pick a top three classes to play with. Given people were already going 0-70 in half an hour on optimised DH builds last season, once you unlock a couple of those altar nodes it'll be pretty trivial to run an alt up to viable key farming/bounties at T16, even without running the campaign for Haedrics.

For a first char I'm looking at the gift sets - wiz gets Typhon, while DH gets GoD off the bat iirc. Probably the best 2 options for farming the stuff needed to work down the altar, and given I haven't spent much time with either build it's an even call at this point.

I've been working on a non-seasonal meteor wiz and managed to get 2 bits of Tal Rasha and half the Typhon set already, so should probably mix it up with the DH I guess.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Don Dongington posted:

Given how stupid fast levelling is going to be this season, you'll probably be fine to pick a top three classes to play with. Given people were already going 0-70 in half an hour on optimised DH builds last season, once you unlock a couple of those altar nodes it'll be pretty trivial to run an alt up to viable key farming/bounties at T16, even without running the campaign for Haedrics.

For a first char I'm looking at the gift sets - wiz gets Typhon, while DH gets GoD off the bat iirc. Probably the best 2 options for farming the stuff needed to work down the altar, and given I haven't spent much time with either build it's an even call at this point.

I've been working on a non-seasonal meteor wiz and managed to get 2 bits of Tal Rasha and half the Typhon set already, so should probably mix it up with the DH I guess.

My advice if you go DH: leveling usually sucks but this season will be trivial so that's good news. As soon as you get your 6 piece, gamble for the quiver. It's the most important early piece you'll need. Worry about the other junk later and keep on spinning.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Suburban Dad posted:

My advice if you go DH: leveling usually sucks but this season will be trivial so that's good news. As soon as you get your 6 piece, gamble for the quiver. It's the most important early piece you'll need. Worry about the other junk later and keep on spinning.

I haven't played close enough attention, what will make it trivial this season? Is there a good early node in the tree?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Mind over Matter posted:

I haven't played close enough attention, what will make it trivial this season? Is there a good early node in the tree?
One of the choices for the second node is "gear has no level requirements". You can get it at level 18 or so, I believe.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

bio347 posted:

One of the choices for the second node is "gear has no level requirements". You can get it at level 18 or so, I believe.

Oh jeeze. I knew that one existed but I didn't know it was so early. Goddamn.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

Oh jeeze. I knew that one existed but I didn't know it was so early. Goddamn.

Uh... somehow, I missed that, too. Welp.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

bio347 posted:

To clarify the requirements for the second node are: 1 Flawless Diamond (or greater), 15 Arcane Dust, 20 Resuable Parts. Regular diamonds start to drop at level 18*. 2 of them can be combined at the jeweler to form a flawless diamond.

*Gems will drop below level 18 from bandit shrines/goblins but there's a very low chance of finding one of those in the 10 minutes it will take to hit level 18.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i didnt realise GoD was thhe seasonal set. was thinking of going wizard cause i like tal rasha and would like to get to gr 150 once and typhon is a pretty fun farming build but god is about as fun and signifigantly more efficient so im probably gonna go dh

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Start DH, make a wizard with shards/mats, get your free 150 that way.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

KodiakRS posted:

To clarify the requirements for the second node are: 1 Flawless Diamond (or greater), 15 Arcane Dust, 20 Resuable Parts. Regular diamonds start to drop at level 18*. 2 of them can be combined at the jeweler to form a flawless diamond.

*Gems will drop below level 18 from bandit shrines/goblins but there's a very low chance of finding one of those in the 10 minutes it will take to hit level 18.

What about in The Vault? I have a goblin amiibo for switch.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i didnt realise GoD was thhe seasonal set. was thinking of going wizard cause i like tal rasha and would like to get to gr 150 once and typhon is a pretty fun farming build but god is about as fun and signifigantly more efficient so im probably gonna go dh

it also just got a significant buff!

i don't normally play HC but leveling is so trivial this season that i might.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait is Diablo 4 actually fully cross play? Doesn’t matter where I buy it

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Nope, there's no crossplay. Multiplayer (and game licenses) are completely separate platform-by-platform. PC plays with PC, Switch with Switch, etc.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I swear to god, this wheel can read minds

Wizard it is!

Yeah, it only took me three tries to roll the class I wanted.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Nope, there's no crossplay. Multiplayer (and game licenses) are completely separate platform-by-platform. PC plays with PC, Switch with Switch, etc.

On Diablo 3 yes, but I’m seeing Diablo 4 might fix that? Sorry if there’s a D4 thread I can’t find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
Brood Mother in the Caverns of Luray within The Paths of The Drowned can go bite a big one.

Decided to do some achievements that have not been completed and this one has resulted in 40+ runs without success.