Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I don't support Russia, I support China.

I just don't want Russia to be carved up and used as a front line for America's attack on China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Nix Panicus posted:

Stalin did one thing wrong: he didn't go hard enough and it cost him everything :ussr:

Grover Furr was right, Stalin was a lib.

Best Friends posted:

I took it as a given it was cryptography until he insisted he didn’t have a security clearance which then leads me to think it’s one of these options

IIRC they just heavily implied they didn't have a clearance.

Some Guy TT posted:

nhd claims to be about the same size of his wife five ten i think i always assumed the black dog from up was a girl so its not much of a contradiction to me

Height: average. Width: immense.

Majorian posted:

Putin's quite wealthy himself and is almost certainly heavily invested in the military-industrial complex. I don't think he's secretly the richest man in the world like some liberal publications hypothesize without any evidence. But part of the reason why his system works is that he's as much of an oligarch as the rest of the ruling class. So I don't agree that "Russia is controlled by politicians more than business interests."

MajorianLMP08. Technically, Putin IS a business interest.

Lostconfused posted:

lol I think it's alright, there's something to be said for using saint javelin but not using an Orthodox cross lol

That little cutey is probably from out west.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

they are dead now

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

onwards to moscow fellas. where is that god drat NATO armour tho?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

honestly its good so many GBS people came in sure there was the odd war crime rape fantasist between them but it was pretty obvious once they actually talked to us like adults that they realized that they were shadowboxing figments of theirbown imagination all this time.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

NAFO deez nuts

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

onwards to moscow fellas. where is that god drat NATO armour tho?

Well the budget meeting is in 2025 and we'll need to refer a few key things to different committees and have reviews. A series of white papers. We can address this in lets say 2035? 2045?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

PhilippAchtel posted:

NAFO deez nuts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
August 23, 2022:

thekeeshman posted:

But it's very funny to see that you think idle Russian musings are more real than the billions of dollars the US actually put into rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan.

February 27, 2023:

kronix posted:

We also spent an incredible amount of money rebuilding but in the end it wasn't enough to convince the population.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Cuttlefush posted:

and a few posters big 'ole troll masks slipped so the thread probably lost more gbs type posters than it gained. and ill never trust anyone again
It’s not a mask that’s my face

(is this Vin Diesel?)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Nix Panicus posted:

Stalin did one thing wrong: he didn't go hard enough and it cost him everything :ussr:

Everyone says purging the military was bad, but there wasn’t an officers’ coup after he did it!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Turtle Watch posted:

(is this Vin Diesel?)

i know you're legit. that's not vin though, although it looks like it could be if you aren't familiar. i don't want to be mean but he's like one of those old timey western town facades that fall over and there's nothing behind them

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Turtle Watch posted:

(is this Vin Diesel?)

That's no orc you lying son of a bitch

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Cuttlefush posted:

i know you're legit. that's not vin though, although it looks like it could be if you aren't familiar. i don't want to be mean but he's like one of those old timey western town facades that fall over and there's nothing behind them

Thanks Cuttlefish. Also drat, lol

e:

30.5 Days posted:

That's no orc you lying son of a bitch
:troll:

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 08:41 on Feb 27, 2023

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

speng31b posted:

prove you deserve it, make the tankiest post you can think of

The Karyn Forest Massacre not only happened, but it was cool and good and is my friend.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The Karen Forest Massacre

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i wish to speak with your commissar

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

speng31b posted:

prove you deserve it, make the tankiest post you can think of

have we considered that the people who got purged had bad vibes

Endman
May 18, 2010

It’s certainly possible that Tukhachevsky was a potential reactionary threat to the revolution; he did spend a considerable time abroad, particularly in Germany

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The thing that always cracks me up about the Afghanistan 'rebuilding' effort was that the US paid protection money to local warlords, including the Taliban, for their contractors to not build anything. The US also dumped money into ghost projects that basically went directly into warlord slush funds because they rarely verified if the money was actually being used for its stated purpose. So not only was the primary funder of the Taliban for the last two decades very likely the US occupation force, but the US indiscriminately funding the shittier warlords also stoked Afghani resentment which kept the Taliban relevant. The US basically kept the insurgency going for two decades out of malicious incompetence. Its very funny, to me.

Any American connected to the occupation of Afghanistan should probably never mention it and hope no one ever finds out

So, I wonder who is going to be in charge of rebuilding whatever is left of Ukraine at the end of all of this? The best people, surely.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Isn’t Ukraine’s government already talking to Blackrock re: rebuilding post war?

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

or at least keep it to the actual death to america bloodlust discord

Hello which one is this

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nix Panicus posted:

The thing that always cracks me up about the Afghanistan 'rebuilding' effort was that the US paid protection money to local warlords, including the Taliban, for their contractors to not build anything. The US also dumped money into ghost projects that basically went directly into warlord slush funds because they rarely verified if the money was actually being used for its stated purpose. So not only was the primary funder of the Taliban for the last two decades very likely the US occupation force, but the US indiscriminately funding the shittier warlords also stoked Afghani resentment which kept the Taliban relevant. The US basically kept the insurgency going for two decades out of malicious incompetence. Its very funny, to me.

Any American connected to the occupation of Afghanistan should probably never mention it and hope no one ever finds out

So, I wonder who is going to be in charge of rebuilding whatever is left of Ukraine at the end of all of this? The best people, surely.

great news, it's blackrock!

https://twitter.com/TheErrantFriend/status/1608166965235060736?s=20

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

East Palestine profits should have started accumulating by then!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
why would an orc clan rebuild Ukraine

hmmmmm

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

xiaoren posted:

Hello which one is this

here you go please dont spread it around ;)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Saudi Arabia will supply Ukraine with aid worth $400 million Head of President's Office

https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-supply-ukraine-aid-164547669.html

quote:

Saudi Arabia will supply Ukraine with an aid package worth $400,000,000, which includes $300,000,000 worth of oil products.

Source: Andrii Yermak, head of the President’s Office of Ukraine, on Telegram after meeting Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia

Quote: "Ukraine will receive real aid from Saudi Arabia, which is considered the most powerful economy of the Middle East.

Within the framework of the visit, two documents were signed in the President’s Office, which formalised supplying Ukraine with a $400,000,000 aid package: $100,000,000 worth of humanitarian aid and $300,000,000 worth of oil products.

The documents are called the Joint Program of Cooperation with the Humanitarian Aid and Help of King Salman Centre, and the Memorandum on Mutual Understanding with the Saudi Development Fund."

Background: Earlier on Sunday the Foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia met with Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the Presidnet of Ukraine.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

why would an orc clan rebuild Ukraine

hmmmmm

Rend and Maim are trying to build a new Horde to challenge Putin

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Flavahbeast posted:

here you go please dont spread it around ;)

scoots did it better

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

crepeface posted:

Saudi Arabia will supply Ukraine with aid worth $400 million Head of President's Office

[url]https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-supply-ukraine-aid-164547669.html

Yes I was just crying about this yesterday

Eastern europeans are the last people on the loving planet who deserve our money, not only are they supremely coddled, they are supremely racist against arabs and muslims, and they sent the absolute worst of themselves to make a colonialist apartheid state in our part of the world, seriously gently caress these people I need that money far more than some idiot from kiev does. I shouldnt be on the verge of poverty while some eastern european rear end in a top hat gets hundreds of millions of my money.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know why the CIA doesn't send in their best man to help Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-EqQhF_9o

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Yes I was just crying about this yesterday

Eastern europeans are the last people on the loving planet who deserve our money, not only are they supremely coddled, they are supremely racist against arabs and muslims, and they sent the absolute worst of themselves to make a colonialist apartheid state in our part of the world, seriously gently caress these people I need that money far more than some idiot from kiev does. I shouldnt be on the verge of poverty while some eastern european rear end in a top hat gets hundreds of millions of my money.

If a brown (?) person starves to death in the desert its a statistic.

If a well to do European wearing real mink furs can't get a cafe on demand from their local barista its a tragedy.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

I don't support Russia, I support China.

I just don't want Russia to be carved up and used as a front line for America's attack on China.

https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1630090666205216768

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DancingShade posted:

If a brown (?) person starves to death in the desert its a statistic.

If a well to do European wearing real mink furs can't get a cafe on demand from their local barista its a tragedy.

I'm all for helping those in need but when I see news reports of Ukranians refusing to live somewhere by choice because there's brown people in the neighborhood I really struggle to see why they get to have money I'd die for, also, Ukranians have the entire europian union as their patrons and the money tap will never shut off for them and the entire body politic of eastern europe is ride or die for them , they absolutely dont need money that should go to arabs like in syria, palestine or wherever who need it much more.

Endman
May 18, 2010

lmao Xi invading Russia would be the funniest way this conflict could go

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm all for helping those in need but when I see news reports of Ukranians refusing to live somewhere by choice because there's brown people in the neighborhood I really struggle to see why they get to have money I'd die for, also, Ukranians have the entire europian union as their patrons and the money tap will never shut off for them and the entire body politic of eastern europe is ride or die for them , they absolutely dont need money that should go to arabs like in syria, palestine or wherever who need it much more.

it's like buying f35s, you have to do it as tribute to the empire

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Tafferling posted:

I'm sure this thread's extremely rational Russia discourse is just early 00's SA edgelordism an not anything actually malicious and some of the articles posted are actually interesting but gently caress, three quarter of posts are just bitching about GBS.
You know that's garbage, right?

garbage in, garbage :gb2gbs:

j/k i love all posters

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Endman posted:

I will always support Chairman Xi. If he has decided its time to bring the spirit of the worker's revolution back to Russia then I can only pray for his success.

Chairman Xi, the peoples of earth long for freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted: