Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But he has 4 6 Guinness world records!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/TarksGauntlet/status/1631809089385660416?t=AE37AXSis8D304RM_z8NKQ&s=19

Morgan Webb just casually dropping replacement theory on live cable television to segue into making fun of a GameCube game.

I watched this and expected a tasteless throwaway joke but its actually insane lmao.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Waffleman_ posted:

But he has 4 6 Guinness world records!

his mom is very proud

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Barudak posted:

G4 employed Tommy Tallarico to fail to review games and promote his own upcoming releases so, no, the network was never smart.

Be fair, the one thing you can give Tommy is that he wasn't shy about disclosing which ones he'd worked on

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I may have to give Gundam Evo a try again. I originally played it when it first released and bounced off it quickly. The game just didn't feel good at all to play at the time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dabir posted:

Be fair, the one thing you can give Tommy is that he wasn't shy about disclosing which ones he'd worked on

I hope he loses everything on his Intellivision Amico scam. The guy is just a grade-A piece of poo poo.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Dabir posted:

I don't remember which ones, but he omitted his involvement on a few iirc. The guy's lied about a lot of stuff over the years.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

World of Assassination has a story?

You are John Hitman. You hit men for a living, until oh no! You've been hitting the wrong men and it was in a weird shadow war with the Illuminati. Now John Hitman teams up with John Hitman's Brother, Jeff Hitman, to kill the Illuminati. You do that and then your handler takes it over and blows it up, saving the world from the 1%, I think.

Also John Hitman blew up his handler's parents when she was a kid, oops.

Jerusalem posted:

Love that 47's deadpan puns are always fine for the surface level conversation for the victims... except for when he disguises himself as a job applicant at a bank, straight up tells the interviewers during the personality test that his interpretation of the pictures are of murder for hire.... and they're like,"Well poo poo, you're gonna fit right in on the Investment Floor!" and give him the run of the bank :allears:

If you instead answer like a normal human being they send you to the IT mines in the basement

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
They should have used John Hitman instead of Tobias Rieper as his alias

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the assassination of techtv by the coward g4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also, there's something about SUPER COCAINE

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

edit: whoops misread that, nm

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/TarksGauntlet/status/1631809089385660416?t=AE37AXSis8D304RM_z8NKQ&s=19

Morgan Webb just casually dropping replacement theory on live cable television to segue into making fun of a GameCube game.

God some of the clips people are digging up thanks to this tweet are sad.

https://twitter.com/yipsigoon/status/1632006878367457285

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lmao "where's the high octane intense action"

The only interesting thing about X Play as a kid was seeing videogames on cable instead of the input channel

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHS-o7gURx8

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah I definitely remember like, pre-logo change xplay being a lot better than that, im not sure if there was an exec directive to get edgier or if it was the times

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah I definitely remember like, pre-logo change xplay being a lot better than that, im not sure if there was an exec directive to get edgier or if it was the times

i think it's easy to forget that xplay was originally a part of SpikeTV, the station explicitly For Men, as opposed to all the other non-for men stations out there, so there was probably pressure from the top to make the humor more appealing to whatever halo dudebro marketing research said was their primary audience

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I was wondering why theyd choose to review this game at all, but they make apparent it was 100% because they could say cock on TV a bunch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Guess what even before 13 I was ticking that box to sign up for chat rooms and bbs and I said cusses on psypoke forums with other Pokemon cussers so we weren't impressed with one cuss word that only airs on TV instead of worldwide web

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the kate botello "extended play" era, is the xplay you want

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

I was wondering why theyd choose to review this game at all, but they make apparent it was 100% because they could say cock on TV a bunch

That's the joke OP

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

oh man i double checked and i was wrong, i somehow had a false memory of G4 and spike being one and the same, possibly because xplay and most extreme elimination challenge occupied roughly the same afternoon timeslot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there was this really bad xplay knockoff which briefly aired alongside it after the G4/Techtv merger but it did give Tron 2.0 five stars and that game pwns

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked Cinematech on G4 but I think they eventually made it horny and turned it into Cinematech Nocturnal emissions and added some lovely machinima I stopped watch the channel entirely after that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

There's a related skit about their ground correspondent reporting on the Khaak invasion of Earth

There's a lot blurred out

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Just give me the cancelled DLC's, Aranea was robbed

What do you expect, she's a Dragoon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently the FF7 Remake Power Washing DLC was written by Nomura himself and has a specific point in the game it takes place during lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I had no idea any of this crap video game television even existed at the time. Too busy playing JRPGs I guess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I had a GameCube and Xbox at the time so no console JRPGs for me rip

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the FF7 Remake Power Washing DLC was written by Nomura himself and has a specific point in the game it takes place during lol

I guess if it's canon I have to play it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

I had a GameCube and Xbox at the time so no console JRPGs for me rip

You could have played Lost Kingdom 1 and 2!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I played both, they rule

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sudeki erasure

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Viewtiful Jew posted:

God some of the clips people are digging up thanks to this tweet are sad.

https://twitter.com/yipsigoon/status/1632006878367457285

Vermain posted:

i think it's easy to forget that xplay was originally a part of SpikeTV, the station explicitly For Men, as opposed to all the other non-for men stations out there, so there was probably pressure from the top to make the humor more appealing to whatever halo dudebro marketing research said was their primary audience

Yeah its this, but also that's just how "hardcore" gamer culture was like back then, unfortunately. You still see shadows of this attitude in "high octane action" AAA releases.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sudeki is very ugly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also not a JRPG

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BRPG