Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Antigravitas posted:

Tbh., if you manage to read Mein Kampf front to the center, that's an achievement. It is incoherent drivel and the prose is garbage. It's even worse if you read it in German. It makes the fact that millions of households proudly displayed it in their bookshelf even crazier. How do you subscribe to an ideology when its influential manifesto is complete nonsense?

Controversial statement, I know, but… Mein Kampf? Bad book.

Going by what I've seen of how people deal with politics nowadays: anyone who agreed with him probably rationalized that anything in the book that seemed stupid or incoherent was actually just too smart for them to understand so they didn't bother thinking any further about it. They picked up the important bullet points: we're the good guys and the Jews and anyone else not like us is the bad guys. No big thoughts required

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Yeah but what did Moore think of it?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like you're allowed an average of one mein kampf brag a year.
Should I bang out like 16 at once or just go for one big sexdecuple brag?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arivia posted:

Some sort of Final Solution to the problems of his work.
Final Edition was right there, god this post was as poorly thought out and edited as Mein Kampf, which I wrote and published under my real name Adolf Hitler.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Has this poo poo been posted here yet?

TLDR of the below tweet: Millionaire youtuber Mr. Beast has put out a call that his fans go to walmart and try and fix and organize his displays of whatever thing he's selling (a candy bar?) and his fans reply about how they do it.
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1632165857710297093

This above tweet criticizing it has gotten a ton of responses like these

Love to volunteer to clean up my favorite public space, Walmart, for my close friend Mr. Beast

Garrand has a new favorite as of 16:54 on Mar 5, 2023

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/sjohn866/status/1632054143723421697

Ah yes, communism and fascism are the same.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

gbut posted:

I see that and I raise you "Bespuća povijesne zbiljnosti" by Franjo Tuđman.

The title itself is so pretentiously stupid that it's almost untranslatable to other languages, in part because that locally-famous fascist dictator decided to completely invent "old/pure Croatian words", straight from his rear end. ("Wastelands of Historical Realitiness", basically)

No, I haven't read it nor will I ever even consider reading it, tyvm.

Would you enjoy it as an audiobook, narrated by Kevin Spacey perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOTHoW7NL0&t=42s

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

In the big Patrick Moore discussion, it's important that we not lose track of the most important point, which is that James Joyce's writing is, in fact, garbage.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I would have thought goons would have more affection for a book about jerking it around town while your wife sleeps with another man.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Ah yes, communism and fascism are the same.

I see this claim made a LOT in right wing circles. In trying to argue with them about it, things always seem to boil down to "Communism is fascism because they want the government to control businesses."

Point to how fascists want an ethnostate? They'll link some Op Ed about how some tiny liberal arts college wants to keep its Poc only spaces on campus or something.

Remind them that fascists LOVE tradition and think the trappings of the modern world are symptoms of degeneracy? They'll post a video of some alleged communist doing some "I'm rubber you're glue everything I am I'll project onto you" quote.

Ask why antifascists would fight actual fascists in places like Charlottesville? They'll shrug and conclude fascists are such quarrelsome dum dums they don't know how to get along with anyone.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like you're allowed an average of one mein kampf brag a year.

Ooh, ooh, here’s mine: I’ve never read Mein Kampf and I never will!

See you next year.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or they'll just say the definition of "fascist" is "powerful dictatorial government" and :thunk: heeeyyy that sounds like the USSR

Or that the definition of "Nazi" is "anti-American" and that's where their thoughts end. I can't be a Nazi, I'm a red-blooded patriot! :bahgawd:

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Garrand posted:

TLDR of the below tweet: Millionaire youtuber Mr. Beast has put out a call that his fans go to walmart and try and fix and organize his displays of whatever thing he's selling (a candy bar?) and his fans reply about how they do it.

Love to volunteer to clean up my favorite public space, Walmart, for my close friend Mr. Beast

The funny thing is I bet the majority are just messing up the shelf themselves and then fixing it just for the photo op.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Garrand posted:

I'm sorry, but is that $3/£2.50 for 60g of basic chocolate?

No wonder the guy is happily giving away a million GameCubes or whatever

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The huge giveaway is that by their own stupid logic, if communism=fascism then it would be so easy for them to insist that THEY are the real anti fascists. But as it turns out, they never argue that beating up a "communist" is an anti fascist activity. They'll never frame it as opposing fascism. They'll point to antifa and say they are the "real fascists" yet never seen to take the credit for being the "real fascists". Curious!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Tiggum posted:

You seem to be weirdly proud of that.

lol dude sounds like me at a party

(because I'm vegan, not because I've read Mein Kampf)

Did you guys know I was vegan?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

credburn posted:

lol dude sounds like me at a party

(because I'm vegan, not because I've read Mein Kampf)

Did you guys know I was vegan?

No, didnt

credburn posted:

As a vegan all I can say is

have the

credburn posted:

vegan food.

faintest clue.

credburn posted:

I eat a vegan diet and

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hm, mention mein kampf and the vegans pop out of the woodwork, curious :thunk:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Do we have any crossfitters, atheists, or polyamorous types in the thread to complete the set?

e:

steinrokkan posted:

Hm, mention mein kampf and the vegans pop out of the woodwork, curious :thunk:
lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"Muslims are bad unless they support our anti trans rhetoric then they're one of the good ones" right?
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1632214738238320640?t=PndjMvphPPOMrF33NWJFaA&s=19

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Annabel Pee posted:

The funny thing is I bet the majority are just messing up the shelf themselves and then fixing it just for the photo op.

i doubt it, if you've ever worked retail customers are fuckin lousy at messing things up and just leaving crap for you to fix. honestly a display of chocolate bars like that is nothing, the worst is when you're working in like a grocery store and they'll grab something ready to eat, chow down on it and hide the packaging somewhere else so they don't have to pay. makes for a nice little present for you to have to clean up later.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Splicer posted:

Final Edition was right there, god this post was as poorly thought out and edited as Mein Kampf, which I wrote and published under my real name Adolf Hitler.

Let me tell you about My Struggle trying to edit this book!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Arivia posted:

i doubt it, if you've ever worked retail customers are fuckin lousy at messing things up and just leaving crap for you to fix. honestly a display of chocolate bars like that is nothing, the worst is when you're working in like a grocery store and they'll grab something ready to eat, chow down on it and hide the packaging somewhere else so they don't have to pay. makes for a nice little present for you to have to clean up later.
Say what you will about Kebin Smith, but Clerks had a lot of truth in it. The loving egg sorting customers. Uggggh.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I think we read very different Mein Camps. It wasn't the best book but it was a little romp through the forest with the lads.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Fam, check out this new edition "My Sus Wack-rear end Struggle". You will be SCREAMING when you find out who this Charlie-Chaplin mufucker be low-key strugglin' against!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Annabel Pee posted:

Why bother doing that? Just take a photo of the shelf of lovely chocolate, trash it and take another photo. Then just swap the photos round.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Fam, check out this new edition "My Sus Wack-rear end Struggle". You will be SCREAMING when you find out who this Charlie-Chaplin mufucker be low-key strugglin' against!

Translated by Maria Dahvana Headley

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Scientastic posted:

Why bother doing that? Just take a photo of the shelf of lovely chocolate, trash it and take another photo. Then just swap the photos round.
Now that's the lifehack grindset!

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Arivia posted:

I'm not doubting the shelves are often a mess, it just seems like the conclusion if your a kid heading the shop specifically to tweet mr beast and you get there and its untouched.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like if you care enough about this dude to want to tweet him about merchandising his lovely chocolate that probably doesn't track with messing it up.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Sophie Morgan, a TV presenter and paraplegic who uses a wheelchair, is lined up to be a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing, the UK’s celebrity dancing reality show, making her the first wheelchair user to take part.

Cue FB comments chock-full of ableism:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't the BBC have a bumper with a bunch of wheelchair using dancers at one point? It shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't the BBC have a bumper with a bunch of wheelchair using dancers at one point? It shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

Strictly Come Dancing is judged by people calling in and voting, like American Idol. So generally speaking technical dance ability doesn't really matter anyways.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If I were a wheelchair dancer I'd do breakdance. Can you imagine that poo poo? loving amazing.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I read snippets of Mein Kampf for a Holocaust class in high school. Let's just say he was a better painter than writer.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I've not read it but I heard good things about the sequel.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/117039.Hitler_s_Second_Book

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

credburn posted:

Some bizarre pull quotes from that: “I have never known anyone to say this is a forged document.”—Volker Berghahn, The New York Times

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

credburn posted:

quote:

“I have never known anyone to say this is a forged document.”—Volker Berghahn, The New York Times

Oh, ok! That's good!

Efb goddamn it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

L-loving-mao at the bland little "about the author" bio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

grittyreboot posted:

Some bizarre pull quotes from that: “I have never known anyone to say this is a forged document.”—Volker Berghahn, The New York Times

My "not a forgery" quote has people asking a lot of questions etc etc