Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

RodShaft posted:

To thank my son for getting me the staff of herding I took his switch to work today and got him both the scream and the gift that he needed to finish his altar. I also threw together one of those speed meter builds on his account because he's insane and was using a different button for every single element attack. My old brain can't handle that.

I don't know why RNGesus decided to give me both the things he needed in under a dozen rifts when he's done hundreds and not gotten them, but here we are.

That's cool. Reminds me of this NYT story on Diablo 2 that was just what..

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/15/technology/the-family-that-slays-demons-together.html

22 years ago? gently caress me

quote:

HERE'S the difficult issue my son and I were discussing the other day: Should I sell my Leather Gloves of Nova Shield? You see, their defense rating was only 2, but they did give the wearer a 10 percent chance to cast a Level 3 nova when struck by an attacker.

''I really like that nova,'' I said.

''Like a Level 3 nova is going to help you against Mephisto,'' he said, shaking his head, as we stared at the screen, poring over the armor and weapons for sale.

This is our new father-son activity. We slay demons. We shop for armor. I have succumbed, at a ridiculously advanced age, to the computer game Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. As I write, I am a Level 26 barbarian named, in a moment of weakness, TheNeck. My current quest is to retrieve Khalim's heart from the sewers under the Kurast Bazaar, slashing left and right with a sword in each hand to get there.

For readers who spend all their time in reality, the way Diablo works is that you create a character for yourself like a barbarian or a druid, and then you fight an assortment of dangerous monsters and other evil creatures, complete quests and gain skills, power and gold. You can do this online or just play on your computer. Obviously, the game has great appeal to preadolescents. My son is 10, which explains his interest. I'm 52. What can I say?

One thing I could say is that I'm not the only one. I have it on good authority that other fathers play this game. For instance, I am told that the father of one of my son's friend's friend's is a Level 85 barbarian.

The battles and quests are really just extensive preludes to the moment when you bring your character back to town to begin the delicious process of buying and selling weapons, armor, potions, boots and gloves of various exotic materials (demon hide, for instance) and magical properties. They also have irresistible names like the Claymore of Alacrity or the Jagged Bastard Sword of Gore.

Since you accumulate gold as you play (the creatures you decapitate, incapacitate and destroy drop it as they expire), you become a more powerful shopper at each new level you reach. And at the higher levels of the game, better items are for sale. It's as if you had to slay the Macy's perfume sprayer to get to Bloomingdale's and battle three scarf buyers to move up to Dolce & Gabbana. The difference is that there are no spike-heeled shoes for sale in Diablo, only spike-covered maces, and helms, plate mail, swords, mauls, flails, axes, katars, staves, spears, scepters and other weapons of individual destruction.

Right now I carry a sword named Shadowfang. I wear a Sturdy Bone Helm of Charged Bolt on my head and Crimson Gauntlets of Charged Bolt on my hands (I did sell those nova gloves). I've got Chain Boots of Pacing on my feet. They don't help me worry. They help me run faster.

These are O.K., but I know that at the better stores there is merchandise of much higher quality. My son, for example, has a devastating weapon called a Bone Snap Maul that does much more damage than my two swords put together.

To get something like that, I'm going to need his help. A friend of his who is much more advanced in the game retrieved the maul from a higher level and brought it back to him. My son and his friends do a lot of this trading online. They create a game for just a few of them (there are passwords and other ways to limit participation) and their characters join together and run through jungles, caves and dungeons killing Baal or Mephisto or Diablo himself.

I have listened to my son's end of telephone conversations (they talk on the phone as they play) and watched the on-screen action in these multiplayer games, and it seems to me that what he and his friends do is much like running around outside fighting imaginary pirates or other enemies. It's less aerobic, but the graphics are better.

I'm not as involved in the social aspect of the game. I can't quite see joining one of the 10-year-old groups, and I certainly don't want to play with other adults who are so immature they're wasting their time online when they should be paying bills or reading Joyce. Plus, they're too advanced; they probably wouldn't let me in their game.

But I am willing to accept my son's assistance. He promises that he is going to get me some really good stuff in the higher levels where he shops. ''I really want to help you,'' he said. Of course, the one time we actually went shopping together, he pointed out to me that he wasn't exactly made of money, so I should be reasonable in my requests.

''This one I'll buy for you,'' he said, pointing out the Plated Belt of Thorns (which I now wear), ''but if you go for the more expensive one, you'll have to pay yourself.'' I could hear my own voice, in the aisles of Toys ''R'' Us, urging moderation in the purchase of Beast War transformers.

As it happens, I'm not completely dependent on the largess of my offspring. I could actually buy my own amazing armor and weapons with my own real, grown-up money. I checked on eBay, and sure enough, under Diablo Armor there were 138 items.

The prices are usually not high, so I could buy quite a lot of stuff if I wanted to. In the completed auctions I found sales of Unique Toothrow Armor for $1.49 and Griswold's Heart Armor for $2.50. But I also found Immortal King's Soul Cage Sacred Armor that went for $142.50. The battles may be fantasy, but the shopping is real.

I'm tempted to start spending real money, but perhaps it wouldn't be fair. After all, this is my son's game, his turf, his hard-won Bone Snap Maul. It doesn't seem right somehow to use my position as an adult to trump him.

Besides, it's embarrassing enough that I'm reading the strategy book to find how to get to the Kurast Bazaar (I will find Khalim's heart!). If I started haunting eBay to get an edge over a 10-year-old, I'd lose all self-respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chird
Sep 26, 2004

A lot of stuff going on in ARPGs atm, I'm currently eyeing Wolcen at 75% off on steam. On March 15, the final act 4 drops for PC and it comes out for consoles.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

chird posted:

A lot of stuff going on in ARPGs atm, I'm currently eyeing Wolcen at 75% off on steam. On March 15, the final act 4 drops for PC and it comes out for consoles.
I have not played it but everything I've read about it has not convinced me to spend ten bucks on it. The updates sound like they come too slow and there's always broken poo poo to contend with.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I haven't played it but the reviews of the updates are saying it's pretty good now

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I never played it but iirc there is a wolcen thread probably buried a few pages back.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

External Organs posted:

I never played it but iirc there is a wolcen thread probably buried a few pages back.

Nobody had posted in it in nearly two years before the update announcement bumped it so....

Like I don't actually regret not refunding it, especially if they've genuinely been actively developing it for all this time, and I'll probably play after the patch if Last Epoch hasn't eaten all my free time but I doubt anyone in there has an up to date perception of what the game is currently like.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Which of these do I use and what do I re-roll?

And should I prioritise keeping 936 INT or 5% IAS on a Ancient Haunted Vision? I'm looking to play Masq. GR90 to gear for my Necro.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

None of those have sockets. That's top priority on weapons with an emerald in them. Don't use a gift on a non ancient version unless you're swimming in them. Maxroll has guides for every build with a stat priority section that will help.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like I'm missing something because I don't understand in what world you would even consider the non-ancients on either of those scenarios

You can even reroll the vit to +damage% (or maybe area damage I'm not 100% on DH stat priorities) on the valla's and it'll drat near take a perfect primal to replace it once you drop a gift on it as well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Dawn is useless if it doesn't have almost maximum Vengeance cooldown. Using an ancient Dawn with low Vengeance cooldown means you have to add more sources of cooldown reduction. It's better to just feed it to the cube and use a different weapon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey there, I rebought this game, having not played this since, uh, RoS first released! This is the first season I've ever played, I'm doing Greater Rifts at the moment trying to reach the 1100 shards for the next altar improvement. Any tips? I'm hitting a brickwall in terms of damage at around Torment XII or so, I rolled a Necromancer and already got my seasonal set but not sure, currently running 5 pieces of that, 2 pieces of the set that gives you bonus damage for cooldown reduction and the ring that makes it so you need -1 parts of a set to get the bonus. In PoE I'd just hit the player market to see if there's a direct upgrade for what I'm looking for, what do people do here instead?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Azran posted:

Hey there, I rebought this game, having not played this since, uh, RoS first released! This is the first season I've ever played, I'm doing Greater Rifts at the moment trying to reach the 1100 shards for the next altar improvement. Any tips? I'm hitting a brickwall in terms of damage at around Torment XII or so, I rolled a Necromancer and already got my seasonal set but not sure, currently running 5 pieces of that, 2 pieces of the set that gives you bonus damage for cooldown reduction and the ring that makes it so you need -1 parts of a set to get the bonus. In PoE I'd just hit the player market to see if there's a direct upgrade for what I'm looking for, what do people do here instead?

Do you have Kanai's Cube? It sounds like you're wearing the Ring of Royal Grandeur. If not, get that right away. It lets you equip 3 legendary powers without having to wear them. 1 weapon, 1 armor, and 1 jewelry. You can put the ring in the cube, keep its ability, and get an extra ring slot.

IIRC, the seasonal set really needs a certain amulet. The cube also lets you upgrade yellow items to random legendaries, so farm a bunch of crafting materials, make some yellow amulets, and upgrade them until you get the thing you need.

Check Maxroll.gg or icy veins to see what builds people recommend for the seasonal set, its useful to see what to aim for.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah make sure you have every single piece of your build. Most builds aren't really online until you have most/all of your pieces. The hard part for me tends to be getting the right jewelry.

Check maxroll and make sure your pieces have the right substats. You probably won't have all 4 optimal stats but most builds are fine with 2/4 or 3/4

Get your legendary gems to 25 asap for the bonuses.

That should get you into t16 comfortably

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

None of those have sockets. That's top priority on weapons with an emerald in them. Don't use a gift on a non ancient version unless you're swimming in them. Maxroll has guides for every build with a stat priority section that will help.

I've got like 15 Gifts, I just want to replace my Ancient Yang's with Dawn + Ballista for speedrunning above gr 100. None of these weapons slot neatly into the Maxroll guide but I'm wondering which of the rolls I should focus on replacing. I've got 100% uptime on Vengeance with Dawn cubed and zero CDR on my Yang's/quiver.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Azran posted:

As someone who recently started again for the first time since RoS launch:

Most Maxroll builds have an "assembling the build" section that gives you a bit of a priority order.

It will also have a gear stats priority and Paragon section that will make a gigantic difference when it comes to pushing into higher rift/torment levels with legendary quality gear.

I spent some time sitting down with that and rerolling some useless stats on my seasonal gift set the other day, and immediately jumped from struggling to complete GR80s within the timer (or at all if it was a poo poo rift) to bring able to speed farm GR90s.

Try this:
- work out which builds work best for pushing and GR Speeds for your set. Ideally variations on one main build to reduce the amount of poo poo you need to pick up

- go through each piece and look for +skill damage primary affixes that you don't use, and reroll them according to the stat table mentioned above.

- upgrade your gems. Maxroll will tell you whether you want diamonds or emeralds. Stick one in a Broken Crown, pop it on your follower and do bounties at the highest level that you can comfortably one shot trash and kill elites in a few seconds. It'll drop an extra diamond any time another gem drops.

-Put the good emanates gear from bounties and a RoRG on your follower, an oculus ring for the free damage buff, crafted Cain's and sages sets for the double death breaths, extra GR Keys. Use an enchantress for bounties or speed runs, and easier gearing for int classes.

-get the Kanai's cube if you haven't. Google where to find it, and check out guides on Icy Veins or Maxroll for best ways to use it. Recipe 3 is a major time saver.

- run bounties until you stop getting gem and blacksmith recipes. After that, if you don't specifically need bounty gear or mats, do GR Speeds and Neph rifts once you run out of keys, at the highest level you can clear in 1-2 mins (90sec or less on a good rift with lots of pylons and less annoying mobs) to get gear upgrades from drops, shards and Kanai's cube recipe 3.

-Dont bother saving Legendaries that don't have some utility on your follower or for variants of your main set right now. You will end up replacing them with ancients before you ever wear them, and the salvage mats are more useful to you than a constantly full inventory. Also wastes minutes between runs checking your stash to see if you have one, comparing stats etc. Just get your rear end to T16 so you can start drowning in blood shards and Ancients

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Boatswain posted:

I've got like 15 Gifts, I just want to replace my Ancient Yang's with Dawn + Ballista for speedrunning above gr 100. None of these weapons slot neatly into the Maxroll guide but I'm wondering which of the rolls I should focus on replacing. I've got 100% uptime on Vengeance with Dawn cubed and zero CDR on my Yang's/quiver.

Yang's will also work fine for speed gr100+, so will 1h/ninth cirri combinations. Fortress Ballista is a huge trap for the paragon levels that 99% of goons will ever reach. I'd generally go for Valla's Bequest instead of it, probably wearing Valla's and a Ninth Cirri and cubing the Dawn.

Since this is the 3rd or 4th time Fortress Ballista has come up, here's why it's a trap and you're not going to magically gain 100% squirt's uptime from it:
To properly use it, you want to make sure your shields are as effective as possible. You do this by putting all resist almost everywhere on your gear: shoulders, bracers, chest, belt, pants, boots. This doesn't leave much room for vit- for a good Fortress Ballista setup you run vit on helm and boots only, with chest taking elite damage reduction instead of vit, and belt taking 15% life instead of vit. How do you make up for this and make your fortress ballista shield, which scales with life, work well? You put enough paragon in vit to get to ~1.25m hp. That's ~1200-1500 paragon points in vit. I'd guess in season it might make sense at around 5-6k paragon. Below that, you should focus on making your damage as consistent as possible, which Valla's does better by adding pierces to strafe which will do a good job of maximizing the GOD 4p bonus procs on bad Strafe breakpoints. If you're worried about Squirt's uptime, work harder to not get hit instead of assuming that a very small and weak shield is going to save you.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

A Moose posted:

Do you have Kanai's Cube? It sounds like you're wearing the Ring of Royal Grandeur. If not, get that right away. It lets you equip 3 legendary powers without having to wear them. 1 weapon, 1 armor, and 1 jewelry. You can put the ring in the cube, keep its ability, and get an extra ring slot.

IIRC, the seasonal set really needs a certain amulet. The cube also lets you upgrade yellow items to random legendaries, so farm a bunch of crafting materials, make some yellow amulets, and upgrade them until you get the thing you need.

Check Maxroll.gg or icy veins to see what builds people recommend for the seasonal set, its useful to see what to aim for.

Yeah, I got the cube. Forgot to mention the ring's effect is through the cube, yes. Thanks for the pointers!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If y'all ain't familiar with d3 mechanics as far as putting builds together then I really can't stress enough going through and reading the entire build guide on Maxroll and if they include a video even watching that one as well.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I am tempted to try out Inarius Bonado with the season gimmick - how did they nerf the Mirinae interaction way back when?

I might go with Toxin and Pain Enhancer as a substitute. Regardless, I have a UE Multishot and Tal's Wiz kitted out so wasting time acquiring gear for my stupid idea isn't going to be an issue.

bij fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 7, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I love the Altar of Rites. It offers more incentive to do the standard seasonal challenges. I'm definitely going to complete both this season on top of seeing how high I can push a GR.

As an example, the Altar of Rites requires all the tome pages for your class. This couples really well with the "complete X sets at 55 GR" challenge.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A thought I had...

Maybe for future seasons, instead of Themes, like Free RORG Effect or Double Gobbos, they'll instead change what you can get via the Altar. Unlock Double Gobbos or 4 Cube Slots or the like.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Kheldarn posted:

A thought I had...

Maybe for future seasons, instead of Themes, like Free RORG Effect or Double Gobbos, they'll instead change what you can get via the Altar. Unlock Double Gobbos or 4 Cube Slots or the like.
There's been a lot of discussion about how this may be the last season in the wake of Diablo 4. It's all speculative, though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Don Dongington posted:

- upgrade your gems. Maxroll will tell you whether you want diamonds or emeralds. Stick one in a Broken Crown, pop it on your follower and do bounties at the highest level that you can comfortably one shot trash and kill elites in a few seconds. It'll drop an extra diamond any time another gem drops.

Slight correction; since the broken crown effect emanates to you, it copies the gem in your helm, not the follower's helm

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
do emanate effects stack? ie am i wasting my time wearing a broken crown for vault runs if my follower already has one?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

do emanate effects stack? ie am i wasting my time wearing a broken crown for vault runs if my follower already has one?

They don’t stack and are basically there to squirrel those effects away on your follower. Switch to a set piece or something that boosts a skill!

Jows
May 8, 2002

One thing to remember about maxroll stat priorities is they almost universally assume you'll be high enough paragon that paragons are the biggest source of your main stat. So don't freak out about leaving mainstat on your stuff until you get to the point where that's true. If you ever plan on getting there.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
I do not understand the new Natalya for Demon hunters set. From the maxroll guide (and video) I should be able to place a caltrop at my feet, throw Spike trap at enemies on the edge of the screen, and it should "blast affected enemies towards the nearest set Caltrops". Yet I cannot for the life of me make this happen - the bombs explode, enemies stand in place.
Anyone happen to have experience with this set?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Jows posted:

One thing to remember about maxroll stat priorities is they almost universally assume you'll be high enough paragon that paragons are the biggest source of your main stat. So don't freak out about leaving mainstat on your stuff until you get to the point where that's true. If you ever plan on getting there.

While generally true, you can make up for a lot of paragon with augments which aren't too hard to farm.

Though if you're at the point where you're adding level 125 augments in a bunch of gear you're probably pretty deep into the season anyway.

Either way, the 6pc set multipliers, altar buffs, decent CHC/CHD and various related legendary gear pieces with big multipliers are generally the biggest parts for grift progression by far over paragon/extra mainstats.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Sure, I just want to give some perspective to someone who might have a mainstat/crit/crit/cdr gloves (after enchant) when maxroll says elemental/crit/crit/cdr and thinks it's crap.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Just cubed a Vallas Bequest into Primal and managed a GR102 on this GoD DH. I'm freakin squishy, but if I swap out squirts, focus/restraint or mix in Crimsons etc I'm not going to have enough damage to get the packs down before something kills me.

Guess it's time to do a billion GR Speeds until i can replace the last couple of non-ancient set pieces and start augmenting the good bits, hit that 800 Paragon milestone and blast more mainstat.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Magus42 posted:

Slight correction; since the broken crown effect emanates to you, it copies the gem in your helm, not the follower's helm

For the new/returning player, don't worry too much about what color gems you are stockpiling. You can change the color of 9+ at a time for a trivial cost.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Don Dongington posted:

Just cubed a Vallas Bequest into Primal and managed a GR102 on this GoD DH. I'm freakin squishy, but if I swap out squirts, focus/restraint or mix in Crimsons etc I'm not going to have enough damage to get the packs down before something kills me.

Guess it's time to do a billion GR Speeds until i can replace the last couple of non-ancient set pieces and start augmenting the good bits, hit that 800 Paragon milestone and blast more mainstat.

How are you building it? Mine doesn't have the best gear but is pretty tough till 112ish in speed mode:

Dawn/ballista (vallas means you're giving up perma vengeance or ballista shield)
Guardians bracers/belt (this might be what you need, and will get you to 20k agility with decent gear)
Diamond gems in armor for resist

With Taeguk/vengeance/guardians I hit nearly 500m toughness while moving. Also, spamming Smoke Screen over any explosions/ground stuff means it's pretty hard to die.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is there a reason why I sometimes have a really hard time killing things at the start of a GR before suddenly steamrolling them?

Like I'd assume it was CoE, but I only have issues for like the first Elite mob, and then start murdering everything afterwards for the next 2 minutes, so I'm not sure if that's the case.

I don't think it's my Taegeuk either cause I'm pretty sure it takes less than 40 seconds to stack it fully.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Bottom Liner posted:

How are you building it? Mine doesn't have the best gear but is pretty tough till 112ish in speed mode:

Dawn/ballista (vallas means you're giving up perma vengeance or ballista shield)
Guardians bracers/belt (this might be what you need, and will get you to 20k agility with decent gear)
Diamond gems in armor for resist

With Taeguk/vengeance/guardians I hit nearly 500m toughness while moving. Also, spamming Smoke Screen over any explosions/ground stuff means it's pretty hard to die.

Ballista shield is too weak to offer any real protection below seriously high Paragon (see numerous comments up thread), so stick with Vallas for the strafe dmg (mine has 95%) and pierce, which procs hungering arrow more often, and offers a nice bonus in melee range for clearing trash out.

Currently cubed a perfect Dawn (65% vengeance CD) as I had an ancient Ninth Cirri Satchel drop. The difference between that and DW is apparently about .5% dps.

I'm currently running focus/restraint with crit dmg rolled on one and crit % on the other, CoE and depth diggers in the cube, Squirts, Wraps of clarity, Hunters Wrath and the full 6pce GoD set.

Running Taeguk, Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken.

Have rolled CD Reduction on/off various bits of gear to get to the min. 37% for full vengeance uptime

On about 1.09M sheet damage (incl. squirts), 25k toughness, 9280 dex, 806k life (which is a bit over target iirc) and +45% movement speed with the altar.

Got 48% crit, +385 crit dmg which is a bit low for my liking. +74% Area Damage,. +41% Hungering Arrow, 111% strafe and +27% cold Damage. Could probably swap some strafe for cold or HA damage and some armor for crit dmg on a few peices.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
25k toughness is extremely low. Mine is 75m just standing in town with no buffs. I'd swap to RorG over CoE (not needed for speed running) and craft Guardian bracers and belt. That will give a boost to damage and toughness. The ballista math is for higher GRs, not for speeds where you don't take enough damage to break the shield. It is there to keep your squirts charged and I just checked in a 105 it never dropped.

and FYI cubing always maxes the legendary ability, no need to hunt a perfect roll on one.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 8, 2023

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
The ballista math is 100% for speeds. Push setups often use a 2h crossbow for favorable breakpoints and higher damage per hit or an Odyssey's End for the highest possible damage and extremely sweaty gameplay switching generators as you strafe.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 8, 2023

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Haha Jesus, the guardian set almost doubled my sheet damage and took my toughness up to about 78k in town.

Does the bonus apply to augments or just affixes?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

just affixes, it's hard to replace that until you get very high paragon on most classes

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

The ballista math is 100% for speeds. Push setups often use a 2h crossbow for favorable breakpoints and higher damage per hit or an Odyssey's End for the highest possible damage and extremely sweaty gameplay switching generators as you strafe.

I don't always play games, but when I do it's extremely sweaty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a way to sort leaderboards by set outside of the game?