Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Ran 100 90 grifts hoping for the 3 primals to finish my season yet dropped zero. The bonus of a second primal dropping looking real pointless. At least my staff was quick and painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Dameius posted:

Which prevented nothing because all the leaderboards are filled with hacked/glitched to hell gear anyways.

Xbox is pretty clean, but PlayStation and Switch are a joke. I can't drop gear to my friends because "integrity of the game" but they do nothing about the leaderboards. It's a joke at this point and has been for years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Moose posted:

Could be nephalem glory globes, those double your damage and you're probably getting your first one from the first elite pack

That could be the case. Though sometimes I have no issue steamrolling the first elite pack. I guess that's cause CoE was active then.

becoming posted:

Are you running Bane of the Powerful? Are you still PoJ Tempest Rush, or something else?

I'm running Taeguk, Trapped, and Molten on my PoJ Tempest Rush.

Wuxi posted:

If you're using PoJ:
Tempest Rush snap-shots its damage apparently, so if you run in with no/1 Sweeping Wind stack you will do low damage even after building up stacks unless you stop channeling for a moment. After the first pack you probably have your stacks build up and they don't fall off again, so it only happens on the first pack

Oh this explains a lot, maybe that's why my damage goes up after I stop to Cyclone Strike.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Suburban Dad posted:

Today I learned there's an awesome console exploit (apparently there's less RNG than I thought on console...) to get your altar primals. Make a lvl 1 dh, then craft 13 2h crossbows and upgrade rares to legendary with recipe 3. The 13th will be a primal manticore. Create another new dh if you want to do it more than once. I needed 3 and got them super quick to fill out the last altar potions. Does not work on PC.

I just did this and it didn't work so I'm curious if they patched this out

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kheldarn posted:

She does not. I had quite a few runs with just Zelusa spawning.

Sorry I meant to say grab the story checkpoint from someone else. She always spawns in story mode

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I just did this and it didn't work so I'm curious if they patched this out

My son and I both did it about an hour ago on separate switches/accounts and it worked.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

=/= edit

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Hey folks I just ran into Wyatt Cheng, the original system designer for D3. He’s at a board game con I’m attending and I recognized him.

He says seasons will continue after the release of D4. However whether or not there will be new content for them is up in the air. And no, an intern does not develop the seasons, he was kind of shocked at the thought😀

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I know it's a tired old joke at this point but I don't think I could help myself from asking him if he had a phone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cleared a GR 150 solo with 1 min 20 sec left with comet Wizard. First time ever and my previous solo best was probably in the GR 110 range, though tbf I haven't played much since the early seasons.

:feelsgood: In its final season, I have finally defeated Diablo (3).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Now make the leaderboard in Asia and stay on it when the season ends.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

keep it down up there! posted:

I know it's a tired old joke at this point but I don't think I could help myself from asking him if he had a phone.

He has a phone, I saw it😀

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Star Man posted:

Now make the leaderboard in Asia and stay on it when the season ends.

They had their first banwave in years today.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

They had their first banwave in years today.

See, it's a perfect time to make the list

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Pretty hosed don'tcha think how you don't even get a guaranteed primal for completing greater rift level 150, hell even Hearthstone was more generous with their whomping 100 gold reward for a full classic set of cards achievement...

I was like sorta half-expecting (and hoping) for something a little more here, like maybe have a pack of goblins come out to reenact the Wicked Witch of the West's defeat or something.

But I guess the true reward come to think of it upon reflection is now I'm freeeee, finally free from it.

also

:toot:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Whole lotta people learning that beating GR 150 doesn't reward them with anything this season.

The experience is nuts though for casuals.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They have played us for absolute fools.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Bottom Liner posted:

They have played us for absolute fools.

You must be new here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat, I've yet to get a single non-GR70 primal drop and only 1 Screaming Whatever that I used to power up my altar. Now I need a Challenge Rift Cache but this week's Challenge Rift gets me killed instantly.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The only reward for clearing a 150 is being forced to live with the knowledge that you've cleared a 150.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This season will ruin the game for me I fear, I dread going back to having to manually pick up every piece of crap that drops. I'm hoping they'll just make the pickup and auto salvage part of the altar permanent.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

RodShaft posted:

My son and I both did it about an hour ago on separate switches/accounts and it worked.

weird, all I can think is that its somehow time gated from when you start the character bc I had a level 1 demon hunter that I made with the intent of playing through the campaign with my fiance and never used. Loaded it up, switched to adventure mode normal difficulty setting and made 13 of the soverign oxybeles, upgraded them all, no dice despite getting a couple of regular manticores

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm running Taeguk, Trapped, and Molten on my PoJ Tempest Rush.

Oh this explains a lot, maybe that's why my damage goes up after I stop to Cyclone Strike.
Why would you ever stop to Cyclone Strike? Do you not have Won Khim Lau?

Also use Stricken instead of Molten to grind elites to dust.

The only things you should be "stopping" for are Blinding Flash to trigger Cesar's Memento and Epiphany if you're in a tight spot

/e: Also if you set blinding flash to a key instead of M1 like I did for a while like an idiot you never have to stop being a blender at all.

stringless fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 9, 2023

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

becoming posted:

I'll have to try Guardian out and see how it works for me. I'm not quite paragon 1200 on that platform (PlayStation) and am closing GR100s in about 90-120s depending on tile set and mobs, closed 120 slowly though (I'd need to check my time, not at my PlayStation now).

For T16, I run a non-ancient Yang's with perfect RCR, ancient quiver, cubed Dawn. You should be absolutely shredding T16 with your gear, even without Guardian. Makes me think that we're missing something. I run Elusive Ring for extra safety just because CoE is not required at T16, everything dies instantly, even bosses in three-person bounties.

Okay, finally worked out how to share with D3Planner!

So here's the Classic build: https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/798266920

With Guardians: https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/546956903

Only problematic thing I can see is below-optimal Crit Damage - but I could be missing something. Oh yeah and I haven't really put much work into levelling my gems since I started hitting the 100-range rifts. I'll get there.

Have pulled paragon out of attack speed based on the mechanics section in the maxroll guide's suggestion to aim for specific APS for breakpoint reasons.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

weird, all I can think is that its somehow time gated from when you start the character bc I had a level 1 demon hunter that I made with the intent of playing through the campaign with my fiance and never used. Loaded it up, switched to adventure mode normal difficulty setting and made 13 of the soverign oxybeles, upgraded them all, no dice despite getting a couple of regular manticores

Maybe You did something else with it that counts as an action, like touched a follower or something.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RodShaft posted:

Maybe You did something else with it that counts as an action, like touched a follower or something.

Try again making a fresh character IMO. It definitely works on switch at least and I would assume the other consoles.

Trying for a 150 is becoming less fun. I did a 145 and failed a 146 by a few seconds. I'm 12xx para and don't have a few pieces augmented. (ring, ammy, boots) and have about 17k int. Still trying comet because I'm bad at this.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Once I clear 70 I don't touch grifts except to level a gem once in a while. What is wrong with y'all?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So as I was grinding out regular rifts in order to earn more GR keys for the Altar, and an Ancient Puzzle Ring dropped, so I guess I'm set for that tier of the Altar. The next one on the list that I'm not familiar with, from not having some seasons recently, is "Whisper of Atonement Rank 125."

To get that I use petrified screams somehow, but to do what? Put it in the cube and progress some amount through the Echoing Nightmare? Is that like doing GRs to level legendary gems and I need to plan for multiple runs to build up to Rank 125, or is it something different? I have three petrified screams currently in my stash but haven't used them for fear of messing something up, like not going in with the right build. Currently running Dreadlands on my DH but have had the pieces drop for UE and am also thinking of building that out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whisper of Atonements are legendary gems that only drop from Echoing Nightmares. They scale up to level 125 depending on how many waves you manage to clear and serve no other purpose except as an easy source of augments for gear. It's pretty easy to survive until at least Wave 125 with any decently geared, GR90 capable build.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Reach rank 126 or higher, and you will get a rank 125 Whisper of Atonement. Higher ranks in the Echoing Nightmare get you more experience and blood shards, and ends after rank 150. You can rank up Whispers of Atonement over 125 after finishing greater rifts for a higher augment.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

exquisite tea posted:

Whisper of Atonements are legendary gems that only drop from Echoing Nightmares. They scale up to level 125 depending on how many waves you manage to clear and serve no other purpose except as an easy source of augments for gear. It's pretty easy to survive until at least Wave 125 with any decently geared, GR90 capable build.

Thanks. So it's not like what it would take to level a regular legendary gem to 125. That's good.

Does this mean I also need these for the Altar tier asking for "Any Augmented Weapon"?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I just watched a 90% upgrade chance fail 3 times lol

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks. So it's not like what it would take to level a regular legendary gem to 125. That's good.

Does this mean I also need these for the Altar tier asking for "Any Augmented Weapon"?

You only need a level 30 gem to augment a weapon so I'd just level one manually. You want the 125 petrified screams for your own gear.
Don't forget you can transmute gems from one color to another 9 at a time. You make 9 level 9 gems, transmute to the color you want, then make your 3 level 10 gems.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Whisper of Atonements are legendary gems that only drop from Echoing Nightmares. They scale up to level 125 depending on how many waves you manage to clear and serve no other purpose except as an easy source of augments for gear.

They also count towards the "level a gem to xx" quests/conquests. You just have to level any gem while you still have 3 whispers of atonement gems in your inventory you haven't used for the alter or augmenting.

Last nightI just power leveled someone to 70, ran 3 primal screams, a regular rift to get them a key, then a greater rift to get them all those achievements and one conquest. Took about an hour and they were like level 400 by the end.

This season rules.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I love how whisper of atonement counts for all the "level 3 gems" season journey things. Between whisper of atonement, and already having a level 99 LoD, you only have to level 1 other gem to get a conquest done! Then I did Curses, and then got Years of War by accident. I wonder if I've been driven sufficiently insane to finish the altar and do all conquests this season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gariig posted:

You only need a level 30 gem to augment a weapon so I'd just level one manually. You want the 125 petrified screams for your own gear.
Don't forget you can transmute gems from one color to another 9 at a time. You make 9 level 9 gems, transmute to the color you want, then make your 3 level 10 gems.

Part of the full season journey is to augment with a level 50+ so you may as well do that for your sacrifice

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Part of the full season journey is to augment with a level 50+ so you may as well do that for your sacrifice

You're going to do that anyway. I wouldn't bother.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I got enough screams that I just used the whisper and whatever color gems I had at the time for the sacrifice. You'll get more so it's whatever. gently caress leveling gems in GRs just to burn them. A scream takes 3 minutes.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Azran posted:

I just watched a 90% upgrade chance fail 3 times lol

Yeah the gem lady is extremely :xcom:
Just subtract half from any stated number smaller than 95%, as a rough approximation.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Today I learned there's an awesome console exploit (apparently there's less RNG than I thought on console...) to get your altar primals. Make a lvl 1 dh, then craft 13 2h crossbows and upgrade rares to legendary with recipe 3. The 13th will be a primal manticore. Create another new dh if you want to do it more than once. I needed 3 and got them super quick to fill out the last altar potions. Does not work on PC.

Reporting that this works on PS5 (running the PS4 version on it). It just let me finish my altar, and I've gotten double primal drops twice in the last few Nephalem Rift runs!