Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Why would you consume any F1 media that isn't the motorsport.com comment section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is the correct answer, and anyone who says otherwise is suffering from "I listen to a bad podcast that I don't realize is bad"-itis.

Don't feel bad, we all suffer from it in one way or another.

every f1 podcast i've listened to has been self indulgent bullshit that amounts to two random nerds with no credentials in anything talking shite for an hour and never getting to the point*

but apparently i'm learning most podcasts are like this so it must be some modern thing i don't get

*honorable mention bill burr because his takes are hilarious, but his podcast isn't about f1

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

every f1 podcast i've listened to has been self indulgent bullshit that amounts to two random nerds with no credentials in anything talking shite for an hour and never getting to the point*

but apparently i'm learning most podcasts are like this so it must be some modern thing i don't get

*honorable mention bill burr because his takes are hilarious, but his podcast isn't about f1
What if you could create monetizable content in about an hour of real time where editing isn't expected? And, are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen, wondering what to cook every day? Do you want to enjoy delicious meals without wasting food or money? If you answered yes, then you need HelloFresh, America’s #1 meal kit delivery service. HelloFresh delivers fresh, pre-portioned ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes right to your door. You can choose from over 30 weekly options that suit your preferences and dietary needs. Whether you’re a carnivore, a vegetarian, a calorie-counter or anything in between, HelloFresh has something for you. Plus, with HelloFresh, you can skip the grocery store and save up to 28% on your food costs. That’s why HelloFresh has the most five-star reviews among meal kits according to Trustpilot. So what are you waiting for? Try HelloFresh today and get 60% off your first box with code KHABLAMCHAT60. That’s KHABLAMCHAT60 for 60% off your first box of HelloFresh. Visit hellofresh.com or call 1-800-HELLO-FRESH to order now.
I'm sure you'll get on board the podcast wagon and if that's not to your taste, then let me ask you, are you looking for a new way to enjoy books, podcasts, and more? Then you need Audible, the largest producer and provider of premium audio storytelling. With Audible, you can access thousands of audiobooks, Audible Originals, and exclusive podcasts on any device, anytime, anywhere. Whether you want to learn something new, escape into a fantasy world, or laugh out loud with a comedy show, Audible has something for everyone. And right now, you can try Audible for free for 30 days and get your first audiobook on us. Just go to audible.com or click the link in the description to start your free trial today.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I listen to Missed Apex's post-race episodes on my Tuesday commute. Mostly good for getting a recap of what happened in the race from a different perspective, helps me solidify my memory of races that are between 2 and 5 am in my timezone. 80% of the time I don't find the hosts annoying at all.

Pitstop are a couple of British lads that know almost nothing about F1, it seems they got into it about a year ago and immediately started a podcast? Somehow they are getting amazing guests like Bottas, Zhou, Piastri, Crofty, Will Buxton (twice), Jenson Button, and a bunch of junior formula drivers. Because they're kind of clueless it can be good for a new fan as they're often getting their guests to explain things to them and they ask different questions than people who have been following the sport for a while. I'll pop it on whenever they have an interesting guest, which is surprisingly often.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

The Race is an Aramco mouthpiece so they can get hosed.

Everything WTF1 is poo poo
Those two idiots that used to run WTF1 are poo poo
FF1S and shift F1 are both bad, but they’re the best of the bad podcasts and ultimately you need something to listen to on the train.

Shift-F1 is good but I’m sure other Formula 1 fans who remember tobacco advertising might have complaints or remember things better than the hosts sometimes.

The other one I can recommend is Midweek Motorsports from the Radio Le Mans team, they do talk regularly about Formula 1 on and off the track.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

everyone's like "no no no bro you gotta listen to this F1 podcast it's better than all the others" and it's basically listening to two nerds re-enact this thread except they have annoying british accents and say "erm" way too much

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

"so...erm....what did u think of the race yesterday"

"erm....that defijnitely was a race, haha"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Imagine listening to a podcast about something you already watched for 2 hours instead of listening to Phil Collins and using lane guidance to go hands free and airdrum.
Sometimes I wonder about the sad monochrome realities you all live in.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I just watch RPM so he can boil down the complaints of TeamLH and the Verstappen Shaggers into distilled insanity.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rectal Placenta posted:

Why would you consume any F1 media that isn't the motorsport.com comment section

Special type of unhinged, that place is.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

Imagine listening to a podcast about something you already watched for 2 hours instead of listening to Phil Collins and using lane guidance to go hands free and airdrum.
Sometimes I wonder about the sad monochrome realities you all live in.

Not often I agree with Khablam, but this!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Custard Undies posted:

Not often I agree with Khablam, but this!

Early on but he's been making some good posts this season. possible dark horse poster of the year contender imo

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Early on but he's been making some good posts this season. possible dark horse poster of the year contender imo
I'm never going to win anything if I'm attached to a dark horse.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

1. yes
2. because it would make people mad
You've all been correct for entirely the wrong reasons.

The answer is Yes and because Lewis is far and away the most moral F1 driver ever to drive F1. From his wearing of rainbows and Breonna shirts to his impeccable fashion, no driver can touch him. I want L8wis for the same reasons I want Jesus's tomb to be found empty on the third day and Eugene Debs to win the presidential election. Human society -- in the sense of its justice and equality and righteousness -- is improved by his eighth championship and diminished without it. I pity those untouched by knowledge of these Truths.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Khablam posted:

I'm never going to win anything if I'm attached to a dark horse.

You'll stay on fire though

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Randomly discovered this on nightride.fm; it's got a Murray Walker sample, so I might as well post it. I dig it, so I expect at least 500 words of disparagement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyvBY0ScKw

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Frond posted:

Special type of unhinged, that place is.

since i'm banned from the SASCAR discord i have to make do with online streams and let me tell you, if you think motorsport.com is bad

i was gonna paste a screen of a choice one abour our lewis a few days ago but it was so torrid i was worried i'd get banned here too. needless to say it was littered with the N-word every other word

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Cirofren posted:

Pitstop are a couple of British lads that know almost nothing about F1, it seems they got into it about a year ago and immediately started a podcast? Somehow they are getting amazing guests like Bottas, Zhou, Piastri, Crofty, Will Buxton (twice), Jenson Button, and a bunch of junior formula drivers. Because they're kind of clueless it can be good for a new fan as they're often getting their guests to explain things to them and they ask different questions than people who have been following the sport for a while. I'll pop it on whenever they have an interesting guest, which is surprisingly often.

Never heard of this but your description made it sound kinda fishy so a quick google of the couple of British lads thrown up https://www.gleamfutures.com/jakeboys which explains some things about how they’re getting proper f1 guests etc etc. Looks like some social media climbers with management diversifying for the F1 boom

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get In There Lewis

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I just watch RPM so he can boil down the complaints of TeamLH and the Verstappen Shaggers into distilled insanity.

He’s one of the few bright spots in these dark and trying times

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Randomly discovered this on nightride.fm; it's got a Murray Walker sample, so I might as well post it. I dig it, so I expect at least 500 words of disparagement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyvBY0ScKw

I like it, thanks for the share. Matches your Avatar too, and I could easily see/hear it playing on some kind of Amiga racing game.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Welcome to my virtual Podcast, where I will discuss in depth the status of all the F1 teams. Spotify has signed me for eleventy billion dollars for this exclusive content.

Red Bull - Will win 20 races this year and be boring
Aston Martin - Their superior driver lineup will allow them to stay ahead of Mercedes all season
Mercedes - Imploding due to poor leadership. Look for Binnoto to replace Toto next year.
Ferrari - Strategy errors won't matter because their car is poo poo due to design errors.
Alfa Romeo - No one really cares about this team so whatever.
Alpine - What happens when you combine French owners and French drivers
Williams - F1 finally has an American driver. Too bad Americans don't care about back markers
Alpha Tauri - Nick looks Awesome! Yuki looks like a bust
Haas - Gene will sell because they suck again
McLaren - It's a shame to watch this awfull team waste Lando's career.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Waiting For Hamverbot

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

daslog posted:

Welcome to my virtual Podcast, where I will discuss in depth the status of all the F1 teams. Spotify has signed me for eleventy billion dollars for this exclusive content.

Red Bull - Will win 20 races this year and be boring
Aston Martin - Their superior driver lineup will allow them to stay ahead of Mercedes all season
Mercedes - Imploding due to poor leadership. Look for Binnoto to replace Toto next year.
Ferrari - Strategy errors won't matter because their car is poo poo due to design errors.
Alfa Romeo - No one really cares about this team so whatever.
Alpine - What happens when you combine French owners and French drivers
Williams - F1 finally has an American driver. Too bad Americans don't care about back markers
Alpha Tauri - Nick looks Awesome! Yuki looks like a bust
Haas - Gene will sell because they suck again

Interesting. 5 stone cold facts, 5 total gibberish.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

Interesting. 5 stone cold facts, 5 total gibberish.

Still above the average for a Sky F1 pundit.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

By at least 5.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's shites out and away they flow

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

daslog posted:

I'm a mentally disturbed DTS convert who subsequently stopped watching DTS in favor of F1TV.

Lando's rookie year in 2019 was the first season I followed, and, yeah... :smith:

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I'll be honest I quite like watching DtS, partly for the "lol, oh yeah, I remember that" of minor race details, partly for the interviews/little snippets of footage from the paddock that nobody else captured (Binotto knew Ferrari were loving up royally and things needed to change, and was prepared to admit it to Netflix the whole time, while still being in full-on denial mode in public?), and partly for the 4K Super HD Slo Mo shots of race action.
But god drat the stupid stuff is stupid.

I know nothing I am saying here is new, and I am mostly just shouting at the ceiling, but when the tone of someone's voice changes mid-sentence because they've cut three seperate statements together to get a killer line, or the fake race rivalries. Like I think in the episode with the Vettel/Alonso/Piastri shenanigans, there was this idea that both Gasly and Riccardo were both gunning for the Alpine seat, so they framed the whole next race as a Gasly v Riccardo thing, even though they were miles away from each other. bizarre.

But yeah I mean, I'd still kill to get a time-travelling Netflix crew to make DtS 2012 or something. Or DtS 1955

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Diorama posted:

I'll be honest I quite like watching DtS, partly for the "lol, oh yeah, I remember that" of minor race details, partly for the interviews/little snippets of footage from the paddock that nobody else captured (Binotto knew Ferrari were loving up royally and things needed to change, and was prepared to admit it to Netflix the whole time, while still being in full-on denial mode in public?), and partly for the 4K Super HD Slo Mo shots of race action.
But god drat the stupid stuff is stupid.

I know nothing I am saying here is new, and I am mostly just shouting at the ceiling, but when the tone of someone's voice changes mid-sentence because they've cut three seperate statements together to get a killer line, or the fake race rivalries. Like I think in the episode with the Vettel/Alonso/Piastri shenanigans, there was this idea that both Gasly and Riccardo were both gunning for the Alpine seat, so they framed the whole next race as a Gasly v Riccardo thing, even though they were miles away from each other. bizarre.

But yeah I mean, I'd still kill to get a time-travelling Netflix crew to make DtS 2012 or something. Or DtS 1955

DTS 2008 would be incredible. Imagine slow mo 4k footage of the Massa family garage reaction.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just realized i will never win the drivers championship :(

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Oi mate! Welcome to another episode of Pitstop with Jake Boys (That be me!) and my Jake Boys.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Jobbo_Fett posted:

the Verstappen Shaggers

lmao the whats?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhopunzel posted:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Sunk Dunk posted:

just realized i will never win the drivers championship :(

Sorry George

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Not sure if anyone else here follows the official F1 Esports, but it seems they have caught on lately to the fact that true F1 fans crave months of off track drama punctuated by boring procedural races where nothing at all surprising happens.

For a while now, there have been rumblings and whispers questioning the legitimacy of Haas F1 ESport driver Thomas Rohnaar. He moved over to PC fairly recently after racing very fast on XBox. He claims an unusually high number of top times in Q1, always managing to save soft tires for later rounds of qualifying and race, and the nature of some of these laps, where he misses apexes or has an oversteer moment, yet still outpaces P2 by .2s (in a grid where P2 - P20 are separated by .4s), have caused a bit of a stir.

Now, because we can't truly have good things in life, the best source for all of the frame by frame breakdowns of his driving are on a youtube channel of someone who I have learned since looking into all of this stuff was grooming an underaged fan 10 years ago, so I'm not going to link it here or mention their name. But, the general content was that Rohnaar is both carrying much more speed through low speed corners (10-20kph) getting on the throttle much earlier on exit, AND also achieving higher top speeds and using less ERS on straights. The combination of these seem impossible - especially in the confines of the game where all cars perform equally, these 3 things are at odds with one another with regard to car setup. However, because I guess nobody cares or something, there is no anti-cheat measures in place for the F1 22 game, and a quick search through cheat providers shows that there are plenty of grip hacks available, including one specifically for the F1 ESports build of the game which gives your car 101% grip. Much more subtle than the hacks for normal people, but definitely the sort of thing that could quietly give an already world class driver a real edge.

This would all just be those idle speculations and rumors, but then two time F1 ESports champ Jarno Opmeer, who drives for Mercedes, said this during a recent stream of an F1 22 PSGL League race:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyGlamorousBeaverPRChase-QLN-XKXbt8k0Mhb1
https://clips.twitch.tv/UgliestEnticingBatTebowing-kfeDz7mFUbys3uTp

This also puts some "odd" on track behavior into a new light. Such as this incident where Freddy Rasmussen, typically known for being remarkably quiet and unflappable, rams Thomas Rohnaar blatantly toward the end of the F1 Esports Mexico Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRB2ImkcRw

There are several other examples of similar behavior, as though most of the Esports grid is purposely sabotaging him because they all are convinced he is cheating.

BUT, clearly, we crave more drama than this, so, 2 days ago, Williams F1 Esports driver Alvaro Carreton accidentally alt-tabs to this on stream:

Sending the whole world upside down again! We knew about Rohnaar, but Carreton?? He's not even very successful!

However, his excuse his "IM AN UNDERCOVER COP DONT SHOOT"

https://twitter.com/AlvaroCarreton/status/1633900420102799380

Which seems like a lame rear end excuse, but Jarno Opmeer vouched for it in the replies.

Some people say ESports aren't the real thing, but this is the most F1 style off track dramatic saga I've seen in years.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lol

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

It actually doesn't even matter if what he said in his tweet excuse is true, this gently caress up is the most Williams F1 style gently caress up possible for an ESport.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Diorama posted:

Drive to Survive 1973 (You Died)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I keep all my undercover cop work in archivos de programa -> nueva carpeta.