Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Opopanax posted:

You did a good job because that game was rad

I worked on the PSP one not the cool one that Raven made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Mons Hubris posted:

IIRC the +1 energy is an on reveal and the one card per turn is ongoing, so if you can destroy or Enchantress him you can play multiple cards.

he was great when rickety bridge was the featured location for exactly this haha, stick a colossus there and then drop electro on him. also goes hard with locations like vormir or especially the altar of death

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Guys I did it

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

beautiful. normally when my kang gets cosmo, it's on my best doggo
(the other time is me forgetting i just played zero)

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Thanos in the shop this morning, then Kang right after him. Don't care. Give Aero.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I've got MODOK, Shuri, M'Baku, Attuma, Panther, Zabu, and all the series 3. What's my best bet to save my tokens for in terms of general utility, given the upcoming nerfs and series drop?

Kang? Ghost? Darkhawk? Galactus? Should I just try and keep ahead of new S3 drops to keep the increased token drop as often as possible?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

What's the best way to look up what the current series of a card is? Google is polluted with a ton of stale data, showing cards as series 5 that are 4 now, or 4 that are 3 now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

psychopomp posted:

Kang? Ghost? Darkhawk? Galactus? Should I just try and keep ahead of new S3 drops to keep the increased token drop as often as possible?

Kang and Galactus are pretty safe buys at this point

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Chainclaw posted:

What's the best way to look up what the current series of a card is? Google is polluted with a ton of stale data, showing cards as series 5 that are 4 now, or 4 that are 3 now.

I believe Marvel Snap Zone's Collection page is kept up to date:
https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Dracula discarding Infinaut was just the cherry on top for this match.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Why did I think we were supposed to have a bundle come out today? Or is that next week? I thought someone said another one came out this evening with the reset.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Sweet Christ I just pulled Shuri from a cache

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

Why did I think we were supposed to have a bundle come out today? Or is that next week? I thought someone said another one came out this evening with the reset.

I think there's something tomorrow

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Having fun and not caring about climbing with my "Toxic" deck, wincons are either gambit/abs man blowing up all their cards after wong or hazmatting the crap out of them. With Odin/Leech for extra fun just when they think it's over! :haw:

# (0) Yellowjacket
# (2) Black Widow
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (4) Wong
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Leech
# (6) Odin
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWWVsbG93amFja2V0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1dpZG93In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMdWtlQ2FnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGF6bWF0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2FtYml0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXb25nIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYnNvcmJpbmdNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUeXBob2lkTWFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT2RpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

priznat posted:

Having fun and not caring about climbing with my "Toxic" deck, wincons are either gambit/abs man blowing up all their cards after wong or hazmatting the crap out of them. With Odin/Leech for extra fun just when they think it's over! :haw:

I hate this kind of deck even when I beat them.

When you win do you spam Thanos/"I am confident" emotes?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

New Leaf posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-upcoming-bundles/

Special Offer and Mutant Masterpiece are tomorrow.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

New Leaf posted:

what do you like about this game

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

canyonero posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-upcoming-bundles/

Special Offer and Mutant Masterpiece are tomorrow.

God drat it, I forgot that was happening and spent my gold on the Token Tuesday. I only have 110 to my name right now. I can only hope I'll have enough for the Rock bundle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

New Leaf posted:

I know, it’s the worst but if you can’t beat em, be really loving annoying! :haw:

(I still mute and don’t emote tho)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

what do you like about this game

Will you find someone else to pick on? It's getting old.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you're going to keep using this thread as a daily diary to whine about the game (your words) don't get mad when people make fun of you for it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

If you're going to keep using this thread as a daily diary to whine about the game (your words) don't get mad when people make fun of you for it.

It's literally just you and your consistently a jerk to everyone. Just chill out dude, it's not like I'm the only one who bitches here.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No it's just you that I pick on and that whines so much, and it was over a month ago that I asked how you hadn't figured out the game's syntax and you got mad, and you've made like 300 posts since then but sure. In fact, you've had multiple people point out that your attitude with the game seems unhealthy. Asking what you like about the game is completely fair for someone that posts in this thread so much with almost exclusively whining negativity.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 15, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

still a WIP, but this has been kinda fun lately
code:
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Drax
# (5) Aero
# (5) Doctor Octopus
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhlaW1kYWxsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJheCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yT2N0b3B1cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2h1cmkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyRG9vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.
I haven't been seeing nearly as much Galactus lately, so Goblin might be worth swapping out

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
After getting aero'd so much I finally pulled her from a cache but now don't know where to fit her. I think I just wipe all memory of the games where I lost.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I completed collection 3 and my suspicions were proved correct:

- collecting cards is more fun than having cards
- I wasn't missing any crucial cards, I just make dumb decisions with all the cards

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Victor Vermis posted:

I completed collection 3 and my suspicions were proved correct:

- collecting cards is more fun than having cards

And that's why Series 4 and 5 exist.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mirror123 posted:

After getting aero'd so much I finally pulled her from a cache but now don't know where to fit her. I think I just wipe all memory of the games where I lost.

The flippant answer is "every deck" but honestly it's not super far from the truth. Not only are most of your decks probably looking to win 2 locations at the expense of neglecting a third, even if yours aren't, your opponent's probably is.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Quackles posted:

And that's why Series 4 and 5 exist.

You'd think, but they built a system where new cards that aren't in the battle pass are Not Fun due to acquisition difficulty, which, lol

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Studio posted:

You'd think, but they built a system where new cards that aren't in the battle pass are Not Fun due to acquisition difficulty, which, lol

Supposedly something's coming about that this week.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

psychopomp posted:

I've got MODOK, Shuri, M'Baku, Attuma, Panther, Zabu, and all the series 3. What's my best bet to save my tokens for in terms of general utility, given the upcoming nerfs and series drop?

Buy cards you want to play with. Don’t buy cards to get ahead of S3 drops. That’s spending 3000 tokens which takes a lot of caches to accumulate in order to avoid opening one cache with a card in it when the card finally drops. That card is in place of 200-600 tokens.

Galactus, Thanos, Kang will never drop so if you are interested in playing them is always a good time to buy. But don’t buy them if you think their decks look unfun.

The purpose of tokens is to allow you to have more fun in the game by buying cards you want for decks you want to try.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

Supposedly something's coming about that this week.

I would be ecstatic if they cut S3 to a 1/3 and make S4 a 1/20. Right now it just feels bad to open a S4 card only for it to drop to S3 the following week. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Maybe they will double the amount of tokens? Getting 200 at a time would help tremendously.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

psychopomp posted:

Keep ahead to get the increased token drop? What? That's stupid.

A card costs at minimum 1000 tokens. Getting one from a reserve is always better than the on average 400 tokens once you have all S3 cards.

As for best cards to buy, those would be Thanos, Galactus, and Kang. Strictly from a bang for buck perspective of course, if you don't want one of those cards, don't buy them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Trying to use Captain Marvel makes my brain hurt.

1st location is Luke's Bar. Turn 5, I play Marvel right on Muir Island, they play She Hulk mid. Turn 6 I kill their Sunspot, they play Marvel right. My Marvel doesn't move, theirs moves to Luke's Bar and wins the game.

I can only assume my Marvel saw I was winning total power and didn't and then theirs saw they could win in Luke's Bar.

It makes sense but trying to account for that is hard.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I love Rogue. She's niche as hell, but when she gets an opening, she does not disappoint.
Just got 2 retreats from popping her on a Patriot and a Quinjet respectively.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Walla posted:

Trying to use Captain Marvel makes my brain hurt.

1st location is Luke's Bar. Turn 5, I play Marvel right on Muir Island, they play She Hulk mid. Turn 6 I kill their Sunspot, they play Marvel right. My Marvel doesn't move, theirs moves to Luke's Bar and wins the game.

I can only assume my Marvel saw I was winning total power and didn't and then theirs saw they could win in Luke's Bar.

It makes sense but trying to account for that is hard.

If their Marvel moved, then you must have been winning the game. Since you had priority your Marvel made the check first. By the time theirs moves, it's too late for yours to respond. Also you played your Marvel first, which would have broken a tie.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

the_steve posted:

I love Rogue. She's niche as hell, but when she gets an opening, she does not disappoint.
Just got 2 retreats from popping her on a Patriot and a Quinjet respectively.

Hell yeah. If I had Zabu I'd probably slot in Enchantress more but as it stands i think she's great tech, wrecks wongs and zabus too. Indispensable in the climb to 100 this season.

psychopomp posted:

What's Scarlet Witch doing here?

Nothing, really, i just don't have a better 2 drop i like more in the slot. I almost always want to change something too, a lot of the positive locations can end up screwing you more than helping you sometimes too like mojoworld or the card fill bonus ones since you're usually too slow unless you psylocke into jubilee. in this deck Id call it a flex slot, but the Sunspot maw witch combo won lanes so often I'd always go for it.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

If their Marvel moved, then you must have been winning the game. Since you had priority your Marvel made the check first. By the time theirs moves, it's too late for yours to respond. Also you played your Marvel first, which would have broken a tie.

Fun to imagine two Captain Marvels bouncing betweens lanes, forever stuck in an endless loop of losing and winning

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I think I've finally mastered snapping in my Shuri deck, which probably would have helped with my climb. I've gotten so burned in the past with other decks by snapping confidently then immediately getting snapped back and crushed so I've always been a very timid snapper. Now I have my rhythm just in time for her to get nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
When people snap me and I know I'm going to win I'm always afraid to snap back in fear of them second guessing and retreating and just taking the 4