Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Slow News Day posted:

Oh man, that takes me back. Thanks for digging up terrible edgy opinions from my early 20s. The irony is that it was SA that made me realize those opinions were lovely and wrong!

FlapYoJacks posted:

that was 3 years ago lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

that was 3 years ago lol.

My bad. Someone a while back quoted something I posted many years ago and I clicked the link and couldn't view it because I didn't have archives, so I assumed it was the same post. To set the record straight though, my opinion is that genocide is always wrong and never justifiable in any way, and Turkey absolutely genocided Armenians. It's something I'm deeply ashamed of, as a Turk. Sorry for the derail!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mein Gott!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrSSArQoFWc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CGasparino/status/1636050146441019413
https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1636050812110618643

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

did the loving AI guess right??

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The usa is panicking lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
things are happening all the time

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

JamesKPolk posted:

much like the wrong doomsday predictions of evangelicals, AI-stans will move the goal posts so that a rough day is about the same as total economic collapse

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

Slow News Day posted:

Perfect, thanks. So that means neither Biden or Reade has any credibility issues in this specific context, of raping or being raped (since their past lying has occurred in other, irrelevant contexts).

So then the question that still needs answering is: why should we err on the side of believing Reade?

Just about the only reason I can think of is "believe all women", and it is worth noting that "believe all women" does not mean that anyone accused of raping someone immediately goes to jail for 20 years or whatever. It simply means accusers should be taken seriously and their accusations investigated, rather than dismissed immediately. And the media has done quite extensive investigating over the past three months. The problem is that what they found (or rather, have not found) has made the NoJoe crowd extremely angry, and now anyone who dares to doubt Reade is labeled a rape apologist, because you see, Biden is absolutely a rapist, and the real problem is that our standards of evidence for proving guilt are simply too high, and we should just lower them when it comes to rape on the basis that coming forward as a rape victim is really hard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
look, its really important that people not have food stamps. and also that derivative shares of stolen nazi gold be honored in full after it was lent out foolishly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so we'll start to see ripple effects from this later today into tomorrow.... hopefully?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Slow News Day posted:

My bad. Someone a while back quoted something I posted many years ago and I clicked the link and couldn't view it because I didn't have archives, so I assumed it was the same post. To set the record straight though, my opinion is that genocide is always wrong and never justifiable in any way, and Turkey absolutely genocided Armenians. It's something I'm deeply ashamed of, as a Turk. Sorry for the derail!

get out of here you creepy loser

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Rectal Death Adept posted:

To be fair to you Europe doesn't matter nor does anything related to it

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

[doomsday economics] Banks are Strong and Stable. Credit Suisse down 30%. panic, meltdowns, people crying

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I have to say, if the US saves its banking system and it ends up collapsing anyway because of a European bank melting down, it'll be... something.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's funny because for the most part Unions are bananas popular and nobody knows why.

Only the worst people in America like unions, everyone else has money and likes a weak working class.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

JamesKPolk posted:

Turns out it was CramerAI

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

nice meltdown

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pissing, making GBS threads, puking

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Sir this is an abandoned Wendy's.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Credit QCS

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Hootington posted:

The usa is panicking lol

I'm not panicking, should I be panicking?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
It’s not just one government pressuring the Swiss and you all know it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Eric Cantonese posted:

It’s not just one government pressuring the Swiss and you all know it.

No it is only one and it is China. Their communist machinations are once again getting in the way of the free market ideals of the west

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

goddamn, what a piece of poo poo

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Credit Suisse finma collapse no cap screenshot this

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AlderLaneEggs/status/1635753227852603393

lol at using robinhood as your broker

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm not panicking, should I be panicking?

I'm always panicking a little and it's probably not good for me

Need a good ol' fashioned flushed-face tunnel-vision blood pressure-crashing forgot-something-from-six-months-ago panic to really reset my gauges

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wow, a second banking crisis caused by lovely MBSs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

wow, a second banking crisis

has hit the economy

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

https://i.imgur.com/yHVDXMo.mp4

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

JamesKPolk posted:

no it was wrong last month. it's about as accurate as I am.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Lol put on your hard hats, whits about to get real interesting

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Paradoxish posted:

There was a reason that senators were talking about a bailout within hours of things kicking off. People should honestly be livid at the government response here.

The US is an oligarchy and most people either havent noticed, dont care or think its good.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Slow News Day posted:

I have to say, if the US saves its banking system and it ends up collapsing anyway because of a European bank melting down, it'll be... something.

Our banking system being such a fragile piece of poo poo that the crime bank can knock it over wouldn't be particularly surprising, no.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Bank failures are common, the fundamentals of our banks are strong

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Bank failures are common, the fundamentals of our banks are strong

wrap it up bankfailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I thought HSBC was the crime bank. Or was that DB?