Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My account got blocked but try this link:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=671192049137

e: link is probably dead :(

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That kind of shoe was designed for disabled people (who can't tie shoelaces or get an easy grip on straps) maybe there are common assistive words that could help find it?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: Nothing to do with Ali Express but I also inherited a pair of sugar scissors, which are great for halving medicine tablets:

thank you for reading.

I'm here on behalf of your friendly neighbourhood pharmacist to say: Don't do this. Buy the appropriate dosage.

Hirayuki posted:

Pocket Bluetooth Speaker Bone Conduction Wireless Stereo Soundbar Under Pillow Music Box Built-in White Noise Improve Sleep
I don't know if it's actual bone conduction, but I hear it fine through my pillow regardless.

Hint: If it doesn't touch your skull bone, it's not using bone conduction. That's just a small, flat, bluetooth speaker. Aliexpress sellers make up whatever word salad they think will sell units - and of course, they're not wrong because if you put that thing against your temple, you'll indeed be hearing with bone conduction! (Also through your outer ears.)

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 15, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I'm here on behalf of your friendly neighbourhood pharmacist to say: Don't do this. Buy the appropriate dosage.

My doctor won’t prescribe that

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Sentient Data posted:

That kind of shoe was designed for disabled people (who can't tie shoelaces or get an easy grip on straps) maybe there are common assistive words that could help find it?

Step in shoes. However you get soft shoes as well as "hinged" with that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Are you a pharmacist in, like, Junktown?

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Not sure if it's still common, but at Kaiser in the early 2000s I had a prescription for half a pills worth and they just gave me a pill guillotine.

I cut myself on it, like twice trying to keep the tablet from moving.

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
I got a prescription from a doctor in the Bay Area ~5 years ago that included a little plastic pill chopper thing so I could take half at a time. It was almost unusably bad, though I didn't cut myself at least.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Charles Ford posted:

I got a prescription from a doctor in the Bay Area ~5 years ago that included a little plastic pill chopper thing so I could take half at a time. It was almost unusably bad, though I didn't cut myself at least.

You should try sugar scissors, OP.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i cut my pills into a fine dust for easy insufflation

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just order your pills from AliExpress like a normal person

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hirayuki posted:

Speaking of crazy shoes, I was just introduced to these:

It'd be fun to find something like that on Ali, but I barely know where to begin. "Hinged shoes" didn't help, ha.

lol I am wearing a pair of these right now, I bought them on a whim when they first dropped from Nike and they are decently comfortable and the 'no hands' on/off works perfectly. I would imagine if you have limited mobility etc they would be super useful. Some AliX copies would be good to see for that reason alone (as long as they worked properly) but maybe they are too 'niche' to bother knocking off?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I am wearing a pair of these right now, I bought them on a whim when they first dropped from Nike and they are decently comfortable and the 'no hands' on/off works perfectly. I would imagine if you have limited mobility etc they would be super useful. Some AliX copies would be good to see for that reason alone (as long as they worked properly) but maybe they are too 'niche' to bother knocking off?
I think I found one. Might not be in stock if you actually try to buy it but at least the page's up: https://weidian.com/item.html?itemID=1948339952448296956603&spider_token=6120

That's like $60 so I dunno if it's worth it

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

In the US that is often not economically viable. The way insurance and such works, it is often cheaper to prescribe one dosage and just have the patient cut them in half as needed. For instance, the price for 30 5mg pills is often the same as 30 10mg pills, so prescribing the 10mg pills effectively halves the cost. Where this gets sketchy is that because pharmacies change what generics they are using depending on who is providing the best profit margins at any given time, sometimes you'll go from pills that are DESIGNED to be broken in half to ones that are an absolute nightmare to cut in half.

The above isn't even taking into account prescriptions for "1/2 to 1 tablet as needed," which is pretty common, too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Anne Whateley posted:

I have one of these that’s incredibly handy for diced onions, carrots, celery, etc. Obviously not necessary but just super convenient for larger quantities. A lot of them also have a julienne/fry-shaped cutter, second from the back here

Man if that works on carrots I might have to buy one. Fuckin’ hate dicing carrots.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

They don't make my pills in such a small dose :( I was prescribed half pills by my doctor

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Do you have to wear swimming gaggles to use that onion cutter?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
There are pill cutters with tens of thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon for $2.50. I have a pill cutter that cuts any pill just fine goes down in a v shape holder thing, it was free at the pharmacy

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Subjunctive posted:

Man if that works on carrots I might have to buy one. Fuckin’ hate dicing carrots.
It does work on carrots, but obviously the carrot has to be short enough to fit in the square part, so you have to cut it in half first. Or it can do like 4-5 baby carrots at a time

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do you have to wear swimming gaggles to use that onion cutter?
No, one of the reasons I like it is because the cutting goes so much faster — I don’t even begin to tear up before it’s all over and the onions are in the pan. It depends how fast you cry, though. You do still have to halve, top/tail, and peel the onions before putting them in the cutter

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

everdave posted:

There are pill cutters with tens of thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon for $2.50. I have a pill cutter that cuts any pill just fine goes down in a v shape holder thing, it was free at the pharmacy

I have some 10mg zolpidem around here that would prove you wrong. The fuckers will shatter or, at best, cut into thirds instead of halves. Most generic zolpidem is made so it's easy to snap them in half by hand. These semi-spherical bastards are the exact opposite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't cut pills because pharmaceutical companies haven't been making pills for at least several decades :smugmrgw: (I use the scissors because Panadol Forte tablets are just too loving thicc to just snap in two by hand, and the Candesartan Orion are too loving smol for me to even grab in order to snap in two.)

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I got one of those veggie cutter things off amazon but it seemed way too flimsy to actually be useful so I sent it back. “Just slice it really thin and then use this!” Yeah nah.

For something completely different: I bought a couple of these and was pretty happy with them, so I bought every other color:

https://share.temu.com/wosSwGKuAuA

The neck V stitching was crooked on one but I’m a hermit so it doesn’t matter much. True to size, XL was good on my tall and increasingly not-so-thin frame.

Bought an “athletic” shirt too but that thing is scratchy AF. Washing once helped so I’m just going to wash it like 50 times and see.

Bondematt posted:

a pill guillotine.

Eat the rich pill

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 16, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I got one of those veggie cutter things off amazon but it seemed way too flimsy to actually be useful so I sent it back. “Just slice it really thin and then use this!” Yeah nah.

For something completely different: I bought a couple of these and was pretty happy with them, so I bought every other color:

https://share.temu.com/wosSwGKuAuA

The neck V stitching was crooked on one but I’m a hermit so it doesn’t matter much. True to size, XL was good on my tall and increasingly not-so-thin frame.

Bought an “athletic” shirt too but that thing is scratchy AF. Washing once helped so I’m just going to wash it like 50 times and see.

Could you not just have bought t-shirts from the shop for that price?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Could you not just have bought t-shirts from the shop for that price?

$7.50? Not usually. I got a bunch on a deal around Xmas (Kohl’s) but forgot I am generally embiggening, so that was a waste, boo.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

It depends on the original medication, most can be split with no problems. Pharmacists hate that because dispensing fees.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Interesting journey through the depths of ali

Cassette look-a-like phone cover > Empty cassette shell (no tape in it) > Cassette to digital walkman-like device > Unopened/New blank cassettes > actual walkmans > anime cassettes

I have such fond memories of my first walkman which I bought with my birthday money, and a Run DMC tape (Tougher than leather) which I still have, that I almost bought a walkman. Thankfully my brain turned on before I could check out.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

The idea of buying a walkman and novelty cassettes definitely seems cool, even if I'd never use them.

I found a cool new way to harm yourself and others.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804359268703.html

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
God, the rough cut on the plastic in image 3 is just the quality I want in my spring-launched dart gun.

mystes
May 31, 2006

That cassette case cover is presumably supposed to say "kami besuto" which means something very roughly like "god-tier best hits collection" but it actually says "kami basuto" which would mean something like "god-tier cleavage"

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 16, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds fitting for a lot of the characters, though not Goku.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I enjoy how hard the artist seemed to work to keep that girl's boobs in the picture.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wasn’t massively impressed with my first order from Temu, I spent about $50 after heavy discounts and the $2 wall clips for my brooms etc was the only thing that impressed.

Did another small order a few weeks ago and that was a bit better, but have to say impressed with the most recent.

https://share.temu.com/FQKkfFhYXrA

8 days from order to arriving, and Mould King lives up to their reputation from what I can see. Nice to have the original box included too as most experiences with Lego style brands they just send the bagged pieces and maybe the manual if you’re lucky. $17 or so, happy.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

By popular demand posted:

I enjoy how hard the artist seemed to work to keep that girl's boobs in the picture.

100% sure that's just official art

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know of a decent (i.e., working) ceramic coating, like for a car? It's just for my shitbox, doesn't have to be top-notch, but just some protection especially from UV.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

mobby_6kl posted:

Does anyone know of a decent (i.e., working) ceramic coating, like for a car? It's just for my shitbox, doesn't have to be top-notch, but just some protection especially from UV.

Have you considered asking in AI? I don't feel like paint is the sort of thing where you'll really gain anything ordering it from AliExpress.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Are y’all gonna tell me cutting pills with my chef’s knife will ruin it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Have you considered asking in AI? I don't feel like paint is the sort of thing where you'll really gain anything ordering it from AliExpress.
I have but I assume the detailing threat will be pretty :spergin: about it and I don't want a good solution, I want an aliexpress solution :v:

One issue also is that I'm not in the US so many recommendations just aren't available as I don't have (the same) Amazon or Autozone or whatever.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

codo27 posted:

Aside from saving a buck, I'm not sure why you'd shy away from a standard Xbone controller. Its dpad is fine.

I wish. There must be some premium on controllers here in Australia, but these AliX ones are half the price of the knockoffs sold in store here. At least a third the price if I want to go actual Microsoft brand. Hopefully the OP will post a review when they get them so I don't have to work through the wacky auto-translations on the store page.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

mobby_6kl posted:

I have but I assume the detailing threat will be pretty :spergin: about it and I don't want a good solution, I want an aliexpress solution :v:

One issue also is that I'm not in the US so many recommendations just aren't available as I don't have (the same) Amazon or Autozone or whatever.

:justpost: my goon. I'm pretty sure the AI subforum understands the concept of beater/shitbox cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Are y’all gonna tell me cutting pills with my chef’s knife will ruin it?

it might lace the family dinner with drugs later, which could both be a good and a bad thing