Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bright Bart posted:

Make Batman mildly psychic just to mess up the formula. Like he can predict punches a few second before they're thrown.

That's just the Midnighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the Nasty Midnighters

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1636056690385903621

:rip: but not unexpected since the renewal wasn't announced right away.

Not surprising, but still, god dammit. I knew they were being super smug with their ending setting up a 3 season show.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:lol: why did everyone hate on the ending of You so much, this was the best possible send-off the show could get. Since season one the universe has been contorting to make Joe succeed as long as he murders, no matter how incompetently he does it and season 3 especially leaned really hard into it. Joe the murder savant just murder savanting himself to the peak of society, even going so far as to murder his actualized self, just brilliant stuff.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

MiddleOne posted:

:lol: why did everyone hate on the ending of You so much, this was the best possible send-off the show could get. Since season one the universe has been contorting to make Joe succeed as long as he murders, no matter how incompetently he does it and season 3 especially leaned really hard into it. Joe the murder savant just murder savanting himself to the peak of society, even going so far as to murder his actualized self, just brilliant stuff.

We've been trained to dislike final seasons for a few years now.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

MiddleOne posted:

Bright Bart posted:

I thought the feeling is we'll get one more season where Joe/Will/Jonathan finally gets his.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ah, that loving sucks. I wanted to see what was in those other books.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The show started off a little slow, but all the characters really grew on me, i'm sad that it won't get a second season.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

ruddiger posted:

Ah, that loving sucks. I wanted to see what was in those other books.

If history is a guide then it was probably words and maybe some pictures.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Zachack posted:

If history is a guide then it was probably words and maybe some pictures.

And maybe another Metallica cover?

God, that show was fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oasx posted:

The show started off a little slow, but all the characters really grew on me, i'm sad that it won't get a second season.

Yeah, it wasn't the best show but it was a lot of fun, and I dug that they ended it by going,"Yeah, we got a lot more we want to do!" so this sucks.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Bright Bart posted:

Hughmoris posted:

I thought the feeling is we'll get one more season where Joe/Will/Jonathan finally gets his.

Yeah, the production team want another season.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Paul T Goldman.

ummm…after the divorce is finalized and we go into Paul’s screenplay…I’m kinda confused on just wtf is happening. Like the acting is horrible and maybe that’s the point. But this episode sucks.

Just finished the episode: it said he was mentally unstable I think. I just have no idea why there’s a 5th episode…

nwin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 16, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Has anyone checked to see if Paul T Goldman is just Nathan Fielder in elaborate prosthetics?

He’s done it before!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/john-mulaney-standup-special-netflix-baby-j-1235554901/
John Mulaney has a new Netflix special premiering April 25th. I'm assuming it will cover a lot of the same material from his most recent tour which means a lot of talk about the circumstances around his time in rehab.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Anyone watching farmer wants a wife?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Looks like the latest "American remake of a UK show", some dating show for farmers?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
It’s The Bachelor Meets Yellowstone, don’tcha know.

And at least one of the farmers is gay, and probably two.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

muscles like this! posted:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/john-mulaney-standup-special-netflix-baby-j-1235554901/
John Mulaney has a new Netflix special premiering April 25th. I'm assuming it will cover a lot of the same material from his most recent tour which means a lot of talk about the circumstances around his time in rehab.

Been waiting a long time for this one. His first two specials were s tier.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Perry Mason still good.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Anyone watching farmer wants a wife?

…Yeah. I just like Jennifer Nettles, that’s all.

It is extremely corny so far, I really hope it gets trashier. I did like when Farmer Whatever asked the New York lady to come to his farm and she was just “um, thank you. no” and then walked out.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Okay, so I think this trailer sucks, but I'm going to blame the editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPIMHBzGDs

Beef's got a great cast, a great concept (a black comedy about a slowly escalating case of road rage) and even in the trailer there are so many great shots. Have no idea why it's edited like that though, trying to cut around all the swearing and giving it a wholesome life affirming montage when it's very clearly not going in that direction at all. Weird, weird choices.

Anyway, I'm keen for it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bob Iger saw #StopWillow trending and reached a logical conclusion.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah he calls himself Baby J a whole bunch of times in this show lol. It’s really good stuff and I’m excited to see it again.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Would anyone say that Netflix is worth maintaining a subscription for, or is their hit rate still kinda poo poo?

Edit: I'd be subscribing for new shows, rather than to maintain access to old ones.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I don't think anyone can tell you what you do or do not like in the service.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Edward Mass posted:

I felt like I was taking crazy pills when Willow was airing. I watched it because nostalgia but hooo boy did I have a ton of problems with it, only to see various SA threads praising it.

That said I hope it gets one of those "writers tell us what was going to happen if it had been renewed" posts like Midnight Mass

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Remember all the hand wringing about Arrested Development leaving Netflix on March 15th?

Yeah, its the 16th and it's still there and there's no leaving warning anymore.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

bull3964 posted:

Remember all the hand wringing about Arrested Development leaving Netflix on March 15th?

Yeah, its the 16th and it's still there and there's no leaving warning anymore.

Very upset to learn that there's still a chance unsuspecting viewers could be exposed to season 5.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Chairman Capone posted:

Very upset to learn that there's still a chance unsuspecting viewers could be exposed to season 5.

It's considered better than 4 no?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

It's not even close, and I don't even absolutely love season 4.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bright Bart posted:

lmao absolutely loving not

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

lmao and also :smith:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hulu, please stop trying to autoplay Malibu Country after Abott Elementary? Someone also needs to tell Reba she already did this sitcom in the 00s

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Khanstant posted:

hulu, please stop trying to autoplay Malibu Country after Abott Elementary? Someone also needs to tell Reba she already did this sitcom in the 00s

For me its Home Economics.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Peacock really wants me to watch Lopez vs Lopez. Which I get because I’m watching American Auto, Night Court, and Grand Crew and have mostly used the service to watch stuff like The Office, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and That 70s Show. So I get it. I’m into sitcoms and that’s one of your current ones. But there needs to be a “not interested” button so you stop trying to auto play it after every new episode I watch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
never heard of it, hope i didnt curse myself googling it. if i did curse myself, i'm still better off than topher grace, good lord OOPS he was the 70s show one not the spider man one, i reckon this is his normal wheelhouse

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone else watching School Spirits? I'm really enjoying it. I like the rules they've made up for their ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Other Two season 3 premieres May 4.