Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rarity posted:

Probably from other people who played it op

Glad you liked the game though!

Did they though????? :colbert: (I know, it's imo)

It's really good! I don't 100% games anymore unless I really, really like them and even then it still might not happen. GW: Tokyo def deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1636014629640978434?t=1zllgJavvEvChR66GhTXNA&s=19

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The most famous anime of all time, Jojo "Platinum" Joestar, had a hair-hat. Checkmate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Didn't square get the memo that all NFTs have to be badly drawn apes

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1636016252698198017/photo/1

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1636347494140628992

:sickos:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In other news hajime tabata, former SE director, is working with the Japanese governent to develop an "open metaverse infrastructure from a role-playing game perspective"

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-15-director-is-now-gamifying-japans-business-economy-with-the-metaverse

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Epic is releasing an unreal editor so part of Fortnite is turning into Roblox, but with supposedly more robust developing options.
https://twitter.com/FNCreate/status/1636351947547582465?t=IOhVEjUXyDqRKoQRzivU9A&s=19

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Holy wow, the Steam Deck is way the gently caress cheaper than I thought it’d be, $400 for the 64 GB one and another $50 for a 512GB card. It’s still a lot of money, but I need an emulation system and I’ve really missed PC gaming…

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Holy wow, the Steam Deck is way the gently caress cheaper than I thought it’d be, $400 for the 64 GB one and another $50 for a 512GB card. It’s still a lot of money, but I need an emulation system and I’ve really missed PC gaming…

It's the best in class at that price range by a large margin, highly recommend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

Seems like the perfect collab? The company with even uglier off-brand minions collabing with a walmart version of a game that started ugly

Found the Ubisoft exec

Check the name of the game again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Found the Ubisoft exec

Check the name of the game again

I'm pretty sure that what they meant by Walmart version of a that started ugly

Great Value Fall Guys: Stumble Guys

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dis they ever fix the PC port?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Counterstrike is the Dark Souls of first person shooters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

Dunno where this impression came from but it's a fantastic game. It drips the mix of the Japanese urban legend / historic mythos combo aesthetic, the combat itself is viscerally fun and looks really cool, and the collection portion is the smoothest, easiest collectathon I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The entire soundtrack is also A++, I had added it to my playlist after I finished the game and didn't regret it. The MC also has a good character arc IMO, made the ending a bit more satisfying.

I'd just be flying around fighting Visitors even when I didn't need to because it was just fun to do while doing collection stuff.

There's a bunch of closets and dumpsters you can hide in Metal Gear Solid style, and a boss fight with a hiding mechanic. But none of it ends up doing anything. It feels like a stealth mechanic was meant to be heavily used at one point in development and then it was abandoned.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Dignity posted:

Dis they ever fix the PC port?

I didn't know the PC port even had any issues. I've had it since day 1 on Epic and ran into no problems?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I didn't know the PC port even had any issues. I've had it since day 1 on Epic and ran into no problems?

how good a PC port is nowadays on launch depends in large part on your particular GPU/CPU due to shader compilation issues

my old shithouse PC ran nier: automata and FF7R on launch with basically zero issues, and my current PC has run DSR and wo long perfectly fine, but there's plenty of people out there with beef PCs who have stuttering so bad in wo long that they may as well be playing a slideshow

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Vermain posted:

how good a PC port is nowadays on launch depends in large part on your particular GPU/CPU due to shader compilation issues

my old shithouse PC ran nier: automata and FF7R on launch with basically zero issues, and my current PC has run DSR and wo long perfectly fine, but there's plenty of people out there with beef PCs who have stuttering so bad in wo long that they may as well be playing a slideshow

Wo Long stuttering seems to be a CPU issue from what I've gathered, unique to 12th/13th gen Intel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PC this gen has become the weakest link in gaming from what i've seen. :/

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Wo Long stuttering seems to be a CPU issue from what I've gathered, unique to 12th/13th gen Intel.

it might be a specific 12th/13th gen CPU or a CPU + GPU combination, because i'm on an i5-12400F and the amount of stuttering i've had can be counted on one hand. computers are loving weird

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

PC this gen has become the weakest link in gaming from what i've seen. :/

I don't what you mean, between Game Pass obsoleting Xboxes and the PS5 having no games it's a pretty easy layup for it and Nintendo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Big games have been releasing with weird stuttering problems lately. That kind of stuff drives me nuts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

Big games have been releasing with weird stuttering problems lately. That kind of stuff drives me nuts

*checks crystal ball*
Says here "DRM nonsense"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_bab5wtHY

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ppl should've pirated that game anyway (then laughed at the cracker's baffling nfo screed)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno, I pirated Hogwarts and still get those stuttering problems. The game requires a SSD that is equivalent or faster to what is in the PlayStation 5 / Xbox Series X.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Midnight Suns ran 100% better after bypassing their lovely launcher thing.

Now if I could just find a way to make the rest of the game better HEY-OH!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The stuttering a lot of recent ports have can be caused by Denuvo or whatever but a lot are engine based as far as I know. I think there's ways around it if you let it build a cache at the first startup after a patch or install like Dead Space remake does now and Monster Hunter Rise does. I had major stuttering issues in Elden Ring but they went away as I got past the beginning of the game and I think they're better now after patches than on release. Haven't really had stuttering on Wo Long with a 13th gen Intel CPU but I did have to turn off a setting to get it to stop flickering white light every 3 seconds.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Saint Freak posted:

Midnight Suns ran 100% better after bypassing their lovely launcher thing.

Now if I could just find a way to make the rest of the game better HEY-OH!

-10 friendship points
My goty...how could you...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Khanstant posted:

Seems like the perfect collab? The company with even uglier off-brand minions collabing with a walmart version of a game that started ugly

You fool, Minions are the knockoff Rabbids

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
anyone else planning on playing some exoprimal tonight?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God, you know what, I can't wait to pay 60 bucks for a game with a battle pass.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Battle rear end

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Shameful.

Not even getting a collector's edition.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

battle pass, because games are too cool to have season passes

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009
I know it won't be as good as Lost planet 2 with 3 of my closest friends in freshman year, but y'know... shooting dinos, for free in this multiplayer stress test beta, and probably not end up buying it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gahmah posted:

anyone else planning on playing some exoprimal tonight?

Oh is the beta this week?

Yeah sure I guess

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

shame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The game's entire identity as an IP is "Why isn't this just Dino Crisis"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Would Dino Crisis fans be happy with their first new game in decades being a GaaS game? They dodged a bullet imo