Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

It's shocking that the governing body that exists as a public private partnership with the financial sector governs in a way beneficial to the financial sector. I'm sure that it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

unlimited free money in 2020 finally detached the markets completely from anything to do with reality and the people in charge are loving stupid

now the people in positions of power that are making decisions about the economy are stumbling around like cavemen beating charts with wooden clubs when the economy has basically turned into bitcoin trading

In other words just like any Bitcoin exchange it all goes well until someone tries to actually cash out their digital fortune and the whole curtain come tumbling down to reveal a naked puppet master vanishing through a stage door and one old boot.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Delta-Wye posted:

why does the working class, the larger of the two classes, not simply eat the rich?

Too much saturated fat.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1glitch0 posted:

I think the banking system is about to collapse.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is doomsday economics, not loving D&D

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i think the wanking system is about to collapse

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

#1: that's number
#2: that's number

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Well, a number of major banks are either going under or threatening to go under right now. That's a lot more concrete evidence than we have for most economic predictions.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cup Runneth Over posted:

nerd

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no idea whats gonna happen. its gonna be stupid though. god its going to be so loving stupid.

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

#1: that's number
#2: that's number

#3: that's wang

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

no idea whats gonna happen. its gonna be stupid though. god its going to be so loving stupid.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

anime was right posted:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
more blood please

come on do it I said please

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

anime was right posted:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

more blood please

come on do it I said please

well ok, but just this once.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the stupidest option is that this system goes back to "normal" despite the predictions of everyone in here and against all common sense that this poo poo cannot keep going as it has been

which is exactly what is going to happen

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shipon posted:

the stupidest option is that this system goes back to "normal" despite the predictions of everyone in here and against all common sense that this poo poo cannot keep going as it has been

which is exactly what is going to happen

Probably going back to normal but with like 50% more systemic increased risk taking now that everyone knows "too big to fail" includes like, a larger regional bank

We find out in 3 years that this meant all regional banks started buying 10x levered inverse NFT funds last week

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

biden is going to mint the coin using platinum
later, we're going to find out ea-nasir sold him the platinum at a discount

later, we're going to find out that the platinum that was sold to him at a discount was actually just a bag of rocks

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
yeah "normal"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

"money isn't real", i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the 21st century with my lovely empire

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Grognan posted:

yeah "normal"

our necks remain beneath but a heavier boot

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SourKraut posted:

This is doomsday economics, not loving D&D

cmon man recognize a funny quote for once in your life

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah, me. What'cha gonna do 'bout it?

(shrugs on white bomber jacket, combs back hair)

(assumes starting dance off pose in surprisingly well lit new york back alley surrounded by supporting dancers that appear from nowhere)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
biden will do the needful, but only because he heard mint chip. say hello to the world's first trillion dollar ice cream cone.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

how the gently caress is Alan Greenspan still alive

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Rectal Death Adept posted:

It hasn't happened yet but after the fed declared infinite bailouts Yellen walked it back last week claiming this only applies to banks deemed to be important. Only if they decide the bailout prevents "systemic issues" will it happen.

So theoretically some regional bank or credit union could collapse and not be considered important enough to bail out and anyone with deposits over 250k would be hosed. This just hasn't been tested since we are 7 days into the infinite bailouts being declared and no smaller banks have collapsed and had their fate decided yet.

spoiler alert: all deposits are protected to infinity because the alternative would end every bank in the US instantly and everybody knows it. The fed couldn't contain the fallout if every not-big-4 bank died at the exact same time. So all deposits are protected no matter what it takes.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Der Meister posted:

Just waiting for kissinger to weigh in too

Xpforr
Sep 7, 2022

Der Meister posted:

I dont know for sure, but I assume it’s one of two things. Exercise or suckling off of Kissingers teats.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mola Yam posted:

i think the wanking system is about to collapse

On the contrary, my wanking system is extremely solid and stable right now.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
lmao an argument that bad should trigger automatic trebling of damages.

should have just gone with 'they weren't white people, nobody gives a poo poo' like every other disaster that happens outside the US/Europe.

it always works

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

cmon man recognize a funny quote for once in your life

gently caress, lol. I just need to go to bed. Three young kids is really killing the brain cells

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Der Meister posted:

Ayn Rand cursed him when he declined to gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jesus christ paul volcker was 6'7"

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

it's much better to be tall than to be smart, competent, experienced, attractive, etc. Much like our strong, beautiful presidents wiki if you want an html table

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
imagine getting on a plane when u can just stand up with ur own two feet

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

jesus christ paul volcker was 6'7"

they rhyme

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its not related but Kucinich's wife is over 6 feet tall and well, look at them together lol

he's always hugging her and getting doted on like a little kid but he looks like a gremlin, I love it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SourKraut posted:

gently caress, lol. I just need to go to bed. Three young kids is really killing the brain cells

alright, fair, im retracting my comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

this is anti-Irish racism

https://twitter.com/business/status/1638089051986178050