Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thread title got me enjoying some fine ea-nasir memes.

https://twitter.com/NeldonJacob/status/1526328683933278212?s=20
https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1636745887157481472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:yeshaha:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

PoundSand posted:

That's always a part I found strangely confusing I mean surely a big collapse would hurt everyone right. Proportionally of course the poor will suffer more but if you just grind america in a general sense down into poverty the rich people won't be as rich as they once were and that seems like it should be something they'd want to avoid?

the really rich people are cosmopolitan and don't give two shits about America. They can always go to New Zealand

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

yeah but it's interesting to see a dipshit like him acknowledge reality in terms of the failure of capitalism I guess. This poo poo is getting unsustainable and it's obvious to everyone

He's one of the coming system's minor nobility, I don't think he cares too much about capitalism dying.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's one of the coming system's minor nobility, I don't think he cares too much about capitalism dying.

whatever tucker Swanson personally believes he's at least aware that even his audience is getting fed up with being chewed up

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

buncha libs shocked to learn class consciousness means sympathy for working class whites

Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's Class War indirectly warns about this.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

PoundSand posted:

That's always a part I found strangely confusing I mean surely a big collapse would hurt everyone right. Proportionally of course the poor will suffer more but if you just grind america in a general sense down into poverty the rich people won't be as rich as they once were and that seems like it should be something they'd want to avoid?

past a certain point the numbers really don't matter. unless you're trying to turn it into more money, 100 million doesn't buy you substantially more personal luxury than 50 million. the much larger concern is continued dominance and position at the top of the hierarchy and the aristocrats will burn the world to a pile of ash so long as they think they can sit on top of the pile at the end

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Good thing that petty bourgeois revolt and resentment has never caused anything heinous in the world

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Me 🤝 Tucker Carlson
Technology is destroying jobs and the economy.
https://twitter.com/_anna_joy_/status/1637480026190004224?t=F3-Y9OowIwiUSUqDVrmamg&s=19

Tucker simply understands what happens to his position in this society and economy when it gets pushed past the steady state it's been in for as long as anyone in America can remember.

Shapiro is too dumb to realize how fast he'd be thrown to the wolves

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Credit Jizze

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

text editor posted:

Tucker simply understands what happens to his position in this society and economy when it gets pushed past the steady state it's been in for as long as anyone in America can remember.

Shapiro is too dumb to realize how fast he'd be thrown to the wolves

Yeah that’s the thing. This is a police state, but that only works up to a point. As society breaks down so does the ability to protect rich citizens, and will scale to what connections you have.

Like good luck trying to do police poo poo in a full blown shanty town.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

landlords would 100% make you pay the cc fee

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PoundSand posted:

No because it won't affect their lives, and they'll buy things at fire sale prices and be richer after the recovery than they were going into it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Seems bitcoin people have pivoted to a message of "Powell and the Fed is making USD worthless so you need to decide if you want Bitcoin or the yolk of digital Yuan of communist China."

We can barely afford the yolk these days as it is!

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
So do the banks still have the runs?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

china will grow larger

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

skooma512 posted:

Yeah that’s the thing. This is a police state, but that only works up to a point. As society breaks down so does the ability to protect rich citizens, and will scale to what connections you have.

Which ties back to, they have no social connections, only financial ones, so a breakdown not only makes protecting them difficult, but removes the rationale for doing so.

Hockenheim
Oct 20, 2022

by VG

HallelujahLee posted:

china will grow larger

let's build!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/KITV4/status/1638058801294082048

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

You're laughing? etc etc

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my great grandma died cause she had a stroke and blood clots at the same time. Either the blood must be clotted to stop the stroke or thinned to break the clot. USA will die the same way. Rip old grandma, death to america

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Twerk from Home posted:

Tucker Carlson is not changing anything, nor will he flip.

He's a loving Nazi. He has always wanted subsidized, protected good jobs for white christian american men. This is inline with what he has always said and done.

Oh no to be clear I mean for their standards. Carveouts for whites is too much for capital because anything for any group that isn't the capitalist class is too much.

Flipping to 'maybe we shouldn't destroy the country for next quarter's profits' is flipping to Communism to them.

Casey Finnigan posted:

the really rich people are cosmopolitan and don't give two shits about America. They can always go to New Zealand

Oh! I didn't know New Zealand had a massive fleet and army and air force to ensure their property? Wonder why they don't just move on now while the getting's good? First one there's gonna be able to make the others pay rent!

Oh wait that's right they'll lose all their money if America is a smoking wreck that can't even gun down other nations who want their stolen property back so they need it one to keep it's carriers and missiles and planes and soldiers around. This is basically just a slightly less ridiculous version of escaping to Mars. There is basically no alternative that has better prospects for them. China maybe, but they know they won't bend over for them and Russia's oligarchal pit of snakes is too likely to be the ones using them. It's a fire sale on their assets if they don't have a strong nation's backing, and why would anyone with preexisting rich not make them give a massive discount to translate their assets?

Serf
May 5, 2011

thechosenone posted:

Oh no to be clear I mean for their standards. Carveouts for whites is too much for capital because anything for any group that isn't the capitalist class is too much.

Flipping to 'maybe we shouldn't destroy the country for next quarter's profits' is flipping to Communism to them.

Oh! I didn't know New Zealand had a massive fleet and army and air force to ensure their property? Wonder why they don't just move on now while the getting's good? First one there's gonna be able to make the others pay rent!

Oh wait that's right they'll lose all their money if America is a smoking wreck that can't even gun down other nations who want their stolen property back so they need it one to keep it's carriers and missiles and planes and soldiers around. This is basically just a slightly less ridiculous version of escaping to Mars. There is basically no alternative that has better prospects for them. China maybe, but they know they won't bend over for them and Russia's oligarchal pit of snakes is too likely to be the ones using them. It's a fire sale on their assets if they don't have a strong nation's backing, and why would anyone with preexisting rich not make them give a massive discount to translate their assets?

as we all know, the rich have their money in the form of giant dragon hoards

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

we need that officer down star but for landlords

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

dpreview (site for cameras, don't be horny!!) is apparently closing too as a result of the amazon thing. rip

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Centrist Committee posted:

we need that officer down star but for landlords

You just use the same one.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

yeah but it's interesting to see a dipshit like him acknowledge reality in terms of the failure of capitalism I guess. This poo poo is getting unsustainable and it's obvious to everyone

I like how he offers limp and unconvincing praise for capitalism right after he flatly admits that he's fine with being dishonest about his motivations if he thinks it will persuade people

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like how he offers limp and unconvincing praise for capitalism right after he flatly admits that he's fine with being dishonest about his motivations if he thinks it will persuade people

"if I was president I'd just do the thing that makes sense and lie about why to placate the dummies"

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Serf posted:

as we all know, the rich have their money in the form of giant dragon hoards

It's even worse: it's assets all over the world in countless different countries with an endless series of subsidies and laws. Only a nation with overwhelming military and political might could even hope to (edit: recoup, but it still made sense in context of you like read it as hoping to the throne or whatever) 75 percent of the value in total. Why on earth should they put in that effort for some useless idiot not attached to an apparatus that can already do that (because they destroyed it's ability to do so)? Because they promise to destroy them too?

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Mar 21, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

dpreview shutting down is honestly a big deal because there's virtually zero chance amazon archives the data for public viewing forever based on what the site says and a quarter century of information will likely be gone from the web just like that

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I love number it's fun and exciting and provides lots of lmao content what's to hate!!!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

dpreview shutting down is honestly a big deal because there's virtually zero chance amazon archives the data for public viewing forever based on what the site says and a quarter century of information will likely be gone from the web just like that

hmm doesn't sound profitable to just let people have information, sorry

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

triple sulk posted:

dpreview (site for cameras, don't be horny!!) is apparently closing too as a result of the amazon thing. rip

drat, that's a fuckin og site there

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

parasyte posted:

drat, that's a fuckin og site there

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

God this should would be amazing right now. Between musk, fuckerburg, Thiel’s bank run, David sacks etc there’s just an insane amount of content.

It was cancelled too soon

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

lol the feds are going to raise rates and the market will crash. ATH

priced in

no more market crashes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't donate to npr but I do donate to the Internet archive

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Antonymous posted:

my great grandma died cause she had a stroke and blood clots at the same time. Either the blood must be clotted to stop the stroke or thinned to break the clot. USA will die the same way. Rip old grandma, death to america

nah we will just print a new grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

triple sulk posted:

I give this DP four outta five

The fifth star is standing in the corner, watching