Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

George H.W. oval office posted:

It's very cool the apartment I live in is a "luxury apartment" that doesn't even have a real vent exhaust over the stove and instead just blows straight up onto the cabinets and to the ceiling. Greasy cabinets and a grease stain on the ceiling. $2200\mo for this poo poo lol.

All apartments are "luxury apartments" in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah I've said the same thing in the US where the food inflation is being tracked as lower. Oh yeah bread is 50% more expensive and rice and the meats are like 20-30% more, keep tracking inflation at like 10% or something.

Official inflation numbers have all kinds assumptions baked in to determine the relative weighting of different components and the end result is that you'll never see anything like the official value if you just pay attention to your own spending. Official CPI values say that $120 now has the same buying power as $100 in 2019 and that's just clearly, blatantly bullshit and anyone who tracks their spending/budget in detail can see it.

The reason you have idiot economists talking about artisanal inflation values is because it's all just choose your own adventure bullshit. Economists and policymakers are lying by implying that our data on this poo poo is at all reliable.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

is this the thread for complaining about the land we own and our very expensive apartments

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

iirc, food inflation is heavily discounted because it is assumed food consumption is fixed; you can't eat less food than it takes to survive so your consumption will always have to keep pace with rising prices. no choice = no inflation.

this is what I remember at least

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

SorePotato posted:

is this the thread for complaining about the land we own and our very expensive apartments

my face when i sign my lease renewal next month paying more for the same:

street doc
Feb 20, 2019

SorePotato posted:

the dock fees on the yachts are too drat high

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

SorePotato posted:

That seems to be the housing market thread but then again I'm a filthy renter so what do I know

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

do 145bpm you loving pussy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTOK9OUxJps

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

do 145bpm you loving pussy

pfft, that is already my resting heart rate

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
7k for a full stack? Sounds like a steal to me.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

bedpan posted:

pfft, that is already my resting heart rate

lol

saturday mornings sometime become "how much weed and coffee can my body handle?"

i kind of win and lose a lot on those ones

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It's very cool the apartment I live in is a "luxury apartment" that doesn't even have a real vent exhaust over the stove and instead just blows straight up onto the cabinets and to the ceiling. Greasy cabinets and a grease stain on the ceiling. $2200\mo for this poo poo lol.

man what the gently caress I was renting a whole three bedroom house with an almost self contained basement apartment in it for $2200 in 2019

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
wasn’t capital one like at least one of the original "zombie banks" when the term was created back pre 2008? I seem to remember being baffled that it still existed and then that sam Jackson was shilling for them lol

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
"Luxury" apartment just means anything that was built or renovated in the last ten years (renovated just means someone put in LVP)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

street doc posted:

the dock fees on the yachts are too drat high

Seize the means of docking.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i am harry posted:

man what the gently caress I was renting a whole three bedroom house with an almost self contained basement apartment in it for $2200 in 2019

I live in Austin. A 2 bedroom 30 miles north in the burbs costs the same. poo poo is so incredibly hosed.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Buffer posted:

I will make the bold prediction that life expectancy and wages are the only numbers that are down at the end of the day

Thank you Brandon for saving social security.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm not even joking about someone buying the London Bridge and moving it to Arizona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

"Luxury" apartment just means anything that was built or renovated in the last ten years (renovated just means someone put in LVP)

what even makes it luxury

if you can buy it in bulk from home depot that feels disqualifying

is it because it's that weird grey color

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Don't forget they made the appliances either black or stainless steel, and added a subway tile backsplash in the kitcheN!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My refrigerator isn't even true stainless steel because magnets stick to it with no issues

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Luxury apartment complex (at least now in Austin for the case of older complexes ) = new gray or dark primary color paint on the exterior and an updated property sign in sans-serif font

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i once had an apartment with those sealed cement floors

luxury cement

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zoodpipe posted:

Luxury apartment complex (at least now in Austin for the case of older complexes ) = new gray or dark primary color paint on the exterior and an updated property sign in sans-serif font

I think even the lovely old apartment I lived in 10 years ago is labeled as "luxury apartments" despite the fact that there isn't even any central air and is falling apart.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Out of curiosity, what happen to credit cards issued from a bank that goes under? I know that loans are considered assets and would end up being sold to somewhere else, but does that also apply to credit cards?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm not even joking about someone buying the London Bridge and moving it to Arizona.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_(Lake_Havasu_City)

this kicks rear end they didnt even build it over water they dug out a canal to run under it afterwards

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

hmm yeah turns out we already figured out Luxury Communism. just need it to get a bit gayer, spacier, and more automated

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
It's luxury because it's expensive. You have the luxury of paying $2600/mo for a 2 bedroom.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

i once had an apartment with those sealed cement floors

luxury cement

brutalist apartment

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Twerk from Home posted:

It's luxury because it's expensive. You have the luxury of paying $2600/mo for a 2 bedroom.

Or $1800 a month for a one bedroom, or $1400 mo for a a studio don't forget that part, housing is a luxury in 2023

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Twerk from Home posted:

How can I be upset about the imploding economic system when that bread turtle is so cute?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I live in Austin. A 2 bedroom 30 miles north in the burbs costs the same. poo poo is so incredibly hosed.

It's so bad in Austin, I know someone who kept her job here in Austin and rents in San Antonio.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

i say swears online posted:

born in 84 and I have a negative net worth

high five

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

My refrigerator isn't even true stainless steel because magnets stick to it with no issues

lucky

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

It's so bad in Austin, I know someone who kept her job here in Austin and rents in San Antonio.

lmao that commute

:wtc:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I am going to make Children of Men real.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
"Luxury" is code for "we don't take section 8". It's a class signifier.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Nodelphi posted:

Thank you Brandon for saving social security.

Social security age number also go up. ATH.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Iron Crowned posted:

there are many different grades of stainless steel and many are magnetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

[slaps some new paint on the outside of apartment complex] check out our new remodeled apartments