Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Oglethorpe posted:

lol everything's cratering

I mean it could crater harder :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SKULL.GIF posted:

The market reversed a +2% day and is currently -0.85% because of Yellen spooking everyone

FRC and PACW are both -16% and seem like candidates to go bust this week/later this weekend.

hell yeah

jump motherfuckers!!!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

musk isn't an industrial capitalist, any actual robber barons would've gutted him a decade ago
we live in a fallen age

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

coelomate posted:

I mean it could crater harder :colbert:

jay powell:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Robert De Niro: "Stay calm, we're here for the bank's money, not yours. Your money is insured by the federal government, you won't lose a.... Wait, which bank is this?...... Okay, bad news folks..."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Remember the last ten years and america not being able to build anything and everything's falling apart? Sure the US can beat China.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

did we another loser from dnd coming to yell about evil ole china

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FistEnergy posted:

food inflation of 18.2% :psyduck:

(spinning on the spot)

Obesity reduction of 18.2%! We're winning!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Their last report was the Adani Group thing, right?

https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1638632636250742787

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Oglethorpe posted:

lol everything's cratering

How much crap is Yellen going to get when she gets home? I'm a bit amazed she's not being more careful about how she's answering these questions.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status/1638632223321763845

drat, I wonder what AMC is up to. Maybe we'll see a resurgence in NFTs soon.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Their last report was the Adani Group thing, right?

https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1638632636250742787

After all the "big story on Trump about to drop!" bullshit from the past six years, I'm skeptical that a story's going to be big if they announce it ahead of time. We'll see...

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

going to dump a big one right now

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

gamestop stock seems more reliable than some banks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

After all the "big story on Trump about to drop!" bullshit from the past six years, I'm skeptical that a story's going to be big if they announce it ahead of time. We'll see...

They announced the Adani Group thing ahead of time and it ended up costing that guy billions of dollars.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eric Cantonese posted:

How much crap is Yellen going to get when she gets home? I'm a bit amazed she's not being more careful about how she's answering these questions.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

these people are imbeciles op their entire system is built on orc magic they dont know what their doing or what they say half the time

over time the fail-son losers get worse

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

meme stonks are BACK baby

WALLSTREETBETS

KENNETH GRIFFIN

AWOOOOGA

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

All reward, no risk, or death!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Remember the last ten years and america not being able to build anything and everything's falling apart? Sure the US can beat China.

China built ghost cities.

Imagine building infrastructure in anticipation of population growth? haha wildly inefficient. They should have been efficient by having millions of dollars in consultants to tell you that building housing is good, and then never building the housing because a couple homeowners 10 miles away didn't personally approve of the construction and sued, but only after some more people got money to do nothing.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can i buy some of those defaulted credit suisse bonds, i want to get in on a lawsuit against the nazi gold country

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

With an army conjured directly out of command & conquer.

Why of course modern USA military is a bunch of fit macho chisel jawed WW2 veterans. Definitely not a bunch of barely physically capable sub averages whose formative years were xbox on the couch and doing heavy drugs who wilt at strong language.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Oglethorpe posted:

lol jay wiped out bitcoins gains today

nice y-axis

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lmao

But seriously tho, hilarious that both btc and snp falling at the exact moment rate hikes are announced.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

The US military has been at war for the last generation, so it has that much going for it.

Of course massacring civilians and lobbing missiles at people with no radar or AA coverage or even weapons from 30,000 feet is a very different kind of warfare than attacking people who can actually fight back lol. Like what the does the Air Force even look like when they actually start losing airframes and pilots to more than the occasional mechanical issue? IIRC for an 80s fulda gap scenario the A-10 fleet (all of it) was given a life expectancy of about 2 weeks and likely the rest of the AF is similar.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I personally love the way DnD folks show up to say “American Exceptionalism” except it takes them 1000 words to do it.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Yeah the military that got whooped by goat herders with home made weaponry gonna fight the most powerful economy in the world. Sure.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

you could make an argument that maybe if the us could mobilize millions to do something then maybe they can be on par but neo-liberalism has hollowed out the country.

there doesn't even exist the will to mobilize anyone to do anything look at covid these worthless turds couldnt even get the country to wear a mouth covering.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the USA has 30 million nukes so no one is ever going to get too frisky

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

A bunch of the US military is strung the gently caress out anyway, you've seen the stuff with fort hood and fort Bragg in the past three years, it's all coming apart at the seams

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

MonsieurChoc posted:

chinese military attempting to sabotage key US bridges but instead taking pity and helping to plan public works projects

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

its a nothingburger, theyve got no case lol. those bonds are the crumple zone bonds of banking

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I personally love the way DnD folks show up to say “American Exceptionalism” except it takes them 1000 words to do it.

DnD folks post like this, CSPAM folks post like this

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1638638234749087744

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jaxyon posted:

chinese military attempting to sabotage key US bridges but instead taking pity and helping to plan public works projects

Like that time the Soviet Union fixed a bridge in Appalachia.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Interesting way to write Chinese economy dies as it no longer trades finished goods for raw materials, food, and medicine. Please recall Russia is currently being fought off with essentially spares. Russian stability has been based on a carefully structured prison house of nations being run by the biggest gang. China has based it on economic prosperity. Crashing Russias raw materials export market was never going to stop them, because someone will always take the deal. But China is much more vulnerable. Military needs just can't take up the slack, or provide the food in short order. Their poor agricultural disease control makes this extra fragile.

Additionally they don't have uncontested control of the SCS like the US has uncontested control of the East Pacific and Atlantic seaboard. The US can rebuild it's conventional navy far out of reach, while China can't prevent attacks from being staged from the whole region, a region it has not made an effort to be a good neighbor in.

The US can commit enough navel and air power to permanently eliminate Chinas navy, take 100% losses, and move enough assets from current active duty to do it twice more. In a more realistic scenario, it's enough to keep the Chinese navy bottled in port and fight it as an air war where both sides lob missiles at each other's planes from standoff range until we figure out how to resolve a nuclear power conflict with no nukes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKJmnp4blo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

the whole problem with that forum is theyre just like most goons in that they lack brevity.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
soulja boy, sell 'em

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we will be buying chinese goods while we are at war with them, no question. it'll just happen through intermediaries and both sides look the other way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

A bunch of the US military is strung the gently caress out anyway, you've seen the stuff with fort hood and fort Bragg in the past three years, it's all coming apart at the seams

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-seal-drug-use-staggering-investigation-finds/
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/inside-the-overdose-crisis-sweeping-fort-bragg-1396298/
https://www.audacy.com/connectingvets/news/fear-grips-special-ops-amidst-human-trafficking-drug-arrests

Stated reasons for all the drug and trafficking problems in the US military range from too much work and not enough work. Too many assignments and not enough assignments :iiam: