Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but thats what happens when things go behind the woodshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

At best, people paid money for a game they can no longer play for almost a year.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo nothing I read about the game made it seem like a beta. Lol

Lmao even

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Are there any DLC plans or whatever for Gotham Knights? I haven’t been keeping up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Open Marriage Night posted:

At best, people paid money for a game they can no longer play for almost a year.

It ain't coming back

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's sounding like it's just poorly phrased and not as bad as it sounds. Apparently the full release is set for 2024, but they're planning to bring the beta back shortly and this was just the first phase.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

It's sounding like it's just poorly phrased and not as bad as it sounds. Apparently the full release is set for 2024, but they're planning to bring the beta back shortly and this was just the first phase.

Yeah I am sure that was the plan the entire time

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
They need to wait for the internet to generate more memes so they can stick in more fighters like Super Saiyan Shaggy and get a lot of hype for 5 seconds

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even if they were more clear about it being a beta I don't think anyone would reasonably expect the complete shutdown and promise of a relaunch next year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Oh to be clear, I meant there's probably a contract somewhere to someday make a thing, just like those movies, just that I'm sceptical about it ever getting beyond development hell.

The important difference is there's been a ton of TMNT games, many of them successful and good. TMNT is a billion dollar franchise, and Last Ronin sold pretty well, I think?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The important difference is there's been a ton of TMNT games, many of them successful and good. TMNT is a billion dollar franchise, and Last Ronin sold pretty well, I think?

Hell a retro throwback came out last year and it's both good and sold well

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How many of those games are based on the comics?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It'll be an interesting game no matter what. Most Turtles games are focused on the team, even if it's only a single-player game with control of one Turtle at a time. The Last Ronin is about just one Turtle and since they mentioned God of War as an inspiration then I guess it'll have a bunch of stats, skills, and equipment.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Yeah, give me control of 1 turtle with all the different weapons, and swapping between for different situations, sounds fun.

But the story is such a loving downer

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

After playing stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy and FF7 Remake, I would like to see a game where you could actually have all the Turtles in a fight at one time in something that wasn't a multiplayer beat-em-up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Adaptation of the tabletop RPG

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Adaptation of the tabletop RPG

Yes, let me make a mutant capybara!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

CzarChasm posted:

Yeah, give me control of 1 turtle with all the different weapons, and swapping between for different situations, sounds fun.

But the story is such a loving downer

If this game A) Comes out and B) Does well, I'd put money on there being a Dark Knight Returns game announced within 3 years (I would not put money on whether or not said game actually comes out)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Me: I wanna play Marvel Snap!

Mom: We have Marvel Snap at home

*marvel snap at home*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

RevKrule posted:

*marvel snap at home*

DC has had so many mobile games never make it out of "beta" or shut down before a global release.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I suddenly remember the DC MOBA. Not even its name, just that it existed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
There was a puzzle quest ripoff that was supposed to come out in q4 2022 but was pushed back to 2023.

There was a future fight ripoff that was abandoned by the devs.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dawgstar posted:

I suddenly remember the DC MOBA. Not even its name, just that it existed.

Infinite Crisis? I think that was it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I give it 3 months

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

RevKrule posted:

*marvel snap at home*

Shouldn't they at least call it "Duel Force"? From what it sounds like, it's not actually 2 on 2 battles

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1641992752299687936

Haven't played a ton of Marvel Snap but hell yeah at Bar Sinister being a location in it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay you goobers, this card bobbins better be worth it!
(it’s 50% off at the moment)

I have been playing 10 minutes and Illyana still isn’t here, this is a disgrace. I did like Old Man Johnny though, he looks good like that.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Sentinel Red posted:

Okay you goobers, this card bobbins better be worth it!
(it’s 50% off at the moment)

I have been playing 10 minutes and Illyana still isn’t here, this is a disgrace. I did like Old Man Johnny though, he looks good like that.

I grabbed it too. I’m not very good at it despite being able to Ironman X-Com.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Surely the most agonising decision in the history of video games: should I tell Illyana about her surprise party?.

I’m thinking yes but probably won’t.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

Surely the most agonising decision in the history of video games: should I tell Illyana about her surprise party?.

I’m thinking yes but probably won’t.

It was that storyline that made me know I was just hooked so deep in the game. It is pure Claremont.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It's only Claremont if they verbalize dancing to the groovy beat and feeling the music.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Midnight Suns now that the DLC is dropping. I love this game, warts and all, and I will forever wish now that they had made an X-Men game in this style. School or Krakoa, the game already feels a little like classic 80s Claremont X-Men.

Giving Gotham Knights a chance now too, but it's not grabbing me much.

I was craving another superhero game after Midnight Suns, and picked up the 2nd South Park rpg, and I hate to admit it, but other than the dated and edgleord humor, it's a good turn based rpg. You design your own superhero which never happens enough in other games.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
loving HELL, Carol is a beast. Which makes sense but drat, only Illyana and Hunter come close right now. Nico's spells so far make me wanna cry in comparison.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

loving HELL, Carol is a beast. Which makes sense but drat, only Illyana and Hunter come close right now. Nico's spells so far make me wanna cry in comparison.

Captain Marvel falls off a bit later in the game and Nico's stuff is deceptively powerful.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sentinel Red posted:

Nico has that spell that casts again if it kills an enemy, I loved burning everything down and then hitting that to clear the board.

Every character in Midnight Suns is viable, it is the perfect game. People will tell you Ghost Rider sucks, but they are wrong. Ghost Rider has a very valuable skill where he goes to hell and makes your team a ton better because he's gone.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
You best not be disparaging my boy Robbie, buddy, I’m digging him and Pete’s shop pals bromance. Also proper lol at the real reason behind Blade’s Book Club.

”Illyana, we can’t kill Tony for leaving the fridge open…”

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I personally can't stand Captain Marvel - requires too many card plays to be usable in any meaningful way, damage is so-so, and you have to keep her block topped up when she goes binary for her to be effective at all. Not great when a single marksman shot or supervillain shot can wipe it all out in a single hit. By far my least favorite character.

Right now my favorite to play with is Iron Man - lots of quick, knockback, area damage, and his excellent passive feeds you redraws like crazy to pump up his cards. Mark Target adding vulnerable really helps to knock out trucks/equipment/HP sponges too.

Nico is really powerful as long as you're not rolling with a deck that has cards with potential low damage output.

Ghost Rider is strong but I don't love how all his cards have drawbacks. Discarding a random card or your entire hand isn't fun especially if you can't bear to discard that hero combo or strong hero card you're saving for a specific target.

I am absolutely loving Spider-Man - he's everywhere all at once, and a ton of fun to wreak environmental havoc everywhere.

Morbius is basically a better Blade but they work really well together with their bleed-enhanced cards.

I love this drat game so much, every single turn can be played in a different way and it's so fun to strategize to maximize damage each turn.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
See, the way you feel about Carol is how I feel about Iron Man, minus the Binary thing. He just consistently feels underpowered and useless to me (despite having more epic cards than anyone else at the mo), I've stopped bothering unless I have to. At the moment, I'm basically Hunter & Magik BFFs 4eva + one other, usually Blade or Nico (I got a better handle on her since my earlier post), with Spidey or Carol if the others are injured/on ops. Tony, Strange and Steve are on abbey duty. Robbie yeah, he's too much effort for too little reward right now, those drop cards are The Worst.

The main takeaway is that I would totally read/watch a team book/show with Hunter, Illyana, Nico, Blade, Robbie, and Peter being Super Pals doing occult stuff together. EMO Kids 4 life, yo.

I did think about getting the DLC too but honestly, IDGAF about Venom, Deadpool or Morbius. Would totally be up for Storm tho.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

I did think about getting the DLC too but honestly, IDGAF about Venom, Deadpool or Morbius. Would totally be up for Storm tho.

that's why they made storm the last dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I got the DLC because the deluxe edition was on sale for standard game price (60 bucks) during the free weekend

Waiting for Storm to be out to start a second playthrough.