Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harrow posted:

In more "SE's actually making good games" news, I've been playing Octopath 2 and it's loving great. Gigantic improvement over the original, which I bounced off of pretty hard, but Octopath 2 won't let me go. The characters and stories are immediately more interesting right from the start, the gameplay mechanics are cooler and more distinct, and even though the characters still don't really play any part in each others' stories, the travel banter is better (and isn't missable anymore) and the new shared chapters go a long way to making the group feel like, well, a group.

Also the sprite work is fantastic

Just a completely excellent game

ITS REALLY FACKIN GOOD :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1641537951430483986?t=-Kz8sodpQik9OtnIvJY82Q&s=19

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah wait, that's not a satire site...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

even e3 won't be appearing at e3 this year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pretendstobeshocked.gif

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's time for e4.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's time for e4.
Electronic Entertainment Ex-Expo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
rest in peeece

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Excised, Expunged, Eliminated

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All you fools mocking Konami back in 2007 should have just kept it to yourselves, now we'll never get something that glorious ever again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lmao... this is a Perfect Tweet
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1641540390179205121

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
keighly dancing on the grave of booth babes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's geoff on the left

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PYF E3 trailers/moments in remembrance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

A classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6RngfAeMY

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

e3 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mr Hootington posted:

The goty was elden ring

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The most bizarre thing is why they made it almost four minutes long

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what a boss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-RtAd4WxfA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gyoru posted:

e3 2010

headliner image for the 2023 Keigh3 thread

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk if ten different Big Video Game Industry Events controlled entirely by the big publishers is a step forward

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I feel like this was buried lede when Ubisoft announced they were pulling out after Yves very specifically stated "as long as E3 is happening, we will be there."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Idk if ten different Big Video Game Industry Events controlled entirely by the big publishers is a step forward

There is no practical difference between this and a string of E3 presentation events

I guess now they can be spread out over a couple of weeks instead of being packed into one

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

At least there's some other high profile things like PAX that can help get the word out there for smaller devs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm withdrawing my presence from the April Chat Thread, I expect it to be cancelled by morning

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah it's this, I don't think the situation is gonna get better

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

King Geoff reigns

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecffZBdhAUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqGxNxjKA8

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I'm withdrawing my presence from the April Chat Thread, I expect it to be cancelled by morning

April Chat Thread is for sure on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

if we could all have a passion for trains like Francis Bourgeois the world would be a better place

Raku is the leader we need in these turbulent times :patriot:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'm gonna miss E3 honestly, it was cool having a big week every year to look forward to for gaming news. Right now all the companies are still going to be doing stuff around that time and it'll be sort of not-E3 but I don't imagine that will continue for too long.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I have very fond memories of people hooting and hollering for every megaton announcement on the neogaf forums

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

April Chat Thread is for sure on

Hearing reports that VG will wear the dancing panda suit himself if he has to

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lookin forward to Anxiety April

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I come out of the really good D&D movie to see that E3 is fuckin dead, what a perfect day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Booth Babe April

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

I come out of the really good D&D movie to see that E3 is fuckin dead, what a perfect day

So it really turned out to be good? Gonna try to go see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Will miss the many cringe moments of live presentations. RIP E3