Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Chicken Butt

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
As promised earlier in the thread:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
uh america dosnt have free health care so id question that insured deposits thing

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
showin ur whole rear end

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

landscaping guy I know says that mulch, of all things, is in short supply and skyrocketing in price lately. fuckin mulch lol
i have spent the past few years painstakingly gathering my own enormous mulch hoard and now i am going to live like a queen

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
assuming that a wealthy, powerful, mobbed up person will never face any consequences for their actions... you must admit that is a pretty safe bet in the USA especially.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Paradoxish posted:

The problem is way worse than that. The "narrative" is completely fundamental to how we engage with the world. There are just too many people out there using too many channels to tell you whatever you want to hear. The entire concept of material reality being a thing is hanging on by a thread at this point.

i whisper "nothing is real" to myself as I step on an imaginary accelerator, filling my head with an ungainly and unending deluge and chorus of digital voices

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

It's like with covid. Most societies faced with epidemic deadly disease tried to do something and saw it as a bad thing. America devoted all of their energy into pretending nothing was wrong.

I mean the entire world is doing that right now, so this might just be a human trait rather than an american sickness.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What ever happened with the landlord tenant lawsuit, did the judge issue an actual ruling

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

An Empire with America's perverse socially demanded/conditioned optimism collapsing is going to be interesting because at least Augustine knew what the gently caress was up, and was optimistic about what was going to come after Rome, instead of smiling and going about his day repeating "Roma invicta".

It's like with covid. Most societies faced with epidemic deadly disease tried to do something and saw it as a bad thing. America devoted all of their energy into pretending nothing was wrong.

I don't know, I think speculation about American Optimism can be trite but I don't really know what happens when a society that expends tremendous amounts of social control into the maintenance of optimism has to contend with your lying eyes warning you something is going on nearly constantly. I think from covid it will be fair to say you won't be able to say anything about it, much less do anything (or expect anyone else to), but... lol I mean...

Eventually the house burns down anyways.

The C-Spam Covid thread is the only place I hear anything about Covid, people dont even want to say its name, its madness.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this honeybun ain't struggling

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmyes:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Turtle Sandbox posted:

The C-Spam Covid thread is the only place I hear anything about Covid, people dont even want to say its name, its madness.

i think im the only person still wearing a mask in portland with the exception of supermarkets

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Turtle Sandbox posted:

it's over

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Jaxyon posted:

LOL good to see all the folks in this thread who said "never getting charged" taking ownership of being wrong

I'm sure nobody will move to "well never getting convicted" and pretend they never said it

Anyhow I was in the "never getting charged" camp so I'll own it. I'm surprised.

come post in the trump thread coward

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Let's see if the Trump dog and pony circus ring does it's job of distracting people from the price of bread or the dollar menu going to a five dollar menu.

Edit - you have to use fast food references because much like Harry Potter and Marvel movies it's all they understand.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just checked and yup NUMBER UP BICTH

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lmao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So Bed, Bath & Beyond fell 26% today? :thunk: Seems like the Gamestop Krew aren't Diamond Handsing enough...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s giving up

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
trump is being indicted because his election would result in further de-dollarization and a removal of support for ukraine

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i like how money is worth less than worthless if i rip it in half like the soul entrapped within escaped.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Lpzie posted:

i like how money is worth less than worthless if i rip it in half like the soul entrapped within escaped.

it's metaphysical and transcendent

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Benagain posted:

I mean the entire world is doing that right now, so this might just be a human trait rather than an american sickness.

Once the initial response was handled so badly there's not much to do. I'd argue the phase most of us are in now is 'give up' rather than 'do nothing'

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Once the initial response was handled so badly there's not much to do. I'd argue the phase most of us are in now is 'give up' rather than 'do nothing'

I simply refer to it as 'Embrace Papa Nurgle'. :nurgle:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Jaxyon posted:

LOL good to see all the folks in this thread who said "never getting charged" taking ownership of being wrong

I'm sure nobody will move to "well never getting convicted" and pretend they never said it

Anyhow I was in the "never getting charged" camp so I'll own it. I'm surprised.

I admit I was wrong and now I am moving the goal posts to trump is never getting convicted.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1641582106177335296?s=46

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bar Ran Dun posted:

(liquid and solid)

turn on your monitor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm kind of in the middle. I think this is not a "nothingburger," but you're also not going to see massive de-dollarization in just a couple of weeks or months. I don't think most normal businesses will see an effect for a while.

that’s not “in the middle” that’s what everyone talking about de dollarization thinks. of course a process like this takes more than “a couple of weeks or months”

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

where can. i get this

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

I admit I was wrong and now I am moving the goal posts to trump is never getting convicted.

Doesn't matter as much as distracting people from another bank run.

Wait sorry no bank runs. Relax citizens. Your money is completely safe. Totally safe.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

the virus could probably still be beaten if governments decided to spend an adequate amount of money on better vaccines and did a worldwide vaccination effort like what happened with smallpox but that's as farfetched an idea as governments doing anything about global warming (or even acknowledging that there is anything they could be doing)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

anime was right posted:

i think im the only person still wearing a mask in portland with the exception of supermarkets

There are still a decent number of people masking in CT, but it really depends on where and when you are. I even see a ok number of masks outdoors when I go for early morning runs, which gives me the very fun impression that there are a ton of super vulnerable people that have basically been driven out of society.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

There are still a decent number of people masking in CT, but it really depends on where and when you are. I even see a ok number of masks outdoors when I go for early morning runs, which gives me the very fun impression that there are a ton of super vulnerable people that have basically been driven out of society.

driving all the vulnerable people like cancer and aids patients out of society has been the stated goal of public health authorities since biden was inaugurated

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mastershakeman posted:

What ever happened with the landlord tenant lawsuit, did the judge issue an actual ruling

FlapYoJacks posted:

After sleeping on it I still agree with tired me last night that I am going to pay the $375.

edit: I am going to hike around Mt Rainier today and be happy knowing that the landlord lady will be miserable today and every day for the rest of her miserable sad life.

The others are correct in this thread. She’s probably extremely angry at the judgement and genuinely believes we owe her $14,500 and the court system hosed over the little landlord again!!!

gently caress that judge

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Lpzie posted:

swapping all my money 💰 to the YEN 💴💹. this American experiment is over.... if anyone here was smart you'd dump the DOLLAR 💵📉 immediately

what’s up with all of these presumably dnd weirdo tryhards recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Taima posted:

what’s up with all of these presumably dnd weirdo tryhards recently

Fresh accounts to trial run new comment patterns.