Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Remember, you can search your own stash so if you're looking for a particular mod, just set up a woop on yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

pmchem posted:

hah, I'll probably shell out for some tabs whenever the next sale is.

I'm serious that you should probably just buy the currency tab ASAP. You save, what, a dollar at most by waiting? Currency tab starts paying for itself immediately. Actually, just buy it now.

I actually have two currency tabs because it's that useful (also because you can't set it public and also right click to use the currencies out of the tab which is annoying).

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Bashez posted:

My favorite part of the live stream was the demonstration of the atlas gates using an extra passive to use the gates rather than pathing there. That just tickled me for some reason.

I also can't believe people are so upset at the nerfs. I think the new masteries are so much more interesting.

I think losing the reservation masteries for some of the nodes are going to make it much more painful to fit in auras for some builds

That's my biggest irritation tbh

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I think the math works out that it's kind of a wash for fitting in a couple 50% auras and utility stuff but worse for flat mana auras. The extra mana from forced speccing into mana can help some there too. GGG is going to make you spec into mana nodes whether you like it or not.

Also make sure not to tell anyone this but is that return projectile normalization going to work for vengeant cascade too?

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
Some things that stand out for me:

Instant leech seems pretty crazy. It is also every kind of leech, so you can probably turn a pretty small amount of mana leech into enough instant recovery to easily sustain skills.
Manaforged arrows might let you automate frenzy and ensnaring arrow during boss fights, we'll have to see when the gem comes out.
Stance swapping support seems pretty strong. Blood and sand is only 10% reservation, and a lv1 gem can let you have perma onslaught and 50% uptime on adrenaline, getting it to 6/20 bumps it up to ~75%. Sadly you can't automate with left click because stances aren't cast continously when held down.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Osci posted:

Stance swapping support seems pretty strong. Blood and sand is only 10% reservation, and a lv1 gem can let you have perma onslaught and 50% uptime on adrenaline, getting it to 6/20 bumps it up to ~75%. Sadly you can't automate with left click because stances aren't cast continously when held down.

Would the numlock trick work for this?

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

NPR Journalizard posted:

Would the numlock trick work for this?

Nope. It doesn't matter if you use numlock or manually hold down spacebar or something. Stances simply needs to be pressed every single time to be cast.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Arivia posted:

subtractem is one step ahead of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXFpfXX8Nc
I'll always love randomly watching a video like this and hearing something like "this is day 2 gear" and the guy's just fully kitted with all this useful influenced stuff and I'm lucky if I have a single useful influenced piece in an entire season. The gap between pro play vs casual play is such an insane canyon.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize how many pages ago this was.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I'm confused about complaints I see about ruthless bleeding into the main game.

What exactly are we talking about?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Mikojan posted:

Mostly exaggeration.
First off, there was some comment about how Chris Wilson was trying to nerf ascendancies for Ruthless and decided to change things in a more interesting way than simple numerical nerfs, and that process wound up influencing changes made to the ascendancies in the main game.
Second off, there's a Ruthless race.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

McFrugal posted:

Mostly exaggeration.
First off, there was some comment about how Chris Wilson was trying to nerf ascendancies for Ruthless and decided to change things in a more interesting way than simple numerical nerfs, and that process wound up influencing changes made to the ascendancies in the main game.
Second off, there's a Ruthless race.

Well I recalled their goal was to make ascendencies less about numerical changes and more about interesting effects in general. So it would kind of fit that vision.

As for the boss event lmao. Who the gently caress cares about that? Didn't see thousands of softcore players suddenly flock to SSFHC last leagues to race demigods like Ben to endgame.

People are weird

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
There's absolutely no way that I don't play a Vaal Ice Shot starter lmao.

That looks like a hefty amount of burst if it works like the image shows: you have 6 copies of you for X seconds (probably 3) who also fire ice shot when you fire ice shot. That's already a solid upgrade before you start factoring in stuff like attack speed scaling better, skill effect duration and vaal soul generation shenanigans. Depends entirely on how the skill actually does work once they fully reveal it.

I really want to try Vaal LA as well and see how that bow skill reservation skill pans out.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The 225% quiver bow looks wild

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. That's a broken bow if you slap a passive tree on it too, combo it with some high-damage quiver, or a unique with a very specific bonus like Voidfletcher.

It probably won't affect the summon Harbinger of Direction on the Spinner, but that's still a hefty bag of bonus fire/ice damage, implicit phys damage, attributes and resists.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I have no idea what to play.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

I wonder how many stupid amount of additional projectiles you could get off that thing

External Organs posted:

It's okay we all are gonna flipflop on builds for the next week

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

boredsatellite posted:

Also planning on trying TS deadeye but haven't played deadeye in years

How did it feel last league for those who played her

Extremely strong for juicing delirium per usual if you have the cash. She requires a good investment to get going. I also hope you don't like dying a lot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do trigger bots replace your trigger spells or are they in addition to them?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Do trigger bots replace your trigger spells or are they in addition to them?

Replace, though I'm certain a unique with that effect is in works

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
So if you trigger Voltaxic Burst, does it stick to you or stick to your bots? If you slap it on an arcanist brand it sticks to the enemies iirc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So its 100%-35% more damage plus double the mana cost. Uh. Usually a big ascendancy node is like 15% more damage.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think I will start Poison SRS this league. It was by far the best bossing build I played last league, and extremely powerful for the cost.

Making no other changes to the build other than editing the damage mods off United in Dream and unspecing the armor wheel where you picked up the Determination mastery, and swapping with the mana wheel you path by takes the build down from 20m dps to 16.5m. Swap out a Covenant for a Dendrobate for early league play, and remove the Amunamu jewel, and the build still has 9.2m dps (all of this without plugging in an AG).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Replace, though I'm certain a unique with that effect is in works

yeah watching the release video the ice spears are coming out of the bots. God drat

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Was Astral Projector or Shockwave totem effected by the changes?

I just spent two weeks learning about stuff that apparently doesn't apply anymore so I'm now afraid to start something I'm not familiar with. I'll just slog through the early game at my normal glacial pace.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Have there been any hints of reworked Ultimatum going core? Is that something they would have covered?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hmmm champ bladestorm??

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koryk posted:

Have there been any hints of reworked Ultimatum going core? Is that something they would have covered?

Someone asked during the Q&A, no progress yet.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

DangerDongs posted:

Extremely strong for juicing delirium per usual if you have the cash. She requires a good investment to get going. I also hope you don't like dying a lot.

its okay dying a lot is part of my normal gameplay with bow builds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arivia posted:

Someone asked during the Q&A, no progress yet.

Chris’s body language indicated to me he doesn’t like ultimatum

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Did anyone league start vortex in the last two leagues? How was it? How far did you take it? Elementalist or Occultist?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Benson Cunningham posted:

Did anyone league start vortex in the last two leagues? How was it? How far did you take it? Elementalist or Occultist?

I did, as a trickster. I had a lot of fun but stalled out on white maps not because of the build but because it was obviously a really bad choice for Sanctum. I rerolled to Poison SRS.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

TyrantWD posted:

I think I will start Poison SRS this league. It was by far the best bossing build I played last league, and extremely powerful for the cost.

Making no other changes to the build other than editing the damage mods off United in Dream and unspecing the armor wheel where you picked up the Determination mastery, and swapping with the mana wheel you path by takes the build down from 20m dps to 16.5m. Swap out a Covenant for a Dendrobate for early league play, and remove the Amunamu jewel, and the build still has 9.2m dps (all of this without plugging in an AG).

I think I'm gonna do Poison SRS as well since it somehow dodged a major nerf other than the UiD change. Only major downside is that it won't be using the minion wand trees so it won't likely get much bonus from Crucible

Absolution is a bit tempting too, Vaal absolution means you're effectively getting double damage with the big one up if you can quickly replace the uplifted minion. If DomBlow was a bit better or we knew what Vaal Domination does, I'd be tempted to do that again as well.

Arivia posted:

I did, as a trickster. I had a lot of fun but stalled out on white maps not because of the build but because it was obviously a really bad choice for Sanctum. I rerolled to Poison SRS.

I had the same experience as well. Just utter dogshit for sanctum unfortunately

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

External Organs posted:

I solved that conundrum by deciding not to play a year ago.

Will see what the game is like in a few weeks time but i'm not bubbling with enthusiasm atm

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Free mystery box when you spend points in the shop this weekend.

To save you all the trouble: the 2 point Weta

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

euphronius posted:

So its 100%-35% more damage plus double the mana cost. Uh. Usually a big ascendancy node is like 15% more damage.

1) It's 65% x 2, or 30% more damage, not 65% more.
2) During the Q&A, they said you only pay the mana cost once.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I thought the new Snipe gem sounded cool, then remembered it's already a helm nobody uses and if they do it's only with like Puncture. Maybe the numbers will be different, but I doubt it.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Just Another Lurker posted:

I solved that conundrum by deciding not to play a year ago.

Will see what the game is like in a few weeks time but i'm not bubbling with enthusiasm atm

cool

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Mikojan posted:

The race is Ruthless, and it feels like all the leveling nerfs are to make a Ruthless race more interesting. That's feeding a lot of it (in addition to the previously mentioned "we wanted to make some changes for Ruthless and instead made them for the whole game").