Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Grip it n' dip it. :haibrower:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I’m on my iPad and the Amazon app is being difficult, but they’ve got a knockoff Winix replacement filter plus 4 charcoal pre filters for $19.99. A far cry from the $50 Winix charges. Just look for “C545 H13 True HEPA Replacement Filter S Compatible with Winix C545 Air Purifier, Replaces Winix S Filter 1712-0096-00, 1 True HEPA Filter + 4 Activated Carbon Filters 1 Pack”

I imagine you can get better deals buying like a 6-pack or something. I paid a couple bucks more than above and got it same day, which was nice.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

finally found out about costco next, any brands or products worth getting thru there?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I see Thomas Kinkaide has a partnership

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

fischtick posted:

I’m on my iPad and the Amazon app is being difficult, but they’ve got a knockoff Winix replacement filter plus 4 charcoal pre filters for $19.99. A far cry from the $50 Winix charges. Just look for “C545 H13 True HEPA Replacement Filter S Compatible with Winix C545 Air Purifier, Replaces Winix S Filter 1712-0096-00, 1 True HEPA Filter + 4 Activated Carbon Filters 1 Pack”

I imagine you can get better deals buying like a 6-pack or something. I paid a couple bucks more than above and got it same day, which was nice.

I just ordered these a few days ago myself, they’ll be here today. Think it’s the same link you’re referencing:

https://a.co/d/59WRchg

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

halokiller posted:

finally found out about costco next, any brands or products worth getting thru there?

They’ve usually got consistent deals on Anker cables if you need new USB C or apple connections.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What the hell is Costco next?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp0reXfOoFZ/

What a weak constitution. Its too saltyyy, it gives me heartbuuurrnn. No mention of the pencilhands style rear end ripping though

there are some things better left unsaid….

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Chicken necks?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

MarcusSA posted:

third party companies have an agreement with Costco that seems to be 'discount (probably) in exchange for you giving up name/data about your purchasing habits' so, yknow, they're making that money back on you somehow

It seems to require you to sign in with your costco account to even see the deals, so I haven't. Perhaps I am missing out on all these great deals???

https://costconext.com/about/

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 30, 2023

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i like that wild caught alaskan cod they got up there at the costco. well cleaned and cheap

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Had the weirdest thing happen tonight. Grabbed a box of those Del Real bean & cheese pupusas and opening the first pack, the top pupusa was beef & cheese.

The rest of that vacuum sealed package was all bean & cheese. My poor vegetarian wife of course bit into the beef & cheese one and I thought she was crazy because mine was fine, but it was loaded with shredded beef, wasn’t even like it was a single piece. It’s like someone grabbed one off another line and put it in.

Trip report though, they are amazing pupusas.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Psion posted:

third party companies have an agreement with Costco that seems to be 'discount (probably) in exchange for you giving up name/data about your purchasing habits' so, yknow, they're making that money back on you somehow

It seems to require you to sign in with your costco account to even see the deals, so I haven't. Perhaps I am missing out on all these great deals???

https://costconext.com/about/

Actually, in the tradition of Costco failing at websites, logging in to Costco.com won't allow you to see the CostcoNext.com deals. You have to type in your member number, first name and last name.

My read from looking through the website is that it's a side deal they give Costco members as part of them getting a few products in physical stores. The deals on brands I'm familiar with were negligible.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Actually, in the tradition of Costco failing at websites, logging in to Costco.com won't allow you to see the CostcoNext.com deals. You have to type in your member number, first name and last name.

My read from looking through the website is that it's a side deal they give Costco members as part of them getting a few products in physical stores. The deals on brands I'm familiar with were negligible.

Negligible and limited. I checked the anker deals they had before anker poo poo the bed, nothing interesting or that I would get was offered at discount.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Negligible and limited. I checked the anker deals they had before anker poo poo the bed, nothing interesting or that I would get was offered at discount.

Are you referring to the security cameras or something else here? Because most of my experience with Anker products has been good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are you referring to the security cameras or something else here? Because most of my experience with Anker products has been good.

I am. Eufy is Anker's security camera brand.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 30, 2023

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I am. Eufy is Anker's security camera brand.

Okay, yeah, I was aware of that. It seems some poor decisions were made there...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Wonderllama posted:

Please don’t eat cheese bread for dinner, goons.

brazillian cheese bread is awesome but the one costco stocks is too bland and dry

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I picked up a bag of black pepper & herb chicken tenders from Church about a week ago, finally got around to eating them and gotta say: they are pretty darn good. And that's just from an oven, not anything fancy like an air fryer. Good flavor, no naughty bits like chewy gristle or whatever else you could expect, and great for your dietary macros (if you are looking at those). You apparently can microwave them, but I can't imagine why you would. If you put them in the oven, they get nice and crispy. I imagine a microwave just leaves them floppy and wet.

Costco either gets a very low quantity of them or they sell out fast. When I picked up my bag about 2 weeks ago, they were almost sold out.

If you want a good topping for a salad or something, i'd look at these. Cut them into strips and put them on top of a salad. I'm sure you'll be happy.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i like that wild caught alaskan cod they got up there at the costco. well cleaned and cheap
dunno if its the same stuff but i buy the cod every now and then, cajun seasoning and fried in butter and oil is nice and easy. serve with tartar sauce.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

ShowTime posted:

I picked up a bag of black pepper & herb chicken tenders

Is this Tyson brand? Only thing that comes up on Google

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Wayne Knight posted:

I need to get some new winix filters. The corsi cube thing is cool and very functional but I don't want a cube of hvac filters in my living room.

Also: gonna eat dinner at costco tonight

If you've got any wood working knowledge, build an end table with vents that can house the Corsi cube, form AND function.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Resdfru posted:

Is this Tyson brand? Only thing that comes up on Google

Yea, these are the ones. Usually I avoid Tyson, but these are straight up, non-breaded tenderloins so I'm enjoying them. No room for that normal Tyson filler. They have a great flavor, even have a hint of lime to them, which I kind of noticed on the first batch and then identified on the second batch. I had them a few years ago and wasn't a fan, but it seems they went away for a bit and are coming back. I had a few more tonight to put on a salad and they came out great, again. Just takes like 25 minutes in the oven with a flip in between and they come out juicy with a little bit of crisp.

Last time i had them they were way too over seasoned and this time they aren't done that way. I'm gonna buy a couple more bags tomorrow, because my local didn't get a huge shipment and last time I was there they were getting kind of low.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

halokiller posted:

The Philips Hue deals are usually pretty decent when they work, which they often don't because Philips is as bad at websites as Costco is.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
found a near-untouched box of macarons from 2021 in the back of the fridge

can report, aging improves them, will probably buy a couple this fall to store for 2025

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Someone mentioned the birria pupusas upthread i think. They just hit my warehouse

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Molten Llama posted:

The Philips Hue deals are usually pretty decent when they work, which they often don't because Philips is as bad at websites as Costco is.

I don't even see Philips on the Costco Next site which is a shame because I've been fitting my whole house with that stuff and it's not cheap.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

First time I saw baklava

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Someone mentioned the birria pupusas upthread i think. They just hit my warehouse

loving hell birria and cheese? i want that so bad

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

oh I'll need to check these the next time I see them. I think they had bean and cheese last time which were fine but this sounds like it might be better.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

I don't even see Philips on the Costco Next site which is a shame because I've been fitting my whole house with that stuff and it's not cheap.

You probably see this but the Philips Hue stuff seems to rotate through Costco.com all the time, sometimes they have the kits with A19 bulbs, sometimes recessed.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Del Real the brand that everyone was saying was trash-tier before?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I think people said the Real Good Foods enchiladas were bad, unless i missed something else

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

Wasn't Del Real the brand that everyone was saying was trash-tier before?

Nope, that was Realgood and their horrible chicken enchiladas (and maybe other stuff but that was enough for me).

https://realgoodfoods.com/products/6-pack-grande-chicken-enchiladas?variant=33339665678413

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think people said the Real Good Foods enchiladas were bad, unless i missed something else

yeah they were terrible.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Ah yeah, ok it's the "real" that was triggering me.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

I'm gonna do Super Size Me but with Costco's food court

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

goochtit posted:

I'm gonna do Super Size Me but with Costco's food court

How many meals a day? for a whole month?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Watch it backfire and eating 3 Costco dogs a day for $4.50 ends up with you in peak physical condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Alucard posted:

Watch it backfire and eating 3 Costco dogs a day for $4.50 ends up with you in peak physical condition.

Fun fact: eating 12 ounces of processed meat per day increases your risk of coronary heart disease by over 300%