Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

the atrocious life expectancies are a mixture of black people being murdered by racist capitalism and cops and poor white people being murdered by their own hands and unfailing suicidal loyalty to the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
hispanics/latinos are known for the "hispanic paradox" yeah thats right bitch the paradox is we're often poor and in sometimes lovely locations/scenarios but we live as long whites you dumb sluts

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

hispanics/latinos are known for the "hispanic paradox" yeah thats right bitch the paradox is we're often poor and in sometimes lovely locations/scenarios but we live as long whites you dumb sluts

it's the lard, the lard offsets the other factors

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

euphronius posted:

can’t afford a down payment ? try Pittsburgh where you can get a 140 year old row house with no parking for 400k

500,000 posts trying to sell pittsburgh in this thread and finally one that makes sense

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
ngl was recently thinking about getting lard as an oil alternative

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
seed oils ftw

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

firing up my wok with a bespoke mix of high-temp lithium grease cut with anal fisting lube that's sold by the gallon

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lard ftw. keeps my hair shiny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mélenchon hon hon

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

webcams for christ posted:

Mélenchon is right

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i've always found the "trendiness" of diets interesting - didn't the forums go thru a phase where keto was big and people would post about their all meat diets
i get the impression it's all about intermittent fasting these days

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

shrike82 posted:

i've always found the "trendiness" of diets interesting - didn't the forums go thru a phase where keto was big and people would post about their all meat diets

All the various trendy diets are championed by different people.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

can’t afford a down payment ? try Pittsburgh where you can get a 140 year old row house with no parking for 400k

I saw one of these being used as a three-couple flophouse, with the back wall of the house falling off, go for over $340K

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Bender's apartment but in real life

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

bah, look at all that wasted space

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKf08vWTkKA

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

valuable oil in exchange for worthless dollars

dollars are worth less so you need more of them for the same bang for your buck, as it where

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The_Franz posted:

And they see thousands, if not tens of thousands, of nearly identical applications from hyper-overachiever kids who check all those boxes and are rejected anyways, because there is a finite amount of space. Being a perfect student with more extracurriculars than there are hours in the day doesn't make you stand out when that's the minimum for every application they get.

Apparently, even being a legacy with buildings named after your family isn't good enough anymore, as they could basically fill up their rolls just from that pool, and they still have to let in some high-achieving lower-class people to maintain the illusion of the meritocracy.

interesting how we are now well into a feudal society type situation whereby there are just too many second sons/daughters and house members generally, and no way to really get rid of them (war, send off to church etc) as they exponentially multiply thanks to modern healthcare

downwardly mobile nobles have always been a source of trouble throughout history, more so than peasant revolts

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

shrike82 posted:

I've kind of wondered if the large uptick in colon cancer in younger healthier people is connected at all with the CARBS BAD PROTEIN GOOD wild diet swing of the last decade-and-a-half.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

more like cnbc not making it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How long until they release a report saying that Saudi Arabia was actually responsible for 9/11 and we need to invade them?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oil up
https://twitter.com/PriapusIQ/status/1642668727333187584?t=7er3NefZcdbR8vfHjtmdXQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/lines_down/status/1642664974643499008?t=fSKIxV9BOBPWyj04Cnb5-g&s=19

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I've kind of wondered if the large uptick in colon cancer in younger healthier people is connected at all with the CARBS BAD PROTEIN GOOD wild diet swing of the last decade-and-a-half.

its probably just sodium tbh

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

anime was right posted:

its probably just sodium tbh

Actually you can see it correlates to social media use

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mr Hootington posted:

Actually you can see it correlates to social media use

drat anus-obsessed youth just stuff their phones everywhere.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Jel Shaker posted:

interesting how we are now well into a feudal society type situation whereby there are just too many second sons/daughters and house members generally, and no way to really get rid of them (war, send off to church etc) as they exponentially multiply thanks to modern healthcare

downwardly mobile nobles have always been a source of trouble throughout history, more so than peasant revolts

Theranos was from a faildaughter who lied her way into being a Silicon Valley CEO, and then the failgrandson of George Shultz tried to convince him he invested in a scam and the rich patriarch disowned him lol.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1642668246649151488?s=20

quote:

The higher demand comes despite rents of $140,000 a month for one of the five, three-bedroom duplexes. Rents are $40,000 a month for one of the seven smaller clubhouse suites. Meanwhile, the rental process has been simplified. Bookings are secured with a credit card. Guests stay for as long as they need, and when they are ready to go, they simply announce they are leaving.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
i'm an Obesomorph

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Might as well just book a hotel room in perpetuity.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

How long until they release a report saying that Saudi Arabia was actually responsible for 9/11 and we need to invade them?

well they were, along with Israel and the CIA. it would've been a lot smarter to invade SA than Iraq or Afghanistan. easier too. look at how the Yemenis kicked the poo poo out of them, even with American help.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

uber_stoat posted:

it would've been a lot smarter to invade SA than Iraq or Afghanistan.

"Dying for Bush's mangosteen profits".

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Don’t worry folks nothing bad has ever happened from the US trying to dictate Japan’s supply of oil

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Animal-Mother posted:

i'm an Obesomorph

I was too but then I stayed in my obese form for more than two hours and now, well,

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

it's ultraprocessed foods, kevin hall at NIH did several studies over a month long period where they monitored people at their facilities (they were literally not allowed to leave). they found no clinically significant difference between low fat and low carb, which was also checked in a meta-analysis (low fat actually did better, but only statistically, not clinically)

very long story short, people in the ultraprocessed group ate 500 calories a day more on average than the unprocessed. some interesting reasons for this have to do with ultraprocessed food being consumed much more quickly than natural food, and some hypotesized effects of how ultraprocessed foods affect ghrelin

What counts as ultra processed? M&Ms? Triscuits? Cheetos? All of the above?

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

ngl was recently thinking about getting lard as an oil alternative

It's an oil that is solid at room temperature. It's going to do the same thing once it's in your arteries. Avoid oils like that, it's what cholesterol comes from.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nineteenth century Americans ate bread fried in bacon fat for breakfast.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

SARS-Cordyceps posted:

It's an oil that is solid at room temperature. It's going to do the same thing once it's in your arteries. Avoid oils like that, it's what cholesterol comes from.

my body isn't room temperature inside

SARS-Cordyceps
May 15, 2022

by vyelkin

I thought this dude was doing a comedy sketch until the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

microplastic-infused rear end

literally
like we literally all have this now
little tiny filaments from a tshirt you wore ten years ago, breathed into your mouth, swallowed, and then lodged in the tissue of your sphincter