Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

on one hand, there was no uncle howdy. but on the other hand, cody lost. so it's impossible to say whether or not this mania was as funny as it could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

pre-RIP Jay White

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this thread is so funny

https://twitter.com/trevordame/status/1642740588914282496?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Didn't that show end with Austin turning heel, unofficially ending the Attitude era, and sending the american wrestling business into 20 years of darkness never reaching the peak of popular culture since?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I'm a pretty dumb guy but the average wrestling fan makes me feel really smart. even the ones who I think are smart always turn out to be stupid on an embarrassing level

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Zombie Lemur posted:

Like the only way this could've been dumber is if Cody was distracted by a hologram of his dad or something.

I was fully expecting, if Cody had won, for him to walk up to the top of the entrance ramp and fistbump Hologram Ghost Dad as the pyro went off.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
yall remember Cody lmao. lol.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

sorry, who?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol apparently Cody didn't smarten up Amanda Huber and Brodie Jr, what a guy

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

Didn't that show end with Austin turning heel, unofficially ending the Attitude era, and sending the american wrestling business into 20 years of darkness never reaching the peak of popular culture since?

The wrestlemania 17 main event literally booked the end of WWEs cultural relevancy and furthermore the peak of American soft power. Last pre 9/11 mania. America never made sense again like it did during the my way promo. Put it in the Smithsonian.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I had a strong feeling that roman was retaining when they moved the tag match to the main yesterday

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EMF I'm sorry bud :smith:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Gonz posted:

I was fully expecting, if Cody had won, for him to walk up to the top of the entrance ramp and fistbump Hologram Ghost Dad as the pyro went off.

Son of a Bummer.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

post hole digger posted:

The wrestlemania 17 main event literally booked the end of WWEs cultural relevancy and furthermore the peak of American soft power. Last pre 9/11 mania. America never made sense again like it did during the my way promo. Put it in the Smithsonian.

Canonically the last 20 years of WWE has been the dystopian future after Mr. McMahon breaks his greatest rival Steve Austin and reigns for 1,000 years of darkness in an evil heel promotion where heroes don't exist. Like the Star Trek episode where the Borg destroys the Federation in another reality.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I literally didn't think it was possible for them to be this stupid. We clown on Vince and Triple Paul justifiably, but but this is remarkably awful and dumb even for them.

Don't get me wrong, this is the funnier outcome BY FAR and I am happy they did it because lol at the WWE, but I legit didn't think it was possible to botch your completely free lay ups as badly as they've done all spring long. Once again the universe was delivering them free gold despite their awful booking and all they had to do was take it, but they went with more awful booking instead. This is like having Austin cut that Austin 3:16 promo on Jake the Snake, and then having him come out in diapers on RAW the next day to job to Mideon.

I am in awe.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 3, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Son never gets over the Roman Empire

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

When EMF talked about Vince wanting Roman to break Bruno's record I didn't believe him but I didn't dismiss it either.
Alas, this all sounds like a WWE fans' problem.

Radius Fracture
Sep 22, 2008

The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic
So Asuka, Finn and Cody ALL lost? It’s like they booked this specifically to hurt my feelings. LMAO.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Radius Fracture posted:

So Asuka, Finn and Cody ALL lost? It’s like they booked this specifically to hurt my feelings. LMAO.

No. They booked this to hurt everybody's feelings.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

They're still Mad About Mercedes so they decided to job everyone out who has had a lot of success in Japan

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Radius Fracture posted:

GUNTHER had another five star match at least.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I only remember stardust

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

:laffo: eat poo poo, cody

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Suplex Liberace posted:

Cody Rhodes WWE champion

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

post hole digger posted:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ChrisBTY posted:

No. They booked this to hurt everybody's feelings.

Not mine. This is great.

THE BIG DAWG WINS AGAIN.

I will say tho, Cody would have been an easy person to be the main guy, but they have such a hard on for Roman for some reason that they can't just rub one out and let him lose. Cody can actually have good matches, Roman just stinks.
I really dislike Cody tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sorry Drew, we know you’re in your home and in front of your family but Sami’s been doing good work

Sorry Sami, we know you’re in your home and in front of your family but Cody won the Rumble

Sorry Cody, we know you’re in your home and in front of your family and Brodie Lee’s family but Dwayne posted a tweet

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Sarray about your drat push

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/rollysonmason/status/1642734208341647361?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1642735561516494848?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Seams fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 3, 2023

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The real Dusty finish is to never win the big one, become Vince’s employee to put over his choices then die.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Eat My Fuc posted:

The real Dusty finish is to never win the big one, become Vince’s employee to put over his choices then die.

Cody gonna get the polka dots

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i want a cody version of this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Making kid with dead parent a part of your entrance is a good idea but sure as poo poo make sure the dead parent did NOT quit WWE!!! Rookie poo poo

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

ahahahahaha didnt watch but cody loving lost?

chody blows! loser! loser! loser!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
lol if Kenny Omega decides to give WWE a chance after tonight. They'd book him against Roman just to have Roman kick out of like twenty One-Winged Angels in their eventual match