Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1642952407251296260?t=7JWeQMIhyPbs44lg8BfMbw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

even the shittiest hotels around here dont go below $150-200 a night im talking dumps you wont not stay in unless you had no choice anything above that which is like bare minimum "meh" starts reaching the $300 a night

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Finish him

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HallelujahLee posted:

even the shittiest hotels around here dont go below $150-200 a night im talking dumps you wont not stay in unless you had no choice anything above that which is like bare minimum "meh" starts reaching the $300 a night

holiday inn expresses with government rate is by far my favorite budget hotel. best bang for the buck and really nice for around $130 a night. or well, used to be, I dunno what they run now

e: looked up a few spots and HIE is still around $130. good poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Fast food's advantage came from its price, now the prices are ballooning and they're shrinking the food too. And lol, the only thing to even do in the US with other people is eat and drink, and you can't even do that because prices are crazytown.

What's the alternative though? The price of food has gone up across the board. Fast food still fills the same niche.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Xaris posted:

holiday inn expresses with government rate is by far my favorite budget hotel. best bang for the buck and really nice for around $130 a night. or well, used to be, I dunno what they run now

i stayed at one of those a few months ago and it was close to $300 a night this is in Fl though so i dont know

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Campgrounds are $30 a night fyi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

HallelujahLee posted:

i stayed at one of those a few months ago and it was close to $300 a night this is in Fl though so i dont know

maybe there was a big conference event and you got gouged. the one in Orlando is still like $130 which is very reasonable

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Xaris posted:

maybe there was a big conference event and you got gouged. the one in Orlando is still like $130 which is very reasonable
maybe this was in tampa

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Burger, small fries, small drink is creeping up above 5 bucks at mcdonalds

at this point getting a pizza from a local place is cheaper than any fast food, even with tipping the driver

the pizza I got delivered yesterday had a $5.50 delivery fee

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Xaris posted:

we have a lot of actual great used-to-be-budget hole in the wall Thai-Korean-sushi-phi-etc but even the hole in the wall places run a solid $65-100 for 2 these days

at least it’s good. I can’t even fathom paying those prices for Applebees/chili’s/Olive Garden

The neighborhood teriyaki place is great but one plate is $23 with tax and it’s two scoops of rice with some meat and a tiny salad. Rice is still dirt cheap in bulk and the meat can’t be that expensive for lunch, maybe 6-8 ounces of steak or chicken thigh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

aren't you the idiot who argued that people with the word "manager" in their job title aren't really part of Labor? and kept quadrupling down after people pointed out that an account manager, for example, doesn't actually manage people?

really cool that the thread IK just casually smears posters he dislikes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

if you're not a right winger what are you?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Campgrounds are $30 a night fyi

back when i was in college i went with some friends to fort wilderness (campground at disney world) and it was only $15/night for a campsite.

went to see what it cost now, and lol $167 for a square of dirt to put your tent on.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Definitely depends how popular a camp spot is. I got a spot in mt rainier national park for 78$ total for 2 nights this summer but it also isnt one of the more popular camp spots.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

What the gently caress is that self bought av lol

I saw that and almost died laughing I sure hope someone bought it for him. Stable genius poo poo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Regarde Aduck posted:

an unusually useless Useful Idiot?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I can't get past the bloomberg paywall on this story so here's the nypost summary & some added info:

quote:

Xanax, Adderall patients denied prescriptions due to opioid settlement: report

Americans suffering from anxiety and sleep disorders have been unable to get their prescriptions filled at pharmacies due to secret provisions in a recently settled lawsuit over the proliferation of opioids, according to a report.

Pharmacists say that they are being prevented from fulfilling orders on key medications such as Xanax and Adderall due to a 2021 settlement with three of the nation’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturers — AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson.

The three companies agreed to pay a collective $19.5 billion to 46 states nationwide who sued the firms, settling thousands of lawsuits that were filed by local governments, Native American tribes, hospitals groups, and others.

The pharmaceutical companies were accused of fueling the opioid epidemic by flooding areas with pills while downplaying their health risks.

A clause in the settlement places a cap on the number of controlled substances that pharmacies are allowed to dispense, according to Bloomberg News.

That means that pharmacies are often blocked from fulfilling prescriptions to patients in need of refills.

In some cases, patients are sent to independent pharmacies that haven’t yet reached the threshold on how many orders they can fill.

“I understand the intention of this policy is to have control of controlled substances so they don’t get abused, but it’s not working,” Richard Glotzer, a Millwood, NY-based independent pharmacist, told Bloomberg News.

“There’s no reason I should be cut off from ordering these products to dispense to my legitimate patients that need it.”

The caps put in place are determined based on daily, monthly, and quarterly statistics on the sale of prescribed substances, according to Bloomberg News.

“You don’t know what you’re going to get” when an order is placed, according to Glotzer. “It’s no way to do business, let’s put it that way.”

Glotzer said that the caps have affected his ability to aid those who are suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and were prescribed drugs such as Concerta and Ritalin.

In February, he was only able to get Cardinal to send him 100 pills — compared to 3,700 the previous month.

As of March 23, Glotzer said he hadn’t been able to get any medications from Cardinal.

He said that McKesson sent him a shipment but there weren’t nearly enough pills for his patients.

Benjamin Jolley, a Utah-based independent pharmacist, said Cardinal stopped shipping him fentanyl lozenges and other controlled substances, forcing him to turn away patients who suffer from ADHD, chronic pain, cancer, and other maladies.

The Post has sought comment from Cardinal Health and McKesson.

“As we have always done, AmerisourceBergen maintains a robust diversion control program that tracks, monitors, reports and halts potentially suspicious orders of controlled substances,” a spokesperson for AmerisourceBergen told The Post.

“We are dedicated to doing what we can as a distributor to mitigate the diversion of these drugs without interfering with good faith clinical decisions made by doctors, who interact directly with patients and decide what treatments are most appropriate for their care.”

“Distributors like AmerisourceBergen have been asked to walk a legal and ethical tightrope by both maintaining access to products while simultaneously limiting potential diversion by other members of the controlled substance supply chain,” the spokesperson said.

“Increased and consistent guidance on finding this balance from regulators is needed to support patient access.”

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

is pepsi ok posted:

back when i was in college i went with some friends to fort wilderness (campground at disney world) and it was only $15/night for a campsite.

went to see what it cost now, and lol $167 for a square of dirt to put your tent on.

I just did a road trip through like 8 states and the most expensive campsites were about $50. These were brand new state owned sites so they were charging more than usual. Most were around $30.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I already plugged it in the housing thread but the Element Hotels are the best & most reasonably priced I've come across, or at least they were when I was traveling.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Last time I traveled I stayed at some place called Club Quarters which is a minimal hotel for business travelers. I guess they're all $150 a night now too though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yellen is talking. She is pissed about the oil cuts

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

Definitely depends how popular a camp spot is. I got a spot in mt rainier national park for 78$ total for 2 nights this summer but it also isnt one of the more popular camp spots.

I was camping in Yellowstone for like $10/night. It was great

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Last time I traveled I stayed at some place called Club Quarters which is a minimal hotel for business travelers. I guess they're all $150 a night now too though.

Club Quarters owns. I've stayed there every time I've been to London. They give you free water bottles, which is huge because British people apparently hate being hydrated.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

Club Quarters owns. I've stayed there every time I've been to London. They give you free water bottles, which is huge because British people apparently hate being hydrated.

Their rooms are pretty small and bare bones but you shouldn't be sitting in your hotel room anyway when you're traveling

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Yellen is talking. She is pissed about the oil cuts

yellen could have saved the economy, if it wasn't for all those meddling commodity producers!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
BLM land can be free for good camping. There’s a good app and several websites for great camping spots that aren’t the cost of a hotel room

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

HallelujahLee posted:

160$ a night should be this: https://www.booking.com/Share-JurNwb

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The saudis did it to gently caress with people lol
https://twitter.com/kylascan/status/1642988684537372675?t=LUsgvFhDEi_-wDXY7hxbcQ&s=19

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

moving to Portugal

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I paid like 40 bucks a night to stay in hostels in London and Paris in 2016. The room were fairly nice and I got on with people well, and the Paris one they assigned me a room with no one else in it anyway.

lovely motel 6 on the highway near Santa Barbara (not in, near) with people idling their trucks in the parking lot and thumping bass? 130 in 2015. Lmao shithole country.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 21:50 on Apr 3, 2023

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

That’s in my lexicon now for sure

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

go primitive camping in a state/national park that permits it like a caveman

also luckily the wendy's biggie bag (used to be 4 for 4... smh) is still cheap as gently caress and is plenty filling. honestly it's kind of nice to be able to get a reasonable amount of food for the price, every time I eat off the regular menu it's too much food anyway and leaves me feeling gross. ur not supposed to eat that many calories in one go!!!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

FlapYoJacks posted:

BLM land can be free for good camping. There’s a good app and several websites for great camping spots that aren’t the cost of a hotel room

Which app do you like? there's a few out there that kind of cover it but not well and ive been trying to hunt down something worth while.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Gather ye cheeseburgs while ye may

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i bought some new kitchen knives so now all I get are online advertisements for kitchen knives. I already bought them. I don't need any ads. This is a gigantic part of the tech sector.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

you can camp for free (away from campgrounds) on national forest land (no amenities tho)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

The people in America with the furthest right views on labor usually describe themselves as "centrists"

Not sure if that phenomenon is applicable abroad as well

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Woke Mind Virus posted:

i bought some new kitchen knives so now all I get are online advertisements for kitchen knives. I already bought them. I don't need any ads. This is a gigantic part of the tech sector.

Was talking about this with my husband just yesterday. We bought a new piece of furniture after doing some research about it and now all the ads on everything are for that piece of furniture and its like ??? its done. I bought it. I dont need another. You loving morons.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

The people in America with the furthest right views on labor usually describe themselves as "centrists"

Not sure if that phenomenon is applicable abroad as well

i think it is anytime some turd claims to be a centrist its usually followed by very right wing poo poo especially economically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the number of ai generated bernie avs is too damned high!!